Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai

Go down 
+3
LLcoolJames
XSFTLBS
ma70tt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Empty
PostSubject: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 pm

A few on here might remember this car/most will not. its a '99 Hyundai accent that Mat C. came to me with years ago/when it was new. He said it wasnt fast enough and wanted to know what i could do. i told him "not much unless he had some $" heres a nitrous kit to play with. Well Mat had some $ so i came up with a plan to put a drivetrain in it that had support in the aftermarket & would be reliable, in the mean time he went through 10-15 10lb bottles. The conversion would consist of an ls block sleeved, eagle rods, je 8.0/1 pistons, head studs, pr3 vtec head and a 20g greddy turbo kit. At the time tuning was pretty archaic so we went with an e-manage instead of the included "blue box" or an fmu nightmare. Fabbed up the body mounts and used a Hasport engine mount kit, had custom axles made an put him on the street. that was @ 9-10 years ago now. well i hadnt seen him in at least five years an i get a call a couple weeks ago, he said the car had been sitting for 5+ years and he wanted to bring it back to life.

This time its getting 12.4" two piece rotor 4 piston caliper front brakes/11" rear disc conversion. a proper 3" stainless mandrel bent down pipe & exhaust. updating to obdI for tuning. modern wheel tire combo. clutch/flywheel traction bar and a show quality paint job.

wasnt much to look at after sitting so long but did ok on the dyno/after both front brakes started on fire and some minimal tuning. heres a pic of what it did look like under the hood. i didnt take any other pics since it was just a basic Hyundai with konig tantrum 17" wheels.

Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai 112210002

that was @ a week ago, dropped that out and stripped the car. dropped the car at willy's last week & he sprayed the jambs & under hood a dark charcoal with the flake in the clear. Mat wanted something else so willy did some green true flame too. picked it up from the body shop this morning to re hang the motor & get started on the exhaust.

Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai 112210003
Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai 112210004
Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai 112210001

looks a lil funky from being hauled on an open trailer behind a dually with no mudflaps in the rain/ill snap some better pics when i get it unloaded & wiped down

ill keep this updated as it goes, Mat says he doesnt care if it takes 'till spring so this might be a 3-4 month project.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:45 pm

That's really nice!
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:49 pm

interesting build
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:58 pm

I don't see your pictures dude.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:15 am

I do
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:17 am

Hmm, I see them at work. Internet was pretty fucked up at home last night.
Back to top Go down
Ls240sx
Legit
Ls240sx

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 am

i cant believe this thing is still around.
Back to top Go down
http://Davidjlampe.com
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:52 am

why not start with a honda?
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Wow, it has been a while since I have seen that car, I remember "street tuning" it with Matt, that thing is a handful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:22 pm

bigbird94 wrote:

then you'd have another honda. i know it doesnt make sense to everyone in concept or execution but the owner of this car is the kind of guy that doesnt harbor others opinions with any regard/he does his own thing. im sure there will be a few haters making remarks as this project comes to fruition.

got the doors, fenders, and hatch back from being edged today so we'll probably re hang them tomorrow or friday.

cant really tell but used to be black/now a dark charcoal
Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai 112310
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:04 am

ma70tt wrote:
bigbird94 wrote:

then you'd have another honda. i know it doesnt make sense to everyone in concept or execution but the owner of this car is the kind of guy that doesnt harbor others opinions with any regard/he does his own thing. im sure there will be a few haters making remarks as this project comes to fruition.

Im not hatin, just curious. Its always cool to see something unexpected. Wish the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai   Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matz turbo Honda powered Hyundai
Page 1 of 1