Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WEST BEND DYNO

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:12 pm

In the past I know I have told some people to go to west bend dyno to get there car tuned. Well, I based that off of other peoples experience with their non boosted LS1 cars. NEVER AGAIN!!!!! Brought the Nova there earlier this year and they totally f*#ked it up. They washed the cylinders and glazed the rings, got the car so fricken hot it literally melted the valve seals and 3 of the 8 spark plug wires. Melted almost every wiring harness under the engine compartment and YES, they charged me through the nose to fix there f*#kup. And not to mention backfired it so many times they blew out the intake gasket. Welded on the exhaust without disconnecting the battery or MSD box, so now the MSD box is junk. And they had it 7 weeks and charged me 2900 bucks after I told them my budget was 1500 max. They claim they were never told this and everything got melted because of radiant heat under the hood because there is no airflow on the dyno. And yes, it blows blue smoke like a mother out the exhaust. So to make a long story short, DO NOT take anything to west bend dyno!!!
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Holy shit! Sorry to hear that Jeff. Do you know who the tuner was, specifically?
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:27 pm

There was 2 different tuners involved, cant think of there names. They won't refund a dime and they said they will retune the car for free. I told them you must be joking.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:29 pm

I'd lawyer up honestly. Find out who the tuners were please if you can. Lots of those guys jump from shop to shop and it's good to know who the bad apples are. Once again, I'm sorry to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm

The ones name was Murray and the other may have been Travis? I know Brian had his claws in it too. I also found out the owner Brad is an extreme hothead and becomes very unprofessional when you start pointing fingers.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Once again sorry Jeff Sad
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 1:02 am

Jeez sorry to hear man, and thats why ill never trust anyone to work on my car.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:59 am

Dat_Boost wrote:
Jeez sorry to hear man, and thats why ill never trust anyone to work on my car.

Yes!! And I usually NEVER let anyone work on my cars, but because of it being a boosted car and me never owning one before I didn't think learning to tune on this car would be a good idea. I don't think I could of fucked it up any worse.
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Wow Jeff sorry to hear that! I was 50/50 on that shop. I went there one day with Casey (93 maroun camaro) to drop off the car after the first time I built it. The owner "Jeff" was kind of rude at first. I told him I had my own shop and he got a little pissy with me.. I asked if I could help out on the tunning (help if we had mechanical problems more than anything) he got a little more pissy and said no. No one is in by the dyno. Well come to find out ive seen/heard of alot of guys right back there now when they r tunning.. and when we got Casey's car back it was all over the place with power.. think it was something to do with the knock sensor sensitivity... anyway I think u made my mind up. Lol
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Is there 2 owners? Because I know Brad is one of them and he is a complete dick.
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:26 pm

As far as I no there are 2owners... I thought it was Jeff and brad. More I think about it I think it was brad we where talking to.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:22 am

Just my 2 cents....

LMT screwed up my tune completely. I brought it out to WBD, and they did a good job IMHO. The only issue was that I was running into stall wall (wont up shift at WOT, 1st to 2nd), and they were more than happy to take it back in for the small adjustment it needs. My car went from a complete pain in the ass to drive on the highway to butter smooth. Plus it made a ton more torque and more HP than at LMT.

Sorry to hear your car got screwed up....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WEST BEND DYNO Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEST BEND DYNO   WEST BEND DYNO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WEST BEND DYNO
Page 1 of 1