Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well.... its decision time.

Go down 
+13
Bod89lx
Rac3c4r
GGevoX
Fuckin Schiller!!
MikeyT
Disgustang
Tusk
HoosierDaddy
Blown91LX
STiedVR4Guy
OJDAJUICEMAN
LLcoolJames
XSFTLBS
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Mikey T-

Thats an idea right there. I know for a fact that the shop is halfway through re-doing their lobby area currently, and they are doing it themselves. I can mud, tape and paint pretty good, so that might be an option. Thanks!

Brngrhd- I'm not too familiar with auto trans guts. The most Ive ever done was crack apart a T-5 on a bench to replace Synchros. That was childs play compared to the AXOD-E apparently!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Blackout wrote:
Yes. A pile of shit SHO. LOL

Yeah, I agree. If it is fixed, there has to be a point where it stops. I can understand some minor repairs like sensors or exhaust after this, but obviously id the harness takes a shit or if the motor rattles apart, its over.

This is IF its fixed. As far as the money goes, I can afford to fix it without really stressing too much, the only thing I can't do is buy the Megasquirt for my T-bird until July. Not really broken up about that though.

Brngrhd- Yep, besided the motor, everything else is pretty much standard Taurus fare, with the exception of larger sway bars, heavier springs and the SHO specific body cladding. Actually, the AXOD trans is the same trans in the regular taurus and I believe the Windstar vans.

Fuck the T-bird for now, that is a toy. Put it away and forget about mods until you get this Taurus up and running. You are a husband, father, and have other priorities that this batchelor does not - but even I know where to draw the line.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 pm

this makes me wish I would have kept my Buick, we ended up trading it in and got virtually nothing for it and since then I've seen like a dozen situations where it would have made a great, reliable car for someone that needed something cheap.

I'm with which ever one of these fuckers said fix it, throw a higher price for sale sign on it, and hope someone is willing to dump that much into a SHO. and this should be a given but make sure you keep your reciepts for all of the work done.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 pm

moparkid wrote:
Blackout wrote:
Yes. A pile of shit SHO. LOL

Yeah, I agree. If it is fixed, there has to be a point where it stops. I can understand some minor repairs like sensors or exhaust after this, but obviously id the harness takes a shit or if the motor rattles apart, its over.

This is IF its fixed. As far as the money goes, I can afford to fix it without really stressing too much, the only thing I can't do is buy the Megasquirt for my T-bird until July. Not really broken up about that though.

Brngrhd- Yep, besided the motor, everything else is pretty much standard Taurus fare, with the exception of larger sway bars, heavier springs and the SHO specific body cladding. Actually, the AXOD trans is the same trans in the regular taurus and I believe the Windstar vans.

Fuck the T-bird for now, that is a toy. Put it away and forget about mods until you get this Taurus up and running. You are a husband, father, and have other priorities that this batchelor does not - but even I know where to draw the line.

Well, exactly. Its definitely not a priority right now. We are doing OK with one vehicle ATM. The only thing this affects is getting my toy to 100% when I wanted to, which is not a big deal to me at all. That thing can wait, its not going anywhere, and its nice and snug inside a decent garage for right now. I'd rather the wife get her car back and stop giving me the stink-eye LOL. Even though she's the one who made the decision on buying the damn thing. Smile One bright spot in all of this is that she won't bitch too much the next time I buy something for the T-bird LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Mods can wait, getting this car up and running cannot. I know first hand that it would suck not having your car to enjoy for the summer, but look at blown91lx - he drove his car with 157 less hp last year, but he drove his car. Sometimes sacrifices must be made. I drove mine with a fucked up tranny most of last summer. Mclovin didn't get to drive his at all, and Anthony is still thumbing a ride.

Finances and priorities come first, dude. No matter who you are, you can't live credit card to check. Get the tranny repaired, slap the car on eBay and see how you do, and if you don't sell it be upside down and drive it. Pretend that T-Bird doesn't exist. Mikey has a good idea also, see if you can horsetrade. Maybe the shop owner needs someone to come service his wife Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GGevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:45 pm

I read some posts. Not familiar with your story. But sounds like you need to maybe cut your loses on the car. If your two options are sell the car now or fix the car now.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:01 pm

The Thunderbird shouldn't even be a thought now. Family, spouse, then you. Hell, shit happens and it's all how a you deal with it.

