Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My journey back to the streets

Go down 
+5
cletus
MikeyT
Bod89lx
Disgustang
408 4 Eye
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Jesus,are you running a roller? I thought part of the nice thing about hydraulics lifters is you get a little bit of preload.

Mike
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:20 pm

mtperformance wrote:
Yeah that would do it, what do the other rockers look like?
All the other rockers look shiny too! Its a solid roller so there is no preload. running a 8.500 pushrod now. not sure if I should go to 8.400 or 8.300.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:34 pm

408 4 Eye wrote:
mtperformance wrote:
Yeah that would do it, what do the other rockers look like?
All the other rockers look shiny too! Its a solid roller so there is no preload. running a 8.500 pushrod now. not sure if I should go to 8.400 or 8.300.

The only way to figure out push rod length is to measure and get the length thats closest to what gives you the best wear pattern on valve tip. If you dont have a tool to do it you can make one out of a old pushrod.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:22 am

Have a pushrod length tool. Measured it 4 times! came up with 8.500. But I guess shooting for the center of the valve isnt accurate?
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:39 am

Well hopefully you can figure out what happened, you may want to check and see if your rockers clear the retainer's at full lift, there may be a problem there. I know on my big block the crane gold rockers wouldnt clear, so I had to either grind on them or get a stainless steel rocker so I went with the comp cam rockers like these.http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-1632-16/
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Cranes are notorious for that, at least what I've been told in the mopar race world, but the HS is pretty much dummy proof. Now, I am no expert on a ford head design, but I know that with mopar big blocks a lot of time they need a bit grinded off them where they rest on the pedestal.

Anyway you look it, it disturbing me you would have that issue after measureing 4 seperate times and for the money HS is supose to be the best in the buisness.
Sad

Good luck with it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Like don said and i said when we talked today if your pattern is good and everything that was get out the grinder and clean up that area on all the rockers
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Congrats on getting it running and sorry to hear about the rocker arm. Hope to see that thing down here maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:53 pm

I have a buddy with a 383 with a soild roller i believe (voo doo) that keeps doing this too. Hope it gets running.

Heard there will be two Fox bodies done very soon! Very Happy Three if you include BOD.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:38 pm

brngrhd wrote:
Like don said and i said when we talked today if your pattern is good and everything that was get out the grinder and clean up that area on all the rockers
Meister called me today! Told me the same thing too. Im going to set up my adjustable rocker arm tool @8.400, see if anything changes, if not, gonna clearance the rockers, order some new rocker studs and hit the streets! If the 8.400 rods make a change without changing the geometry of the valvetrain, gonna order them and some new rocker arm studs and hit the streets! Either way nothing was major and I shouldnt have to pull it all apart.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:17 pm

good to hear
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Went out today and did a mock up with a 8.300. Looks like its gonna solve all the problems!!! Gonna order them and some new rocker studs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My journey back to the streets   My journey back to the streets - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My journey back to the streets
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3