Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
Legit

Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance   Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:22 am

Nate helped me get my car sorted on his dyno yesterday night. Very patient, and I can't thank him enough for the help. I gotta go back again at some point but we got all the mechanical problems fixed. Turns out you have to plug the unused holes in the wastegate when you aren't using them! Who knew? lol

Anyway, the car really isn't "tuned" honestly. We got the a/f pretty damn solid then all of the sudden I either fat fingered the laptop or something because I lost a BUNCH of changes we had made. The good news is that the second go-round we got the air/fuel roughed in fairly quickly. I am running hardly anything for timing right now (literally, less than stock). We only tuned to 6k because it was getting kind of late when all the information got dumped.

The holset HX35 is a great turbo, it outspooled my t3/t04e by a large margin. Feels nice on the street.

I have a dyno chart from when nobody was watching or paying attention to the boost and my W/G wasn't working. 420 ft/lbs at 4300 RPM. Thank god it blew out spark, that would have been a life ending pull! lmao.

End result, because I know its killing you was.. 286/288. Lots more power in there with a bit more boost, appropriately dialed in timing and me not letting the laptop lose all the data. There were pulls before that in which I made more power.

Thanks again Nate.

Evan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance   Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:48 pm

what kind of dyno do they have?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance   Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Mustang.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance   Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:22 pm

yea that was a pleasant suprise seeing your car on the dyno when we got there.
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance   Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:26 pm

i hope it is done soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance   Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:01 am

no prob evan. like i tell everyone that asks about dyno time/cost, the dyno is here to be used so when shit doesnt go right im the first one to say dont worry about it. i have nothin but time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance   Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Nate @ MWH or Capital city Performance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: