Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headers yummmm :)

Go down 
+7
Mclovin23
Overboosting
MikeyT
Disgustang
t0nyb0l0gna91
Administrator
Rac3c4r
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Headers yummmm :) Empty
PostSubject: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 pm

These jus came in today Wink

Headers yummmm :) 00410
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

woot woot
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Pacesetters...NICE. That car is going to sound badass. How much of the work are you planning to do yourself? (or ourselves)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wistreetandtrack.com
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 pm

damn they look purrty
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Make sure you wrap those bitches because that black coating will pop right off after it has been heat cycled a couple times. I have a pace setter on the ***** and that's what happened.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:39 pm

looking good
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Well count me I'm game to help, as long as we are doing it from the comforts of inner heated garage or something like this and for the record let the pain begin!!
Mike
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Ive got header wrap but it'd be about enough to cover half of one.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:59 pm

I've never believed in header wrap, beucase it doesn't allow the heat to escape quick enough. My old 72 Road Runner had a set of old school hookers with header wraps and I blew a quarter sized whole in them at one spot. I've never blown up a set since. The only time I use it is for protecting my wires or something.

My two nickels!
Mike

Last edited by MikeyT on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 pm

Well im down to watch people more capable work on it Smile
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:02 pm

MikeyT wrote:
I've never believed in header wrap, beucase it doesn't allow the heat to escape quick enough. My old 72 Road Runner had a set of old school hookers with header wraps and I blue a quarter sized whole in them at one spot. I've never blown up a set since. The only time I use it is for protecting my wires or something.

My two nickels!
Mike

Well that's more than I know about it so I will take your nickels worth. I've never wrapped mine either.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Peter MS3 wrote:
MikeyT wrote:
I've never believed in header wrap, beucase it doesn't allow the heat to escape quick enough. My old 72 Road Runner had a set of old school hookers with header wraps and I blue a quarter sized whole in them at one spot. I've never blown up a set since. The only time I use it is for protecting my wires or something.

My two nickels!
Mike

Well that's more than I know about it so I will take your nickels worth. I've never wrapped mine either.

yup he is right plus if it gets wet it holds in water...... They will crack more often and get holes in them more often then with not wrapping..... the only thing that wrapping is goof for is a small amount of heat control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:18 pm

well no worries guys. All the motor work is done, we are just going to go over everything with all the torque specs and make sure everything is right (valves, cranck ect.)

Besides that the car is going to my fathers house to be worked on which is 80 miles away....if anyone wants to come give a hand, be my guest! Otherwise with a little hard work we'll pull the old motor and drop in the new one Very Happy Oh and get a tune...which...btw....who can I go to for that? I wanna go local, but I want it to be a pretty good job. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:19 pm

QuasarZ28 wrote:
well no worries guys. All the motor work is done, we are just going to go over everything with all the torque specs and make sure everything is right (valves, cranck ect.)

Besides that the car is going to my fathers house to be worked on which is 80 miles away....if anyone wants to come give a hand, be my guest! Otherwise with a little hard work we'll pull the old motor and drop in the new one Very Happy Oh and get a tune...which...btw....who can I go to for that? I wanna go local, but I want it to be a pretty good job. any ideas?

Termi and HP Tuner? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 pm

QuasarZ28 wrote:

Besides that the car is going to my fathers house to be worked on which is 80 miles away....if anyone wants to come give a hand, be my guest! Otherwise with a little hard work we'll pull the old motor and drop in the new one Headers yummmm :) Icon_biggrin Oh and get a tune...which...btw....who can I go to for that? I wanna go local, but I want it to be a pretty good job. any ideas?

Talk to 32vApe from the MCT forum. He owns a shop in Middleton, the guy is a genius Headers yummmm :) Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 am

quasarz28, what year is your car? i have hptuners software and might be able to tune it for u.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:46 am

94, OBDI
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:04 pm

yea, its gotta be obd2 for me to tune it. i would take it to speed inc. they specialize in GM's and are fairly close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:01 pm

^They dyno tuned my car. Great work.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 am

I had some ceramic coating done by classic coatings in sheboygan. I haven't used the manifold that they coated yet but it looks great. I have a jet hot coated turbo manifold on my car right now and it made an enormous difference in underhood temperatures.

Evan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:46 pm

If you want them coated HY-TEC coatings in Waukesha coated my longtubes for $200

http://www.hy-tecpowdercoating.com/

Headers yummmm :) Fastback009
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Looks like they did a nice job
Back to top Go down
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm

That's a pretty good deal...I think. I've never had it done before, but it sounds cheap haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:22 pm

ohhh nice...although for some reason chrome engine bays remind me of like classic cars, I think that would be alright. I guess anything would be better than rust Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:32 pm

QuasarZ28 wrote:
ohhh nice...although for some reason chrome engine bays remind me of like classic cars, I think that would be alright. I guess anything would be better than rust Wink
They have different coatings in different colors, mine being the most expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headers yummmm :)   Headers yummmm :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headers yummmm :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next