Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Minger

Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Empty
PostSubject: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 7:32 pm

So...when doing my race pipe a few years back, I may have done pretty much everything wrong. I didn't use anti-seize for the bolts, didn't use the stock spring bolts, and didn't exactly use gaskets.

Now I've got some stuck bolts and a leak that is freakin' loud, and my little electric impact wrench won't budge these at all. Would anyone be able to help with this? Will buy a 6 pack or something for your trouble
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Time to break out the welder and warm stuff up, pray to god it don't break off when cranking on it..
Mike
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Hummmm apparently, I like stinky fish now too?
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 pm

MikeyT wrote:
Hummmm apparently, I like stinky fish now too?

Lol, I dont know whos doing that.

But op your most likely gonna need a torch to solve your problems
Back to top Go down
Minger

PostSubject: Re: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeck. Hoping it doesn't have to come to that. About to give it a second go in the garage, PB Blaster and a wrench again...no leverage is no fun, especially when nuts are welded in.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Minger wrote:
Yeck. Hoping it doesn't have to come to that. About to give it a second go in the garage, PB Blaster and a wrench again...no leverage is no fun, especially when nuts are welded in.

I love it, when in doubt... I just blame JD!

Mike

PSSS, OP, yup welder
Back to top Go down
Minger

PostSubject: Re: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:27 pm

I don't have a welder...really wish I did though. Jealous of you guys that do though! Living in an apartment just sort of sucks in this regard
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Oh, I know the feeling about an apartment!!! I would suggest going over to speedy muffler on east wash... They are decent and won't throw you under the bus for something like this type of thing

Mikr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts   Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhausts are stupid - Seized bolts
Page 1 of 1