Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going Out Of Business

Go down 
+11
WWevoX
STiedVR4Guy
Bod89lx
Fuckin Schiller!!
Disgustang
XSFTLBS
HoosierDaddy
blown383z28
Overboosting
MikeyT
2jz-U-Ltr
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Going Out Of Business Empty
PostSubject: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Given the way things went all this summer, I think this place has finally served any purpose it was ever meant to serve and it's time it be shut down.

Much like 1320, MSC and othe sites before it, it's become nothing but the same 8-10 people posting and constantly hating each other. There is no growth, no meets and no real change in the future for this place.

In January when the site is up for renewal I will be letting it expire and no longer maintaining it. Everyone knows where to go if they want to race, having this forum stay up only gives everyone a place to shit talk and hate each other which is the complete opposite of it's point when we put it together almost 4 years ago.

The "hardcore racers only" mentality that has permeated this site is no different than the "autocross only" mentality that I hated about MSC and the reason Tim and I started building alternatives for it in the first place.

At this point I just don't see any value that this adds to an already dead car scene.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:24 pm

I am sad
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:36 pm

MikeyT wrote:
I am sad
Don't be, there will be a new site up in a matter of days I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Sure, but even if I am nostalgic... This site brings back memories both good and some bad, just taking it in

Mike
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm

OMG OMG I gotta post this on 1320 NOW!! You guys are so pathetic
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Maybe it s just me but I finally thought things were heading in a good direction. Its personal vendetas that are hurting the site I think
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Dat_Boost wrote:
Maybe it s just me but I finally thought things were heading in a good direction. Its personal vendetas that are hurting the site I think
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:07 pm

I agree. We've addressed it 100 times and it will keep continuing forever
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:07 pm

blown383z28 wrote:
Dat_Boost wrote:
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:08 pm

JD you're one of the worst people that do this. I fully expect you to agree.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:10 pm

In the past I've been caught up in unproductive nonsense. This year? Not the case
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm

At least you finally get your way.  You like to see people fail.

Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:14 pm

So when Cletus mentioned putting a limit on weather and you changed your avatar, signature, signature picture and made posts in 4 different threads that were loosely tied to the topic all for the sole purpose of starting shit; I just imagined it?  I know he was being ignorant too, absolutely.  But that is the kind of shit that just drags every thread and eventually this whole place to the ground.  

This isn't just about you though, it's the way it's been with dozens of people since day one myself included.  I always let myself get drug into the bullshit with the intention of trying to fix shit on here but it never goes that way.

Last edited by 2jz-U-Ltr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm not denying that. I did make a couple comments, mostly to " lighten people up ". It is what it is
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:22 pm

hoosier_daddy wrote:
At least you finally get your way.  You like to see people fail.

I fail to see how either of these relate to me.  You clearly have something you want to say here so just say it.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:30 pm

I've said it all.

There's no point for me to reply to this topic anymore
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Well that was completely unproductive and pointless as usual.

If you had a point I'd stop and think about it and wonder if you're right. That's how normal people discuss things. Instead you might as well have yelled "You're farts stink!!" and run away.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Dat_Boost wrote:
I think you're the only one really interested in doing something with this and you've done a lot this summer for sure. You should definitely take the logos and name and all that shit and do something with it. I'm no longer interested in dealing with the headaches.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:34 pm

I know that I haven't been around much because I'm busy sorting out my car. Shit happens, and i can't get to meets as often as I'd like. You told me a long time ago to ignore the bullshit and just do what I need to do. I've done that, and stayed out of a lot of shit, especially this year.

If someone wants to be a jackass, let them. They only hurt themselves. (Not pointing any fingers, just a general statement) That being said, I haven't really seen anything taken too far, or people getting to butthurt about the shit talking that occurs from time to time.

If its shit you no longer want to deal with, I can understand that. Let the site and everything pass on to someone who has the time to deal with it. What I never understood is why you would go through this, and NOT just shut it the hell down immediately. If its as bad as you say, Fuck it. If its not, and you are somehow looking for feedback, or.... whatever, keep it open, sell it, whatever.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Well I think shutting it down immediately would be a dick move to all the good people that visit this place everyday. I'm just giving a heads up that when it expires in Jan I won't be renewing it. If someone wants to take the logos and names and build something new or start over from scratch then great.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:54 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:
Dat_Boost wrote:
I think you're the only one really interested in doing something with this and you've done a lot this summer for sure.  You should definitely take the logos and name and all that shit and do something with it.  I'm no longer interested in dealing with the headaches.
Alright, like I said I think things improved this year as far as racing goes but the constant pickering does get annoying. But its a forum and everyone has their opinions so it can be hard to get out all the bullshit. Maybe blackout will give me the rights to the forum he made LOL
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 pm

BWAHAHA

I completely forgot about that !
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Why can't someone just take this one over rather then start new?

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:14 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:
Well that was completely unproductive and pointless as usual.

If you had a point I'd stop and think about it and wonder if you're right.  That's how normal people discuss things.  Instead you might as well have yelled "You're farts stink!!" and run away.  

Anyone else?
Yes,  

Pete,

This site has come along way and while we have not always saw eye to eye.  We have always agreed to disagree on stuff... Earlier this year, we raced the chally verses the road runner... No bitching or call outs, just going home... It was a blast!  We both laughed and waved and went home...

Dude, that literally was the last time I saw you...  Now, I know we lead busy lives but  after you moved, it felt like you threw a whole shit load of people out of your life.  Now granted we don't al have to get along, but on some level this site has always been about people!  Now on one hand how can you condemn people for being jerks to each other while throwing people out of your life too and then saying it fails?

Again the blame isn't on just you, but rather us as a whole... When this site was growing, every week we had a meet, even if it was to eat pie... We saw each other, had a good time... BONDED as a group, now all I know of half the people is some stupid avatar.. I mean it floors me to see you fight with JD, you guys always got along.  However, I don't know why but somewhere the communication with you both broke down and  I believe it had to do with us not meeting anymore.
So, this being said... If people want this site to succeed, we need to stop isolating and start hanging out, also... Not to be cumbya but give each a break and benefit of the doubt

Sorry, thanks for listening

Mike
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:45 pm

I'd be happy to buy the site from you if that would be an acceptable way out for you. But I think it sucks to have to start from scratch. I come on here and watch people talk shit and it amuses me because I don't really expect much more from it anyway. I think Logan does a good job running things and trying to promote it and I would hate to see that all go to waste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going Out Of Business   Going Out Of Business Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going Out Of Business
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next