Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

vinyl clean up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Hey Detailing guys

I thought I'd get your opinion on this one. I'm removing the old vinyl C strip on the coronet because of a three inch section that tore loose and is gone. Well I'm replacing it with a new sticker, but after I get the old one off. I will need to clean it properly. I';m thinking good old elbow grease with water and soap should work, but I figured I would get some opinions from you guys. Do you gus suggest anything different or something that might work easier to cleaqn it up.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by MikeyT on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Administrator

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:24 pm

The orange Goo B gone shit works really well and it's safe. I used it on my paint where I debadged the trunk and we used it on Tim's paint. It worked good and there was no issue and new adhesive went right back on the same spot with no issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wistreetandtrack.com
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Great! Thanks Peter! I assume i can get that at most automotive or hardware stores then?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Administrator

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:47 pm

Yeah, even Walmart. I've never used it on vinyl but it says it's safe for anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wistreetandtrack.com

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Mikey, 3M makes a product called wax and adhesive remover. You can get it at most parts stores or at Body Shop Supply. From my personal experience, its pretty good stuff. Here's a link to 3M's website: http://www.3m.com/product/information/Adhesive-Wax-Remover.html

You can get it in aerosol form, or liquid form in a squeezeable metal container. Put a little on a rag and the adhesive is gone.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:58 pm

moparkid wrote:
Mikey, 3M makes a product called wax and adhesive remover. You can get it at most parts stores or at Body Shop Supply. From my personal experience, its pretty good stuff. Here's a link to 3M's website: http://www.3m.com/product/information/Adhesive-Wax-Remover.html

You can get it in aerosol form, or liquid form in a squeezeable metal container. Put a little on a rag and the adhesive is gone.

this is the stuff that the detailing department at the dealer i worked at used.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:19 pm

moparkid wrote:

Yup, good stuff right there.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Wow, thanks guys! I apprciate the help. I just got back from the store and bought some Orange Goo B gone. I'm going to lift the sticker and try and clean it up. If it still seems gunky I'll swing by autosupply store on monday and see if I can find some 3m adhesive wax remover.

Again thanks, its nice to see their are other options out there.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:58 pm

I've used goo gone along with generic bug and tar remover also. You should be fine Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

vinyl clean up Empty
PostSubject: Re: vinyl clean up   vinyl clean up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vinyl clean up
Page 1 of 1