Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shop to have exhaust re-done?

Go down 
+4
Johnnybravo
2jz-U-Ltr
HoosierDaddy
XSFTLBS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Shop to have exhaust re-done? Empty
PostSubject: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:11 am

Looking to put a new exhaust under the Camaro. Something a bit more moveable/less patched the fuck together. I just need a intermediate pipe and an over the axle pipe mocked up and mounted. I have a different muffler to go with it all. Any reccomendations on a shop? Remember, I have no cats, and the tubing needs to be 3".
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:52 pm

We take everything to exhaust pros
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:20 pm

^ +1
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Exhaust pros on Monona?

Yeah.  I went there to replace the pair of mufflers and tailpipes on the t-bird(factory) at onne point with a pair of Dynomax ultra-flows and a pair of Mustang GT tailpipes.  Very easy job.  I even had part numbers wrote down, to make it easy on the shop.  When I got there, the old man decided to get an attitude with me right away, and argure that there was no way in hell my 4Cyl t-bird had dual exhaust.  It took me bringing him out in the parking lot to show him before he belived me.  The then said "well thats pretty stupid".   I told him if he thought it was stupid, he needed to talk to ford.  At this point I was ready to walk out, but I kept calm and gave him my list of parts.   He looks at me like I'm stupid, and says "why do all of you kids want loud exhausts?  You guys sound like idiots racing up and down east washington."  I had enough at that point.  I was not a fucking kid, I knew what I wanted, and to top it off, he said "well, its going to cost you roughly 600 bucks to do the exhaust like that."   Cocksucker didnt even look at a book or in the computer.  The old man's attitude is why I will NEVER go back.  The guy is an asshole.

And Speedy is out of the question.  The last time I had exhaust done there, they mounted tailpipes so tight to the axle that they wore holes through the pipes and a flat prostate exam on the axle tubes, they fucked up a brand new set of Flowmasters by expanding the muffler side WAY too big annd filling it with birdshit weld to seal it, and they had the BALLS to CUT my factory rubber hangers and claim they were like that when I brought the car in.   When one of the tailpipes fell off less than a year later, I called them up asking what the hell.  They decided to say that they wouldnt cover the shitty instal, and i'd have to pay to get it fixed.   They are fucking lucky I didnt throw that tailpipe through their window. OH. And those motherfuckers have been known to use cheap ass aluminized fence post as "exhaust". They tried it on me, and I've seen way too many other cars they've fucked up.

(sorry about the rant)

The only decent exhaust shop i've found in the area is Harolds in Fort Atkinson, but unfortunately since my car does not have cats, they cant work on it (understandable)
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Well then buy a welder
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:26 pm

LOL you should see me weld. Intermittant burn holes and gobs of weld... MABEY the two pieces fit together. LOL
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Any other places than those two that you would reccomend?  Both of those shops have burned their bridges with me.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:35 pm

The old man is definitely a world class cock head. However, his son that will be doing the actual work is one of the best welders/fabricators I've ever seen. His work is worth dealing with the old dick. Just treat him like a human joke and it won't bother you too much.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:40 pm

I guess I'm willing to try them again, and attempt to ignore what the old man says if the son is as good as you say. Thanks Peter.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:20 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:
The old man is definitely a world class cock head.  However, his son that will be doing the actual work is one of the best welders/fabricators I've ever seen.  His work is worth dealing with the old dick.  Just treat him like a human joke and it won't bother you too much.
This.   The old man is definitely a " take no shit old school guy".  But Corey  Is very good and meticulous.

Also, keep in mind. The old man has to deal with kids/ people with shit boxes that bring in crappy used parts and want work done for next to nothing. Although its not right for him to get an attitude, I understand it.
Back to top Go down
Johnnybravo

Johnnybravo

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 7:30 pm

ive also had that guy be a real prick to me as well. never had any work done due to that very reason. but it may be worth it(like peter said) if the work is very good.
Back to top Go down
mdanielp

mdanielp

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Kevin, give me a call and I will hook you up over at Exhaust Pros. As JD said, he's old school but they are good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genesisspeedshop.com
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:47 am

Haha sweet. Trans is at the builder as of tomorrow btw, and the converter was sent out on wed. Should have everything back soon!
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:38 am

exhaust amateurs... no thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Hillrod

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:09 pm

I second the fact that the old guy at Exhaust Pro's is a dick. I went in there last spring to inquire about having long tubes and true dual ran under my Third Gen, after being told by multiple people they will do anything. Told me it could not be done at all. I walked out.
Back to top Go down
laner21
Legit
laner21

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Those are that old guys famous words. Countless times i have herd either "it cant be done" or "its impossible" lol on things that are very easy. But i will say that corey is extremely good at what he does and is a very nice guy. Talk and ask about his new 5.0 and youre golden haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop to have exhaust re-done?   Shop to have exhaust re-done? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shop to have exhaust re-done?
Page 1 of 1