Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

no more bottle

Go down 
+7
408 4 Eye
overblown
Bod89lx
Overboosting
MikeyT
LLcoolJames
Disgustang
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:49 pm

I think im going to leave what i got there but not put the bottles in or finish the system. I'm going to save my money and build a BIG motor something in the 530 range and go all motor. the system is almost all there and looks bad ass so i might leave that part in. The more i think about it i don't want to hurt what i got i can take my rods and crank out nad put it in a dart block with new pistons and make big power all the time.
Back to top Go down

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:51 pm

no more bottle Coolst10
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:21 pm

You could get a bunch of purge solenoids and color them with leds or neons or whatever. You could do the whole rainbow. It totally wouldnt be gay, and you could still say your car is on the bottle. trust me on this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:42 pm

where did you install the flux capacitor? and where do you put the quarter? Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:45 pm

I personally love the idea! We need more stroker motors on this forum! I like the laughing gas, but the risk/ eward has always been the thing that turned me off to it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:02 pm

you want to leave the lines in but your not hookin up the bottle....sounds fishy. I call SANDBAGGING!
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Dude if your motor gets hurt from 150-250hp of spray then you need to find a new engine builder. Why not just do a LSX swap?
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:02 pm

thanks mike i knew you would understand

logan the thing is not complete the nozzles and lines are there if it take them out i need to plug holes plus it looks bad ass. the rest of the system is not done lines front to rear side to side bottle mount electrical ect ect ect

well if i went LSX it would be boosted. i have good parts in it and could go with 150 200 300 but my car runs good now don't know if i want to mess with it.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 pm

for once, i agree with don. that motor should be able to take the spray all day long. i feel you on the big cube thing though. i'm either going big cube n/a or boost for next year. haven't decided though.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 pm

BTW mike it will not be a stroker motor it will be my stock stroke crank 4" and a 4.600 bore 531 and some change
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:26 pm

overblown wrote:
for once, i agree with don. that motor should be able to take the spray all day long. i feel you on the big cube thing though. i'm either going big cube n/a or boost for next year. haven't decided though.

it should but all it takes is one thing to go wrong and BOOM
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:43 pm

You pussy!
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:07 am

^+1
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:29 am

Back to top Go down

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:03 am

Are you looking for a block? I can help you out.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:12 am

what you got? pm if you want
Back to top Go down

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:25 pm

LSX on boost! x100000000
Back to top Go down

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:51 pm

World Merlin III. Call me and I will fill you in with details.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:49 am

Shane I got your call late in the night..... I was at a wedding so my phone was on silent...... great night, free spotted cows, got home at like 1:15 Wink
Back to top Go down

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:05 am

MikeyT wrote:
I like the laughing gas, but the risk/ eward has always been the thing that turned me off to it.

Mike

Could you please expand on this?
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:30 pm

i think i can answer that. it blows shit up. even if used correctly, it puts added stress on parts because its application is the most stressful way of adding power.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:35 pm

have to diasagree, a properly set up nitrous system in a reasonable amount is not a bad thing. it just needs to be properly tuned just like a supercharger or turbo setup. in fact alot of people will argue the cooling effects of nitrous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:45 pm

3vs197 wrote:
i think i can answer that. it blows shit up. even if used correctly, it puts added stress on parts because its application is the most stressful way of adding power.

How does it blow shit up?

Nitrous is also the most popular power adder in drag racing.

If your theory were correct we would all see multiple engine failures caused by nitrous every time we went to the track.

Don't get me wrong. Nitrous has it's limitations. But it is also a VERY SAFE power adder, with a 70+ year track record of being used in all types of internal combustion engines.

If you understand it's limitations and boundaries as well as the basic operating principal of Nitrous it works very well.

If you have some examples of what you have going on I'm sure someone on here can assist you with your nitrous tune.
Back to top Go down

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Most stressful? It adds cylinder pressure, not unlike a blower or turbo. I would say a centrifugal supercharger would be one of the worst power adders because of the added stress on the front of the crank.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:15 pm

MeanLX wrote:
Most stressful? It adds cylinder pressure, not unlike a blower or turbo. I would say a centrifugal supercharger would be one of the worst power adders because of the added stress on the front of the crank.

roots style = the worst they don't turn as freely as the centrifugal types.

my motor is built for it but if i can build the same power i want and do it n/a then some fucks can't say try it with out the bottle or you need a bottle to hang blah blah blah im not even spraying and im sick of hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

no more bottle Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more bottle   no more bottle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no more bottle
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: