Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!

Go down 
+3
Disgustang
2jz-U-Ltr
MikeyT
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Swingers_guybehind

sorry Swingers picture was needed!

I'm so excited partly because my new Harland Sharps stuff arrived on Thursday. This has something I've been saving up for a while to get, thus the excitement. Mopar builds a nice rocker arm assembly for a stock 440, but this engine has a few perofrmance components that make it time for an upgrade. Historically even the the stock mopar big block have real nicer valve train management design in its pedestal based rocker system, but problem is that even thought they are supose to be 1.5 stock, they rarely measure out to that, often its somewhere mid to high 1.4's. This means that my cam/head package leaves something on the table in the way of horsepower.

Well, eventually this 440 is being pulled and a big stroker engine will go in its place, which will mean a solid roller and when I do it I will need a rocker arm assembly that can handle it, plus I don't believe in changing things twice, (they are fuckiing spendy) so I just went ahead and got the 1.6 roller rocker set up. This will increase my overall lift some which will give it horsepower, but it will also reduce friction.

Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! HSrockers

Mike
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Awesome man!!

Let me know when you get around to putting these things in, I haven't ripped a 440 apart in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:35 pm

yeah ill stand around and watch you guys work im not very good with a wrenck but i can talk shit while you work.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:52 pm

That's awesome man. Theres no feeling like new go fast parts showing up at your door! I've wanted to hug the UPS guy many times. Now just take them out of the package and put them somewhere you can see them for a few hours. Preferabley somewhere the ol lady will see and complain that they don't belong there. Then just smile and continue watching tv. Only then will the ritual be complete.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Rockon11
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Sweet. And Steve you cant even spell wrench let alone use one. Lol
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Peter MS3 wrote:
Awesome man!!

Let me know when you get around to putting these things in, I haven't ripped a 440 apart in awhile.

To be honest I'm not sure? I need to find a place where i can do this without causing the complex to not have a coronary and I need to use one of those pushrod measuring thingys to set up the length right, and then order up new pushrods or bad things happen to valves!!!

Steve.......LOL, Yeah, if you want to bring over your craftsman tool set and play, you can too!

Bryan.... Your so right! I'm almost on a first name basis with UPs guys! I know on Thursday I just sat and looked at them, and told Mara I almost brought them to bed with us! She just looked beyond disturbed. Her look was classic! Problem was I was half serious.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Blown91LX wrote:
Sweet. And Steve you cant even spell wrench let alone use one. Lol

LOL oops
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:48 pm

Congrats on the new go fast goodies! I too like the HS stuff! Summit sells the pushrod tools pretty cheap.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-7704-1/
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks Andy. I learned from what you went through so that is why I'm being very careful about measuring things.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:20 pm

well I sure am stupid. I was staring at the picture, wondering why you had a spool of vacuum hose sitting there. it took me a damn good amount of time to realize that was a stove burner.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:22 pm

ROFL!!!!! David you made my night! I haven't laughed so hard all day.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 pm

what brand push rods are you getting mikey? i would go with manton. Use jizz rocket stuff for that jizz rocket. I could probably borrow a push rod length tool for you.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Lol! guess i figured out that word masking. i was wondering what this jizz rocket talk was all about.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Corey

LOL, NICE!!!

Personally I was going to go with Smith brothers out of Portland. I know quite a few mopar guys, who really like them. Thanks for the offer, let me know if you can locate one.

Mike

Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:40 am

I can get that tool mikey. Just give me notice a few days in advance. I have to run to dodgeville to grab it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:37 pm

You know I am no expert on such things but those look like they belong on a racecar. study

HS FTW
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Corey grab the darn thing and lets meet up this week!

Mike

Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:51 pm

I wont be able to get to dodgeville until wednesday night. i have puppy class thursday until 7:30(my little man is graduating). lol. But i could pop over after. Or friday night works for me as well. Im going to a car show where full boar will be saturday. It would be great if we get it done before then. Saves me a trip to dodgeville. Let me know what works best for you.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Well tp update folks, the 70 440 coroent has been in Waukesha this week. I've been looking over it with Jim Kilpatrick and despite both of our belief that the 1.6 rockers would work, they just so slightly tap the top of my pistons. This astounded both of us since its very common change over for a stock built 440 and would of produced some nice gains, but alas it can not happen. So we got a nice set of HS 1.5 roller rockers on it and will look on building a decent short block this winter with a bigger cam or bigger cubes, depending.

Mike

PS This whole situation could of been disasterous except for a very informative discussion I had with Cory (BlownLX) about changing in rockers, again thanks Cory for your help. I'm pretty disappointed, but it gives me a target to fix a few things on this engine over the winter, such as build a decent bottom end as well as update my headers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 pm

ah thats to bad mike. i really need to see the coroent one of these days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!   Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's the big winner?..... Mikey's the big winner!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: