Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On the streets soon!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

On the streets soon! Empty
PostSubject: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:27 pm

On the streets soon! 30132_1411480640645_1041362395_31226426_7189901_n
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Aw christ, you gotta have more pictures than that!
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah dude....what a tease! Please tell me it's going to be a 427 car
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

408 4 Eye wrote:
On the streets soon! 30132_1411480640645_1041362395_31226426_7189901_n

FFR I presume from the marks and style.

What package did you buy?
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Its a FFR kit MkIII equiped with an IRS and an EFI 408 small block! 355 gears, and a 5 speed trans. 2600 lbs and 500+ HP! its an adult Go Kart!!!

On the streets soon! N1041362395_30221824_3822

Got lots more pics, but here is a crappy vid of when it first got running!

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 pm

How much does that kit cost? Hummm....

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 pm

i gots a boner
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:17 pm

MikeyT wrote:

Mike
With the options he got, I think he paid just under 20 for the kit and should have just under 35 when its complete!I could be wrong on the kit part though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:02 pm

408 4 Eye wrote:
Its a FFR kit MkIII equiped with an IRS and an EFI 408 small block! 355 gears, and a 5 speed trans. 2600 lbs and 500+ HP! its an adult Go Kart!!!

On the streets soon! N1041362395_30221824_3822

Got lots more pics, but here is a crappy vid of when it first got running!

Nice setup. Should be lighter than that I would bet.

My brother has the same, MkIII, IRS, 5 speed to 3:73 gears and a Supercharged 347 SBF. Put it together a few years ago, then it went to storage while he was deployed, then it got the huffer this spring.

Last edited by lilwillie on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 pm

408 4 Eye wrote:
MikeyT wrote:

Mike
With the options he got, I think he paid just under 20 for the kit and should have just under 35 when its complete!I could be wrong on the kit part though.

MkIII's with the IRS could be to your door for 15K a few years ago. I don't believe they uped the price on the MkIV version. In fact I think it held at 13K

http://www.factoryfive.com/rdsterhome.html

ya, base kit is still at 13K. We got lucky and the IRS was a freebie when he ordered. Took about 500 hours to build, not as cut and dry as they say. Some engineering snafus we changed ourselves but overall the best replica I've seen.

We looked into the Superformance and a couple others, FFR had the best bang for the buck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:47 pm

was your brother in the service?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:40 pm

NICE Cool
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:55 pm

lilwillie wrote:
408 4 Eye wrote:
MikeyT wrote:

Mike

MkIII's with the IRS could be to your door for 15K a few years ago. I don't believe they uped the price on the MkIV version. In fact I think it held at 13K

ya, base kit is still at 13K. We got lucky and the IRS was a freebie when he ordered. Took about 500 hours to build, not as cut and dry as they say. Some engineering snafus we changed ourselves but overall the best replica I've seen.

We looked into the Superformance and a couple others, FFR had the best bang for the buck.

Sweet a 13k puzzle! I have always loved those things!

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:03 am

doyle09 wrote:
was your brother in the service?

yes, USMC and now National Guard.....
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:53 am

lilwillie wrote:

15 for the kit does seem about right! yes by far the best kit. It would have been done by now, but dad lost his job for a while and now were gonna finish it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:27 am

408 4 Eye wrote:
lilwillie wrote:

15 for the kit does seem about right! yes by far the best kit. It would have been done by now, but dad lost his job for a while and now were gonna finish it!

Very cool it is getting done. I'd ass-u-me then that Dad has a job again if work is back on.

Nice color choice for the seats. I haven't seen many with that color. What will the body color be? Also, I can't tell from the pics but how was the fiberglass ridges on the bonding marks? That was the only thing we saw as bad. Just to much of it. My brother built T-bird body's for Regal Roadsters and he told me that he thought the ridglines on the FFR were the worst he had seen.

We didn't give to much attention to the body on his. Hell, I used left over paint from a race car build.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:17 am

ya i've seen that car around, talked to him at beils memorial day party for a while about it. i was hammered so i don't know if i made sense or not. but a very cool car
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 am

doyle09 wrote:
ya i've seen that car around, talked to him at beils memorial day party for a while about it. i was hammered so i don't know if i made sense or not. but a very cool car

No, you didn't make sense Wink

He mentioned the young bucks where pretty fucked up at Beils party that day. It will be down at Mazo's car show if he doesn't go on another deployment before then.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:09 pm

lilwillie wrote:

Very cool it is getting done. I'd ass-u-me then that Dad has a job again if work is back on.

Nice color choice for the seats. I haven't seen many with that color. What will the body color be? Also, I can't tell from the pics but how was the fiberglass ridges on the bonding marks? That was the only thing we saw as bad. Just to much of it. My brother built T-bird body's for Regal Roadsters and he told me that he thought the ridglines on the FFR were the worst he had seen.

We didn't give to much attention to the body on his. Hell, I used left over paint from a race car build.
Yeah he is back working @ goodyear in SP. He is planning on painting it kinda burnt orange/copper color with pearl white stripes. I thought there was alot of extra at the seams as far as the body goes but more is always better then too little! in that sense anyways! All it needs is the dash installed, an alignment, and a tune. then he is gonna put a few hundred miles on it before paint!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:51 pm

408 4 Eye wrote:
lilwillie wrote:

Yeah he is back working @ goodyear in SP. He is planning on painting it kinda burnt orange/copper color with pearl white stripes. I thought there was alot of extra at the seams as far as the body goes but more is always better then too little! in that sense anyways! All it needs is the dash installed, an alignment, and a tune. then he is gonna put a few hundred miles on it before paint!

Cool.

Always a good idea to get the bugs worked out before the paint is on.....

Have you gone through the license and title portion yet, along with the inspection? I got lucky and had a few "ins" with the DMV, it will be a mutha fucker of a process. Start it now, because once it is done, you hate looking at the car waiting.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223633

working as a "agent" for my brother while he was in Iraq and using a State Trooper, Country Sheriff and a DMV employee who all where my "ins" it still took three months to get the DMV happy. All the form numbers are in that thread. When you make up your research paper work make sure you have pictures....but not to good of pictures....A little embellishment will be needed. Lots of "used parts" you had laying around. They want the research paper done so they can tax you on the value of the car.....Dan's was taxed at 18K. Since I donated all the parts for the car through the shop and took it as a tax write off.

Sadly, the DMV likes to double tax you. Pretty fucked up that you pay tax on parts you buy, then the DMV taxes you again when they asses the value of the car.

The State Trooper who inspected it was a cousin of a friend, he spent a few minutes checking the basics and signed off. The Dane County sheriff is a local and knew us so it was a matter of a few minutes...

Anyways, if it starts driving you nuts. I've been there done it and may be able to slip a name to you to help the process along.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 pm

I believe he already has it titled. he transferred his hobbyist plate to it. He hasnt got it inspected or anything though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:43 pm

408 4 Eye wrote:
I believe he already has it titled. he transferred his hobbyist plate to it. He hasnt got it inspected or anything though!

If you have a actual title and plates, you are goodtogo. How you did it, hell, I applaud it, considering the BS I went through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the streets soon!   On the streets soon! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the streets soon!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Build Threads-
Jump to: