Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thermal-ceramic coating?

Go down 
+2
Overboosting
mkiiichip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mkiiichip
Legit

Thermal-ceramic coating? Empty
PostSubject: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:27 pm

I am looking for a place that does ceramic coating for turbo parts. The manifold and downpipes are fairly straight forward, but the turbine housing will take a fair amount of knowledge, to coat properly.

Anyone have any experience with a shop somewhere in wi?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I've done the diy stuff with legasti on his exhaust housing so far so good. There are a few tricks to getting it to stay though
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Don't you need to bake that stuff on at some ridiculously high temperatures?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:59 pm

This has come up before, I used Jethot and was very happy with the quality. That or swaintech would be my only two real choices if I were looking to hold heat in. It's expensive but it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:24 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

Yes 3 times at 500 or 450 in our case because that's how hot our oven could get. Also media blasting it first isa must
Back to top Go down
mkiiichip
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:22 pm

240sxguy wrote:
This has come up before, I used Jethot and was very happy with the quality. That or swaintech would be my only two real choices if I were looking to hold heat in. It's expensive but it was worth it.

I did search, the word "ceramic" turned up zero results. It seems that will be the way i'll go.

Overboosting wrote:
2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

Yes 3 times at 500 or 450 in our case because that's how hot our oven could get. Also media blasting it first isa must

Media blasting is a definite, but i dont see how you can bake a product onto a manifold at 500, and expect it to withstand temps in the 1000+ range.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:20 pm

why not? That cures it, then it can handle more.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:28 pm

I always thought that legit ceramic coat had to be heated to like 1500 degrees but I have no real knowledge of it
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:54 pm

MKiii

I think this came up on a different forum now that you mention it. I still recommend jet-hot.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:25 pm

The search function on this forum is 100% useless
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:23 am

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

Much like most of the people myself included.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:06 am

Tech-line coatings has what your looking for also.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 am

brngrhd wrote:
2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

Much like most of the people myself included.

Zing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thermal-ceramic coating?   Thermal-ceramic coating? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thermal-ceramic coating?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: