Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

not happy...UPDATE

Go down 
+6
LLcoolJames
Mclovin23
overblown
roguestatus
STiedVR4Guy
OJDAJUICEMAN
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:06 am

so i pull my trans today to do a rebuild of what i think is just the second and third gear synchro/blocker rings and was pleasantly surprised when i saw both speed gears were all chewed up. the teeth were chipped and rounded off, yay. so of course i now have to order those tomorrow for another $170 on top of spending too much already. then for shits and giggles i decide to remove my 33,000 mile stock clutch for a look. it recently started getting hot during races and smelling, but still holding. yea its junk lol. i had maybe a couple weeks left on it. so i had to pull the trigger on a Fidanza alum flywheel and a ram powergrip clutch with new oem slave cylinder. all the new stuff is only costing me $1100 of which i didnt want to spend. and thats on top of the $640 i spent on brakes last week. this car better not break for a long time lol.

Last edited by 3vs197 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:45 am

I'd like to ride in the car with a lightweight flywheel, I hear different things. How many lbs is it compared to stock?
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:23 am

the one im buying is 12lbs and the stock one is 24-25 i believe so its a good bit lighter.
Back to top Go down

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:41 am

Yeah the stock FW on my car is 30 lbs... when I do a clutch I am going with either a 21 lb FW or a 14 lb FW. I have driven cars with light flywheels and the response is definitely noticeable.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:52 am

3vs197 wrote:
so i pull my trans today to do a rebuild of what i think is just the second and third gear synchro/blocker rings and was pleasantly surprised when i saw both speed gears were all chewed up. the teeth were chipped and rounded off, yay. so of course i now have to order those tomorrow for another $170 on top of spending too much already. then for shits and giggles i decide to remove my 33,000 mile stock clutch for a look. it recently started getting hot during races and smelling, but still holding. yea its junk lol. i had maybe a couple weeks left on it. so i had to pull the trigger on a Fidanza alum flywheel and a ram powergrip clutch with new oem slave cylinder. all the new stuff is only costing me $1100 of which i didnt want to spend. and thats on top of the $640 i spent on brakes last week. this car better not break for a long time lol.

If that's what you found inside your trans, I don't even think I want to look in mine....... What made you decide to open it up?
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am

roguestatus wrote:
3vs197 wrote:
so i pull my trans today to do a rebuild of what i think is just the second and third gear synchro/blocker rings

....... What made you decide to open it up?

not happy...UPDATE Readin10
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:58 am

overblown wrote:

Bahahaha
Back to top Go down

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 pm

overblown wrote:
roguestatus wrote:
3vs197 wrote:
so i pull my trans today to do a rebuild of what i think is just the second and third gear synchro/blocker rings

And the win goes to you with the LeVar Burton thread jack!!!

I always preffered him on Star Trek:
not happy...UPDATE Geordi10
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:22 pm

that sucks dude. hopefully you get that job to gets some funds in your account
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:25 pm

You should just ask charlie for another raise.
Back to top Go down

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:17 pm

moparkid wrote:
overblown wrote:
roguestatus wrote:
3vs197 wrote:

And the win goes to you with the LeVar Burton thread jack!!!

I always preffered him on Star Trek:
not happy...UPDATE Geordi10

I enjoyed his epic roll in Roots myself.

not happy...UPDATE Kuntas10

And Roots 2!

not happy...UPDATE Kunta-10
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:29 pm

hahahaha. Kuntas revenge. classic. lol
Back to top Go down

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:36 pm

dang man, that sucks but sounds like it gonna be a sweet setup when its done. These things prolly wouldnt happen if you werent wide open...all the time...everywhere you go...no matter what and for no reason. lol
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:09 pm

38394Z28 wrote:
These things prolly wouldnt happen if you werent wide open...all the time...everywhere you go...no matter what and for no reason. lol

that's just how mustangs roll dude. it's not him doing it, it's the car.
Back to top Go down
Srauls
Legit
Srauls

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Damn thats shitty man hopefully this solves all ur problems. Im sure you'll be very happy with the lightweight flywheel. I went from about a 40lb to 11.5lb fly in my car and couldn't be happier with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/srauls
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Sorry, Tye that sucks! Yet on the bright side, if that monster performs like it did on Saturday night with a burnt clutch and chewed up synchros, then damn! I went home after that ride and thought fuck who needs roller coasters!

Mike
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:56 pm

lol glad i could help mikey. and i decided to open it up due to the curnching while shifting into second and occasionally third. usually the synchros just get messed up (they are brass, so they are designed to be softer than the gears so they fail first) but this time the gears got hurt. trans should last a few summers after the rebuild. now i just have to get rid of my 46lb driveshaft lol.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 pm

3vs197 wrote:
lol glad i could help mikey. and i decided to open it up due to the curnching while shifting into second and occasionally third. usually the synchros just get messed up (they are brass, so they are designed to be softer than the gears so they fail first) but this time the gears got hurt. trans should last a few summers after the rebuild. now i just have to get rid of my 46lb driveshaft lol.

Gotcha. If it were just synchros would it be hard to replace em? I only ask because I've got a crunchy 2nd and a grind going into 3rd when its above 4k or so..... No
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:42 pm

well, its not "hard" per say but its very time consuming. getting the trans out took less than an hour but we had to split the trans at the front and rear sections, and pretty much every gear needs to be pressed off. there are literally hundreds of parts that need to come of. just make sure u remember how it all goes back on.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 pm

3vs197 wrote:
well, its not "hard" per say but its very time consuming. getting the trans out took less than an hour but we had to split the trans at the front and rear sections, and pretty much every gear needs to be pressed off. there are literally hundreds of parts that need to come of. just make sure u remember how it all goes back on.

Ya, I'll prolly won't do anything bout my issue until I absolutely need to.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 pm

its much easier to just buy a used trans or a better one. it might cost a little bit more but its much easier and way less of a hassle. unless u have a place to do it and a lot of mechanical know how, just get a used one.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:35 am

well got the trans done tonight. seems to be work like it should. we will find out tomorrow when the trans/clutch/flywheel go in the car. ill keep u guys updated.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 pm

what time you heading over to the shop tonight?
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:10 pm

6:30, how did your car go? what time did u guys get out of there?
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:19 pm

it went good i would say,not really any snags. we got out LATE or or early i should say. i still hve some other stuff to do but i'll prolly come over again tonight. i owe matt some funds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

not happy...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy...UPDATE   not happy...UPDATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

not happy...UPDATE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next