Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think I should do here....?

Go down 
+3
dcvickers
Rac3c4r
XSFTLBS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

What do you think I should do here....? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:44 pm

SO, as most of you know, iv'e had my car "tuned" at LMT a couple of times now. The tune is NOT right in the slightest, it surges like crazy going down the road, at highway speeds and light throttle.

Now, LMT says that they used HP Tuners to tune my car. They have stated this on multiple occasions. I found this suspicious since I thought HP Tuners was pretty much all OBD2 stuff...... People over on LS1 tech are agreeing with me. The first tune was for the converter, the second tune was for after i had the heads put on. Obviously something is STILL not right. What should I do here? I'm going to ask to speak to the tuner over the phone tonight and ask him again what was used to tune my car, and what parameters were changed.

#1. Can HP Tuners be used to tune a 1994 OBD1 GM PCM?

#2. If not... how should I handle this? I was less than impressed with the quality of their work when the put my heads on... It was sloppy and rushed. Vac lines disconnected, my ACT pigtail was crushed behind the alternator, the ECT plug was plugged into the ACT sensor, grey RTV EVERYWHERE, 6 out of 8 valve cover bolts were loose and leaking oil, my Plug wires were ALL touching the headers,l exhaust pipes hit the body in multiple locations...... A general clusterfuck from day one.

What would you do?
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Well here's the support list right from HPTuners...

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Hmm.  Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:54 pm

I talked to LMT again, and the tuner told me himself that they used TunerCats. Which is correct. Apparently the office staff doesn't know what they are talking about. So they used the correct program, but the tune still isn't right. I'll update when i find out more.
Back to top Go down
dcvickers
Legit
dcvickers

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm

When did you get it tuned? The guy who used to tune everything for them left a few months ago and now works at west bend. He told me that he tried to teach them how to tune before he left, but who knows how well that went.

As for the quality, I think they're just swamped (probably because their tuner left). I tried getting a hold of them a few months ago to tune my Viper and it took them weeks to even reply (email and FB) and when they did they wanted to keep my car for who knows how long just to tune it (it only had headers and intake).
Back to top Go down
Thunderballs
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Did you have them do a driveability tune? Or just a WOT/power tune for the changes you made.

2 completely different things.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:56 pm

It was supposed to be a driveability tune. I specified what it was doing, and what i wanted fixed. Ive brought the car in twice, and its still off. I made sure I told them that i didnt care if it made every last hp it could, as long as i could jump in it and drive it without issue. They told me no problem. I even went as far as to specify my driving habits.....
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:58 pm

And when I drop the kind of money I did to get the heads put on, *swamped* is not in my vocabulary. I dont really care if it took a while to complete, as long as it was done right the first time. I didnt get that for sure.
Back to top Go down
Thunderballs
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 7:06 pm

if you specified a driveability tune then I would make sure they make it right.
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 7:44 pm

I would go to West Bend and get it done right. My experience has taught me that if its wrong and they are giving you excuses, it's because they can't do it right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
dcvickers
Legit
dcvickers

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 pm

saucemaxx wrote:
I would go to West Bend and get it done right. My experience has taught me that if its wrong and they are giving you excuses, it's because they can't do it right.
Agreed. West Bend isn't that much further and their prices are comparable to LMT's.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:38 am

Go elsewhere, I have heard great things about WBD.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:25 am

^ thanks for the feedback. WBD has been reccomended to me by many here, I'll be setting up an appointment with them.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:43 am

If you plan on going to West Bend Dyno, you better make that call. They are crazy busy. My car is up there now. Great guys, very helpful and courteous. They actually appreciate your business, which seems that not many tuners give a shit about anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I should do here....?   What do you think I should do here....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think I should do here....?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: