Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhaust place

Go down 
+3
LLcoolJames
XSFTLBS
240sxguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:54 am

looking to have a 3inch exhaust made for my mazda 3. pretty much straight with a couple bends. any good exhausts shops or places that are good?
Back to top Go down

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:01 am

Speedy Muffler on East Wash. A friend of mine swears thats the only place to have exhaust work done.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:35 am

^ I have ordered parts from them and they are pretty helpful.

Keep in mind, nobody in town will have a Mandrel bender. Honestly, I would take it to Nate (ma70tt on here) or Skunk. They are a bit more performance oriented and more likely to piece together an exhaust from mandrel bends.
Back to top Go down

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:37 am

ya, but then i would have to order all the tubing myself and i have no idea what i would need
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:50 am

Take it to Nate or Skunk... tell them what you want and let them figure it out. They are smart guys.
Back to top Go down

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:53 am

where exactly are these guys? and what do you think they would charge for somthing like this
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:58 am

Nate is on the east side, skunk is in fitchburg. You can call.

Skunk (yes, call him Skunk! lol) - 608-658-8797
Nate, midwest hybrid - (608) 442-6390
Back to top Go down

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:59 am

wow midwest hybrid, how come i have never heard of it..geeze been here 21 years it sounds like a great place..
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 am

There is a very large split of people who like/dislike Nate for various reasons. I suggest you make your own decision. He certainly does start shit storms on here!

Evan
Back to top Go down

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 am

where abouts is his shop located?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 am

He has a website if you google it.
Back to top Go down

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:04 am

thanks man just found it..
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:08 pm

moparkid wrote:
Speedy Muffler on East Wash. A friend of mine swears thats the only place to have exhaust work done.

Just to add my opinion here.....

I will NEVER take another car to Speedys. I came back from Iraq in late '05 and had my turbocoupe waiting for me. The only issue it had at the time was a rotten exhaust. I got a pass from Ft Mccoy to see my family, and I decided to take the car over to speedys to see what they thought. the guy at the front said no problem, and we determined that it needed pretty much everything from the cat back. He said it would take a couple days to get the parts I wanted, so I set an appointment up. I chose a pair of flowmaster 40 series mufflers, a stock y-pipe, a pair of flowmaster mustang tailpipes, and a pair of 3" chrome tips to go with them. (The mustang tailpipes are the exact same as the turbocoupe, but are 2.5 mandrel bent, and are about a foot too short out the back....hence the tips to extend them.) I came back from Ft Mccoy again a couple days later to have the system installed. The guy at the counter said it would probably take a couple of hours, so i spent some time with my family until i got the call. An hour after i left the car, they call me up saying that it was done. On my way to speedys, I got a call that one of my Soldiers was in a car accident by Sparta, and that they needed me to get back to Tomah (hospital he was at) ASAP. I get to speedys, and because I was in a bit of a rush i go inside and get the bill. The bill was $497 and some change. It was a bit under what he quoted me initially, but only by about 50 bucks or so. I asked him about it about 4 times to make sure that it was right, and he said well, it was a bit cheaper because it didnt take as long as they had thought. I said "Okay..." and paid the man, and got my keys. While walking out to the car, the tips I had ordered looked good, and were straight, so i hopped in the car and took off to Tomah. Fast forward about a week. I'm gettting a HORRIBLE rattle from the general area of my rear axle, and the exhaust note had changed. I go underneath, and find out that the dumbfucks had put STOCK 2 1/8" tailpipes on it, and filled the gap in the tips with a bunch of birdshit weld. I look further back, and the damn tailpipes are ON THE AXLE. At this point, they had actually worn through the pipe and were leaking like hell. I went further forward, and noticed that the gap between the flowmaster mufflers and the 2 1/8" tails had been filled with more birdshit weld, and were leaking as well. Not only that, it looked like they EXPANDED one of the muffler outlets to 3" and jammed the pipe in and filled it with weld.

Needless to say, i was PISSED. i was about to call them and ask them WTF they did to my car when i got a call from THEM. Turns out that they claim they didnt do the bill right, and they say that i owe them 100 MORE dollars. I explained that I didnt get the tailpipes I wanted, and also explained all the deficiancys with their work that was done. I ALSO explained to them that I told the guy at the front told me that the bill was paid in full ( I have a fucking receipt for that marked PAID) and that they wouldnt see ANY money until i got the parts that i ordered, and the exhaust was hung and attatched CORRECTLY. Then he got nasty on the phone with me and told me that he "Knows people" and that If i knew what was good for me I'd pay him what he said i owed him. I told him that I'd consider it if he got me the correct tailpipes and put them on correctly. This guy then tells me that he has my address and that if he had to he would go yank the parts right off my car. I told him to get fucked, and that if i ever saw any of his goons or him on my property they would never find the bodies. He hung up on me after that.

I've never had any more contact with the guy, but after the tailpipes finally broke all the way through, I seriously considered throwing them through their plate glass office window.

If anybody knows Jesse with the 68 Stang, ask him how bad that exhaust looked. He'll tell you.

Anyways.... rant over. i would never send my worst enemy to Speedys. Exhaust pros are abunch of assholes, aso now i got to harolds muffler service in Ft Atkinson. NEVER had any issues there, and they stand by their work.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:40 pm

A few weeks ago exhaust pros put a dual exhaust on my frinds 1500. Last week i get a call from her saying her truck wont start. Long story short i spend three hours rewiring everything that went to the starter because they ran the new exhaust so it was resting on the starterwires and just melted everything. So I wouldnt recommend them either
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:18 pm

God Damn!!! I must be the only motherfucker who has never had problems with exhust pro's. they set up the current exhaust on the 70 Coronet and did it in one day and for $150 less then three other quotes.

Mike
Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:54 pm

Nate is an awesome guy to work with, i recommend him
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:23 am

ill bite, send me a pm and ill put ya a quote together.

lmk what type of flanges (2/3 bolt w./gasket or v-band), stainless or aluminized, muffler style, etc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:44 am

V-bands rock.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:08 pm

i know its an old post. but ive alway taken my cars , trucks to exhaust pros.

jim (the old guy) may be hard to deal with , but his son corey. is really good at what he does.

ive take $40,000 cars there and they have turned out great with exactly what i wanted.

remember: you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhaust place Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust place   Exhaust place Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust place
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: