Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheese Freeze Competition Rally

Go down 
AuthorMessage
73firebirddriver

73firebirddriver

Cheese Freeze Competition Rally Empty
PostSubject: Cheese Freeze Competition Rally   Cheese Freeze Competition Rally Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:39 pm

There will be snow, there will be back roads, and it will be dark. Mark your calendars for the first annual, Cheese Freeze time-speed-distance road rally put on by Wisconsin non-profit, Cheese Wheel Inc. Benefiting the ALS Association and the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, this one-day rally is set to take place Saturday, February 1, 2014.

Bring out your ride and join in on the fun! If you've never done a time-speed-distance rally, this is your chance. If you've already had the joy of participating in an adrenaline-filled TSD rally, try out this snow-filled night time event.

What is a TSD rally? “Regularity rallying, also known as TSD rallying (Time Speed Distance), is a form of motor sport usually conducted on public roads but sometimes including off-road and track sections. The object of these rallies is to maintain precise times and precise average speeds on various segments of a predefined route. Each team usually consists of an amateur driver and navigator. Teams usually start a regularity rally at fixed intervals creating a field that is spread along the route.” Thanks Wikipedia.

Where is it? The launch location will be 45 Hillman Road, Lake Delton, WI 53940. There will be three to four timed stages taking you through some of the best driving roads in scenic, rural West/Southwestern Wisconsin.

When is it? Saturday, February 1, 2014. Check-in at 12:00pm, first car off the line at 3:30pm, and the rally wraps up at 9:00pm with awards to follow. Yes this will be a night-time driving event.

How much does it cost? Is it expensive? Nope! $50 total ($25 per car registration + a $25 pledge/donation to the two benefiting charities))

Can I bring a navigator or co-driver? Absolutely! Recruit your best friend, sibling, significant other or even just go solo for more of a challenge!

What kind of vehicles are welcome? Anything with wheels and an engine! It could be a Ural motorcycle, a rear-wheel-drive sports car, your daily driver or an off-road, snow-slayer 4×4 beast.

How do I sign up? Find the event on facebook, register by email at cheesewheelinc@gmail.com or learn more on their website.

I’ll see you there!
Back to top Go down

Cheese Freeze Competition Rally
Page 1 of 1