Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Found the source of the noise in my WRX

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
Legit

Found the source of the noise in my WRX Empty
PostSubject: Found the source of the noise in my WRX   Found the source of the noise in my WRX Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Got the motor stripped down totally today. I am getting too good at working on this car. 4 hours to go from motor in car to entirely broken down. I didn't take pictures but basically here is the deal. Rumor was this motor has been run with no oil feed line hooked up to the turbo. Makes perfect sense. All the bearing plating was gone. Thank god I stopped driving it, it was going to be spinning a bearing REAL soon. I pulled the rod caps and the bearing just fell out on the floor. The bearings wouldn't even fit back in the bearing caps. Mains were scored up too.

I am going to poke new OEM pistons, rings and maybe new rods. Obviously all new bearings. Ill clean out the oil pump and reuse the oil cooler that I had purchased new 2k miles ago.

Anyway, block and crank are going to the machine shop tomorrow. Ill get bearings ordered after they polish the crank and order pistons after I mic the bores.

Should run like a dream when I get done.

No pictures guys, sorry.. no time for that shit. I always think to take photos after I am done.

Evan
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Found the source of the noise in my WRX   Found the source of the noise in my WRX Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Nice work, hopefully mine will be gone friday and I will never have to deal with this!
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Found the source of the noise in my WRX   Found the source of the noise in my WRX Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:03 pm

Preston, you sold the car? That is the best mod you can do to a subaru... a for sale sign.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Found the source of the noise in my WRX   Found the source of the noise in my WRX Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Not yet... we'll see, showing it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found the source of the noise in my WRX   Found the source of the noise in my WRX Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:44 am

which machine shop is doing the work? bummer about the bearing.. what replacements will you get?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Found the source of the noise in my WRX   Found the source of the noise in my WRX Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:14 am

ACL race bearings are backordered for the mains from what I hear. Ill be honest, I don't know which mains I am going to use. Probabally the calico coated ones. Ill pay extra just to get this thing back together.

Ill have weaver auto parts polish the crank and hone the cylinders. I was real happy with the work they did for me in the past.

Evan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found the source of the noise in my WRX   Found the source of the noise in my WRX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found the source of the noise in my WRX
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: