Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
Legit

Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?  Empty
PostSubject: Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?    Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:44 am

I do a lot of woodworking in my garage. My 240 is buried in MDF dust. I know its bad news to put on a dirty car cover or put a cover on a dirty car. That's no problem. I just want to be able to wash it, throw the cover over it and have it be at least somewhat clean when I want to drive it or work on it. Mostly just looking for a cheapie.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Evan
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?    Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:10 am

I would suggest just getting a big blue tarp from farm and fleet or harbor freight as it will do a better job of keep the dust out than a cheep car cover as the car covers that are good as keeping dust out are a bit more pricey. But if you have a real nice paint job spend the extra money and get a good dust car cover.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?    Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:52 am

Bod89lx wrote:
I would suggest just getting a big blue tarp from farm and fleet or harbor freight as it will do a better job of keep the dust out than a cheep car cover as the car covers that are good as keeping dust out are a bit more pricey. But if you have a real nice paint job spend the extra money and get a good dust car cover.

Point taken. I didn't know the cheap ones wouldn't help with dust. Sounds like I am better off to wait and get something better.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?    Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:10 am

Tarps don't breath and hold in moisture. Good for keeping dust and other crap off tho
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?    Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 pm

If you get a tarp, try to go to an army/navy store and find one off the large canvas tarps. Less likely to scratch the hell out of your paint.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?    Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm

At this point it makes more sense just to wash it frequently I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?    Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone suggest an inexpensive car cover?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: