Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interior

Go down 
+2
2jz-U-Ltr
STiedVR4Guy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Does anyone know of anyone in Madison that does interior? I would like to get my seats reupholstered. I would most likely just get the material pre-fitted from a site, all I would need done is the work.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Mikey T got good work done at a shop down by the East Side DMV. I will let him answer cause I don;t remember the name of the place.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:17 pm

It was A1 upholstry off over by the DMV. I went looking for info on craigslist, and couldn't find it. Good place, the guy worked his ass off for me too. I could show you where its at i just don't have the phone number handy.

Mike
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:24 pm

MikeyT wrote:
It was A1 upholstry off over by the DMV. I went looking for info on craigslist, and couldn't find it. Good place, the guy worked his ass off for me too. I could show you where its at i just don't have the phone number handy.

Mike

Sounds great, I don't know about doing the full interior maybe just the 2 front seats for starters. Do you have a little bit of a price quote?
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:59 pm

you know for me it was just carpet so 150 for the amount of time he put in was well worth it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:43 pm

150 damn man that is cheap.... I am having my carpet done but that is front to back door to door custom cut tyoe stuff for 250 from jim's over off CV.... he said to redo the seats making the covers and all was going to be about 500 for the pair.... if you have the covers already why not do it yourself? I have had many many seats apart and would be willing ot help.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Why the reupholster guy? Going with a different color? You should prolly just get some Status racing seats Wink

Interior Laguna_3q_large
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Idk I might go that route instead to lose some weight. I'd have to sit in one to make sure I like them first. Might see if I can pic up some evo seats as another option.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:16 pm

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
Idk I might go that route instead to lose some weight. I'd have to sit in one to make sure I like them first. Might see if I can pic up some evo seats as another option.

Shocked........Interior Stfu

srsly?

haha jk Presty do what you think would be besty.....

wow I hate myself Interior Emo
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:09 pm

roguestatus wrote:
STiedVR4Guy wrote:

Shocked........Interior Stfu

srsly?

haha jk Presty do what you think would be besty.....

wow I hate myself Interior Emo

What? lol

Their mitsubishi so I assume they can fit w/o to much hassle and they hug you nicely (no homo) I like the current seats in the car because they fit you're back and sides and have a whole bunch of adjustments. to racing seats is really the only other option. I'm a small dude so I don't necessarily fill out seats to well.

The ones in my STi for instance do not fit me one bit and they are not comfortable in any way shape or form compared to my VR-4 Seats.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Hahaha I don't know what I was really thinking at the time. Anyways, ya Evo seats into the STi has been done before and it seems pretty easy.

I get, you're just looking for something more comfy and tighter fitting.

I think its always nice to break in a brand new tight fitting errr....seat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:58 pm

roguestatus wrote:
Hahaha I don't know what I was really thinking at the time. Anyways, ya Evo seats into the STi has been done before and it seems pretty easy.

I think its always nice to break in a brand new tight fitting errr....seat Very Happy

These seats will be for the VR-4 so the only advantage of a different seat would be weight, the ones in there right now are great but I can imagine the drivers side one with like 5 electric adjustments being light weight.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:08 pm

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
roguestatus wrote:

These seats will be for the VR-4 so the only advantage of a different seat would be weight, the ones in there right now are great but I can imagine the drivers side one with like 5 electric adjustments being light weight.

Wow dude I'm am a ratard. I thought you were changing seats in the STi.........Interior Oops
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

roguestatus wrote:
STiedVR4Guy wrote:
roguestatus wrote:

Wow dude I'm am a ratard. I thought you were changing seats in the STi.........Interior Oops

Yea I am going to do my best to spend the least amount of money possible on that car and get rid of it asap.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:22 pm

[quote="STiedVR4Guy"]
roguestatus wrote:

Yea I am going to do my best to spend the least amount of money possible on that car and get rid of it asap.

I'm sorry to hear that.....

Straight up trade ya the RSX Suspect

More on topic though:

I bet those VR-4 seats each weigh like 70 lbs. lol.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear that..... - I'm not, fuck these cars never again. They're fun when they run good and you have plenty of money to throw at an endless supply of engines.

Straight up trade ya the RSX Suspect - no

More on topic though:

I bet those VR-4 seats each weigh like 70 lbs. lol. - Drivers side, likely (possibly more) passenger probably a bit lighter as its all mechanical.

Drivers side has lumbar support/sides/up|down in the front and back of the seat, and the forward and backwards, all of which are electric.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:05 pm

looked it up on google they said driver was like 80 and the passenger was like 40.
STiedVR4Guy wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that..... - I'm not, fuck these cars never again. They're fun when they run good and you have plenty of money to throw at an endless supply of engines.

More on topic though:

I bet those VR-4 seats each weigh like 70 lbs. lol. - Drivers side, likely (possibly more) passenger probably a bit lighter as its all mechanical.

Drivers side has lumbar support/sides/up|down in the front and back of the seat, and the forward and backwards, all of which are electric.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:23 pm

No on the trade...... Shocked jk was expecting that

And dam 80lbs driver seat! Haha Almost out weighs Preston Razz
Back to top Go down

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:27 pm

STiedVR4Guy wrote:

More on topic though:

so what happened? Question

sounds crazy to me when an owner calls a Subaru unreliable when they own a VR-4 too lol

If you find a local shop that sells racing seats, let me know. Try before buying ftw. I might replace my stockers with light-weight racing units and run a harness too
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:47 pm

th3franz wrote:
STiedVR4Guy wrote:

More on topic though:

so what happened? Question

sounds crazy to me when an owner calls a Subaru unreliable when they own a VR-4 too lol

If you find a local shop that sells racing seats, let me know. Try before buying ftw. I might replace my stockers with light-weight racing units and run a harness too

Nothing happened... yet.

I just like the idea of making more power easily and not having to rebuild the engine every 20k miles.

The VR-4 has 20k more miles on it than matts STi and I assume WAYYY more than the other 2 that poped. They are plenty reliable you just shouldn't dent the oil pan so they don't spin rod bearings Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interior   Interior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interior
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: