Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New

Go down 
+11
2jz-U-Ltr
franky.C
Mclovin23
Brendler84
408 4 Eye
JDMasfck
overblown
Disgustang
Blown91LX
Overboosting
LLcoolJames
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:53 am

Yes, your ecactly right. It's about doing what you want to your car that you get enjoyment out of modifying. I was strictly just talking about the easiest cheapest way to build a fast car... Which would be start with something awd and turbo from factory. And if your only going to run 5-8 why not turbo now have some fun, then in the future when you want more(boost is a drug) then you build the engine..Smile of course building first would always be the "safest" but what would be more fun!
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:51 am

uve got a point. lol i just worry about blowin the engine or killin the tranny. ive already dropped 5 grand into my car. shes my baby and i want her to last forever. lol when i first got it, i didnt worry about making it fast, cuz i knew all i had was a little 2.0 four banger automatic. but since i got my header downpipe and exhaust, she goes. might not be the fastest, but ive beaten a lot of cars. i kept up with a turbo eclipse about a month ago, my front end was at his font tires. idk how that happend, but thats really what got me wanting to boost it. also, driving my friends speed gave me boost envy lol ive got time to think about what i want to do, my eclipse is getting overhauled right now, and i plan on puttin the mazda away in late october, and thats when ill be starting the build....
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:59 am

sounds like a fun project to come... Im jealous mine is over, and now ive got nothing to do
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:03 pm

u could always work on the exterior! looks like u need some rims Smile lol wats all done to yours besides turbo? wat kind of exhaust do u have?
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 pm

yea, i have everything done on the exterior that i think is going to happen, i want to paint my rims black but dont have the time. egt gauge, and blue suede are going in this coming week. The exhaust is a 3 inch ss from turbo back to a greddy tic exhaust. as far as mods go i have about everything you could think of done except a drop. (saving up for kwv2) Smile
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:15 pm

i thought that was the greddy...very nice...must sound like a beast. where are u puttin the suede? im goin to be doing my door panels and seats with grey suade, just havent gotten around to it lol so ur pushin 280 huh? is urs a 2.0? just taking a guess by the wheels u have that its an i touring. dont remember if the 2.3 comes with those wheels too or just the snowflakes. and did u custom build ur turbo kit or buy one? sorry for all the questions!! Smile just curious, never talked to anyone with a boosted sedan.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 pm

mzdagrl3 wrote:
see i wanna be different. not a lot of ppl turbo autos cuz for some reason they think its pointless...hhmm... i kno a guy who has a turbo auto talon...runs 9's at the track... and i havent heard of anyone doin a cx7 swap on a 3 yet.

ask him how much he paid for the bulletproof trans.... being different isn't always smart.
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 pm

well its actually a 2.3 s ..Those are rims off a speed3 painted white. The suade will be going over my center gauge pod, and in the door panels. The turbo was put together by myself and dee from reactive racing. He is the guy who makes the reactive racing kits, but I didnt want to go with his kit, but i do use some things from it like the manifold and intercooler. I think you should definetly turbo yours i'm kindly all alone out here ha
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:21 pm

ah i disagree being different may not be the cheapest route, but its not being stupid. I would say you have to be smarter to build a car that isnt ment to be fast, than to build one of 10 thousand 400hp sti/evos that everyone and his brother have.
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:31 pm

exactly my point....glad someone sees where im coming from! thx chris Smile

kthxbai- u might think what i want to do is stupid...thats fine, its your opinion. but its my car, and ill do to it what i want. Smile
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 pm

no prob, I totally see your point. If i didnt i wouldnt have the car I do, and if you ever need any help let me know, ive learned alot from making mistakes so maybe we can stop that from happening to you Smile and where did you get that front lip ahhhh i want!!
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:37 pm

thanks, that would be awesome. its actually a whole body kit...when i orderd it i thought it was just a lip, till the huge ass box showed up lol its the kensyle replica, got it from bodykits.com for $250 shipped with some sponsorship i had a while ago. u can get just the lip on ebay for like $100 tho. so u ever in milwaukee?? id love to see ur car in person!!
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 pm

yea, I usually go to milwaukee once a week for a couple days. I will be heading down this sunday til probably tuesday. Yea I think that body kit looks amazing, ahh drool
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:47 pm

awesome. depending on the weather ill probly be takin a cruise up to hwy...havent gotten out there with my car much this year.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Here's my logic of why people just buy the damn STI/EVO

Oh look a sweet Mazda 3 speed. Shit I can't afford it. I'll settle for the Mazda 3 S.

Mazda 3 S $18000ish
Simple boltons $2000ish

Oh damn I want to be fast in my grocery getter.

Turbo that shit $10000 I'm assuming

oh fuck I just blew the motor. What's that Mazda? I voided my warranty? #$*#$*#*$

New motor $5000 I'm assuming

oh shit I just blew the trans along with it.

New trans $5000 I'm assuming

Total and going back to stock cuz you don't want to blow it up again: $40,000

I think I'll go with the $38000 STI that has AWD and more power than what you did turboing it.. Kthx.
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:49 pm

soo...y r u driving a corolla?
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:51 pm

cuz it's slow as piss and gets good gas mileage.

I'm buying an STI after we pay off the Wife's Venza or the FT-86 concept if they don't fuck it up.
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:53 pm

y do u always have to try and shit on someones convo? do u really have nothing better to do...? thats sad. if u dont agree with the convo...stay out of it. i thought this was a site for people who love their cars, u should respect ppl and what they wish to do to their car. if i blow my motor or trans...how does that affect you? and my warranty has been voided on my car for about 2 years now. big deal.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Cuz I'm a troll from dah 608 tunahs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:55 pm

this is not an opnion thread you should stay out of it if you are going to talk shit about what they want to do.
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:55 pm

well..its toyota..so they probly will.. good luck with that Smile and go subi...gotta love that boxer engine... u can be the next ken block!
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:58 pm

plus...i like the old saying..."built not bought"... ill have the satisfaction of knowing that whatever power my car does produce..is because i chose the parts and helped build it myself. and btw...if i were to buy a turbo kit from a company for my car...its roughly 4k not 10.
Back to top Go down

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:00 pm

yea man, seriously go buy your sti so you can feel special and have a unique car oh wait its not unique. why would i want one of a million. do i really care that you a second faster than me? no I built a completly custom car that maybe 100 people have. if i wanted a fast car i wouldnt pussy around with a sti or an evo there not fast I would buy a 1500whp race car.. so stupid to even bitch about such small hp numbers it doesnt even matter. what matters is your love for the car and it being unique. but yours isnt enjoy your sti you will like it i know my 4 brothers and 19 cousins enjoy theirs
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:10 pm

I somewhat support his point, if you want a turbo car it's usually more cost effective to buy one that came turbo from the factory.

You're wrong about the STi, from what I've seen its waaaaay less reliable than a MS3.

These guys want to turbo a car that never came boosted, I think that's cool. Not like that douche on the other site that throws a turbo on a lancer and thinks its an evo.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Peter MS3 wrote:
You're wrong about the STi, from what I've seen its waaaaay less reliable than a MS3.

New - Page 3 The_more_you_know2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New   New - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: General :: Introductions-
Jump to: