Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Byron Dragway

Go down 
+6
Mclovin23
PoZeR
OJDAJUICEMAN
MikeyT
roguestatus
STiedVR4Guy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:36 am

Went Saturday with Tye, Matt, Matt, Terminator (Dwight) and Yuri(?).

Ran a 14.1 @ 97 (1.8s 60ft) as my best time of the day.

Tye has some more video's to post up I assume they'll be on later.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:18 am

Not too bad Preston. So I take the showing didn't end with a sale. Looks like it was some good weather.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:21 am

Track days are always blast! Nice run Preston. A couple things I would like to know is what did your short time look like for the run? Also at what rpm were you shifting?

Mike
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:34 am

Back to top Go down
PoZeR
Legit
PoZeR

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:47 am

MikeyT wrote:
Track days are always blast! Nice run Preston. A couple things I would like to know is what did your short time look like for the run? Also at what rpm were you shifting?

Mike

And were you towing something? Like another car!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:54 am

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
Went Saturday with Tye, Matt, Matt, Terminator (Dwight) and Yuri(?).

apparently a ghost was holding the camera for the runs ass. lol
Back to top Go down

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:57 am

tye what'ed you run, couldn't see it in the video
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:58 am

he was going for short times because his clutch doesnt disengage very well after 4500rpms so his shifting was treacherous. i believe his best was 13.4 ish with a 1.76 60ft on street tires
Back to top Go down

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:06 pm

thats a damn good 60 on street tires.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:10 pm

MikeyT wrote:

Mike

Short time? as in the 60ft? I put in in there it was a 1.84 second in that run, I was shifting between 6500 and 7000.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Sorry Preston I didn't see that. sop were you crossing the traps at 7000 rpms as well? Pssst, don't be afriad to shift the car either, it looked a little soft.

Mike
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:31 pm

MikeyT wrote:
Sorry Preston I didn't see that. sop were you crossing the traps at 7000 rpms as well? Pssst, don't be afriad to shift the car either, it looked a little soft.

Mike

No, I was actually shifting to 5th at the end there. I am to nervous about these engines (with good reason) to bring my self to rev it out further. I literally have to shift this car into 5th before my VR-4 will top out 3rd. The gears in it are VERY short.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:45 pm

I think he means slam gears...
Back to top Go down

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:45 pm

lol the camera was long gone on your best run.
Back to top Go down

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:50 pm

maybe i planned it that way... affraid
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Ok for clairfication I wasn't trying to slam Preston's driving. I was trying to figure out where he was crossing the line and then to figure out perhaps shifting at 7000k was not best. He has dyno tuned his car and should be able to see his power band. If he is going well beyond any usable power then it is futile to continue. Perhaps changing the shift points and crossing the line more in his power band will help lower his ET.

Now as for the shifting. Its my opinion that I would shift it harder. And before any of your smartasses get on my case know this I shifted the Challenger hard at the track. I was looking to help him get more out of his car. It was a suggestion to Preston, not a testimony to his driving skills.

Mike

Last edited by MikeyT on Sun May 16, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:29 pm

+1 No bagging on the kid, it's his car to drive how he wants. I won't run my car at the track at all because I'm afraid of tearing up motor mounts so I guess I'm a pussy, but I'm cool with that.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:49 pm

3vs197 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INzdQQ1ExPw

termi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSEDthMFJYo

matt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8xzLhuojZY

Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRG-DQS0kI

Yuri.

We gotta start getting these videos posted under the WiST youtube page to add to the collection.
Back to top Go down
PoZeR
Legit
PoZeR

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I don’t think it sounded like anyone was ripping on Preston’s driving.

A 1.8 60 foot is awesome and with 311whp that car should of ran low 13s no problem..

I can see how this time could cause you to be perplexed and ask more questions.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:57 pm

PoZeR wrote:
I don’t think it sounded like anyone was ripping on Preston’s driving.

A 1.8 60 foot is awesome and with 311whp that car should of ran low 13s no problem..

I can see how this time could cause you to be perplexed and ask more questions.

I moved it all to thread killers. Yes there is more to be coaxed out of the car, but I don't trust it enough to take it there, and I don't have the funds to fix it if it breaks.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:34 pm

MikeyT wrote:
Ok for clairfication I wasn't trying to slam Preston's driving. I was trying to figure out where he was crossing the line and then to figure out perhaps shifting at 7000k was not best. He has dyno tuned his car and should be able to see his power band. If he is going well beyond any usable power then it is futile to continue. Perhaps changing the shift points and crossing the line more in his power band will help lower his ET.

Now as for the shifting. Its my opinion that I would shift it harder. And before any of your smartasses get on my case know this I shifted the Challenger hard at the track. I was looking to help him get more out of his car. It was a suggestion to Preston, not a testimony to his driving skills.

Mike

i got what you were saying mikey. ain't no thing but a chicken wing.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Fuckin chicken wings are delicious
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Peter MS3 wrote:
Fuckin chicken wings are delicious

I like mine boneless with hot sauce and ranch
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:00 pm

im so hungry right now......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Byron Dragway Empty
PostSubject: Re: Byron Dragway   Byron Dragway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Byron Dragway
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next