Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New from Eau Claire Area

Go down 
+8
240sxguy
blown383z28
Petes71cam
Overboosting
Disgustang
2jz-U-Ltr
Mclovin23
laserj
12 posters
AuthorMessage
laserj

New from Eau Claire Area Empty
PostSubject: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Sup guys. I'm 26, from the Eau Claire area. I'm usually the jokester on the forums. I stay pretty busy, but I enjoy all sorts of racing. I usually autocross between Eau Claire and Eastern MN. I'm a member of CVSCC (Chippewa Valley Sports Car Club).

I enjoy building RC tricopters, photography, and of course cars. American Muscle, to Foreign.

Current ride is an clean/stock 04 SRT4. It's my "filler" car until I can afford something a little better. Previous ride was a 1G AWD DSM. Enjoy!

Past car:
New from Eau Claire Area IMG_0612

Current car:
New from Eau Claire Area 177716_10151228624634705_210025177_o

My tricopter:
New from Eau Claire Area DSC_1181_zps87d499a4

Some of my photography:

New from Eau Claire Area Df7ce6b

New from Eau Claire Area 073c826
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:04 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Welcome. How difficult/expensive is it to get a helicopter like that with a go pro to film races? That would be pimp.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
laserj

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:42 am

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:
Welcome. How difficult/expensive is it to get a helicopter like that with a go pro to film races? That would be pimp.

The initial build is kinda high, cause your buying your charger and radio system (assuming you don't own anything else RC)

I'd say you're looking at about $350 for your first tricopter or quadcopter, using a good equipment. The two our roughly same price. Tri has one less motor but you need a rear servo. Quad doesn't need a servo but you have a fourth motor. I build the body out of wood which was cheap. I made the pattern and had my coworker with cnc cut it up.

I have captured video and pictures with the tri. Not too much, since it's so freaking cold outside. Plus I need to edit videos, which I haven't gotten into.

My friend has a quadcopter with gps, and gps hold. It's nice. We thought long and hard about shooting video for a track, and I don't think we'll do it. We'd hate to have it fall on top of the track or a moving vehicle. We also don't want to put together a special event where drivers sign waivers if they want their vehicle recorded and know of the risks. Maybe with a GPS multicopter, that way you can choose a flight path that follows around the fence of a track or something. Then there is a risk of it falling on people.

Here's a sample, nothing fancy. I threw some music on there, corny, oh well. Better than listening to the hum of motors!

New from Eau Claire Area G0010030_zps984229bb-1

Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 am

^^^Holy shit!!! Coolest thing I've seen. But I disagree with the hum of the motors. Would of been way better. lol
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 am

Welcome.

and i think we need to see some videos of your hot neighbors changing in the window’s with that thing... screw the cars! LOL!
Back to top Go down
laserj

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:11 am

^Haha. Here's my first video, I basically go straight up and down. This was in Dec, so I was still getting used to controls. This is what it sounds like with the motors.

Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 am

Yes, that is exactly the kind of thing we need for filming street races. If that wouldn't be badass, nothing would.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Holy shit dude, that tricopter is badass.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Awesome, just plain awesome...lol
Back to top Go down
laserj

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks lol. If you guys are interested, I can make a multicopter build thread. It's a whole nother world out there for this stuff.

Guys fly in first person view, and where goggles. Some use GPS and plan out flying routes. Some have two men teams. One fly's the copter, while the other aims the camera gimbal. It's insane.

I'm just scratching the surface of it. I did a payload test on the tri. I can lift a 16oz can of coors light.
Back to top Go down
mdanielp

mdanielp

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:06 pm

cool copter, welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.genesisspeedshop.com
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:57 pm

laserj wrote:
Thanks lol. If you guys are interested, I can make a multicopter build thread. It's a whole nother world out there for this stuff.

Guys fly in first person view, and where goggles. Some use GPS and plan out flying routes. Some have two men teams. One fly's the copter, while the other aims the camera gimbal. It's insane.

I'm just scratching the surface of it. I did a payload test on the tri. I can lift a 16oz can of coors light.

That would be great to have for barbecues and other outdoor activities...lol
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Christ! how far is the signal range on those things
Back to top Go down
laserj

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:14 am

I haven't tested the range yet. It can fly further than what your eye can see! I get scared when I fly further out and it starts to get hard to see.

I ran a quick speed test and I was able to hit 40mph on a 3s battery. A 4s should allow it to maybe touch 50mph. I'm not confident enough to fly on a 4s battery yet.

I did start practicing flips and barrel rolls. Here's a quick video. No music ;-).

Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

Spy video of Peter's prototype copter test flight:

Smile
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 pm

hahaha
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 pm

hahahaha! That's great.
Back to top Go down
supersayianjim
Legit
supersayianjim

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 pm

freaking awesome!! welcome!!
Back to top Go down
kennyz
Legit
kennyz

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Man that guy really hated flying dildos lol hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 pm

One hell of a cock slap LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Eau Claire Area   New from Eau Claire Area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New from Eau Claire Area
Page 1 of 1