Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

downpipe?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

downpipe? Empty
PostSubject: downpipe?   downpipe? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:36 pm

So I know with our cars that some people think they smoke the turbo and some people don't. Just wondering what your guys thoughts were? The next things I want to do are either a FMIC or downpipe and then a tune. I'm just undecided to either do both or just one.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

downpipe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: downpipe?   downpipe? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:52 pm

I run the TurboXs downpipe and racepipe with a cp-e catback and I think it sounds pretty sweet. I got pretty substantial power gains from it too. Just be aware that after only adding the exhaust and intake I was hitting MASSIVE fuel cut and had to upgrade my fuel pump too and that was a cost I wasn't expecting.

It took 2 or 3 months for it to start but my turbo is currently smoking like a bitch after adding it but a simple homemade restrictor bolt will solve that problem. I ordered some bolts and have the drill bits so if you want me to make you one I can do it for 20 bucks shipped. I think the guy on the mazdaspeed forums is charging 40 bucks (bnoon bolt).

Also...you will need a tune after adding exhaust so if you can afford it I would get both and put them on at the same time then get to a tuner ASAP.

Hey, I saw you sent me a PM a few days back but my inbox was full at the time so I didn't get it...sorry dude.
Back to top Go down

downpipe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: downpipe?   downpipe? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:24 pm

I thought something was up with that. Ill send it again. So the bolt will stop or help prevent the turbo from smoking? And yes I will take one, just PM me the info to send the money.

Also how much was the fuel pump and is it very difficult to change?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

downpipe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: downpipe?   downpipe? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Its super easy to change, it may have taken all of 15 minutes to do. It's right on the top of the motor just to the right side of the top mount. The pump was 360, plus 355 core charge up front.

The bolt restricts oil flow to the turbo. Normally the turbo is over oiled and there isn't enough negative crank case pressure to bleed it off so it pushes past the turbo seals and burns in the exhaust. I wouldn't worry about it until it starts to happen, because a few people get away without having the problem. But 90% of people do have it happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

downpipe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: downpipe?   downpipe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

downpipe?
Page 1 of 1