There is a TON of stuff I'd like to do, go, play with, but my situations comes down to my wife right now. If I decided to be selfish, it would jeopardize things I'm not willing to screw around with.

Might be barking up the wrong tree but Total Money Makeover is a great book to grab from the library. It may seem corny, but it really gave me a bit of an overall reality check. We have more money in savings now with my wife working at a grocery store part-time than when she was full time in her field. All due to a reality check from a corny book.
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
this makes me wish I would have kept my Buick, we ended up trading it in and got virtually nothing for it and since then I've seen like a dozen situations where it would have made a great, reliable car for someone that needed something cheap.

I'm with which ever one of these fuckers said fix it, throw a higher price for sale sign on it, and hope someone is willing to dump that much into a SHO. and this should be a given but make sure you keep your reciepts for all of the work done.

on this topic, I have a shit box car that runs and drives. Its not registered right now, but if things get mega shitty, you are more than welcome to steal it for a while. Just sayin..
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:52 am

I would say dont send any more money on it as it is a money pit and will keep costing you money until you scrap it or find some fool to buy it. Most of the parts for the SHO are impossible to get and expensive. Those cars are past there time and a waste of hard earned money. So if you like spending money on it all the time and have it in the shop all the time then go ahead and fix the trans.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 2:40 am

moparkid wrote:
Mods can wait, getting this car up and running cannot. I know first hand that it would suck not having your car to enjoy for the summer, but look at blown91lx - he drove his car with 157 less hp last year, but he drove his car. Sometimes sacrifices must be made. I drove mine with a fucked up tranny most of last summer. Mclovin didn't get to drive his at all, and Anthony is still thumbing a ride.

Finances and priorities come first, dude. No matter who you are, you can't live credit card to check. Get the tranny repaired, slap the car on eBay and see how you do, and if you don't sell it be upside down and drive it. Pretend that T-Bird doesn't exist. Mikey has a good idea also, see if you can horsetrade. Maybe the shop owner needs someone to come service his wife Very Happy

YEAH.... I know that man, hence why I said my T-bird isn't a concern at all. At the moment, I could care less about getting it ready for summer. The wife's car is the first thing to get done.

Tusk - AGAIN. YES I know all these things. Its not even a matter of us being in debt right now, Just FYI. We don't have credit cards because we got ourselves into problems with them in the past, and now that we have none, we don't want them back. For the first time in a while, i have a decent amount in savings. *edit* HAD, lol this might just wipe that out for a small time.

I think that people have some kind of preconception that I'm a complete dumbfuck when it comes to my prioritys, and my family in general. That couldnt be further from the truth. Regardless of whats going on with anything, they come first. I don't need a lecture on how to be a husband or a father. Just to clear the air on that for you guys. I've never once sacrificed my family's well being for something as stupid as a car. I wouldn't start now. I am in no way nor have I EVER been selfish when it came to thing like this. I've always drove the complete shitboxes, putting off repairs and such just to make sure my wife has her car to drive. Not bitching, just explaining. I just want to make sure people understand this.

WS_SICK: Wow, thanks for the offer! I don't think it would ever come to that, but I do appreciate it. we should have her car back in about a week or two if we do this, and until then the Explorer is on double duty.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:45 am

^^^^ HA HA. WS_SSSSSIIIIIICK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:14 am

nightrunner06 wrote:
^^^^ HA HA. WS_SSSSSIIIIIICK

hahaha i hope he said it in his head like "wow, WS_SIIICKKK"
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:42 am

Tough choice. I had to make the same decision with my BMW. It is also somewhat finicky and unreliable. I couldn't sell it for a reasonable price so I am keeping it for now at least.

If you do fix the Sho, I would plan on keeping it for a little while then selling it. During that time bolster your savings back up, and plan on buying the most boring and reliable thing you can find when the SHO sells. It's easier to justify putting money into a car if you have it for awhile after it's repaired. This all banks on it not crapping out before then though.

EDIT; What about a partout? Surely that thing is worth more than $800 in pieces.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Bod89lx wrote:
I would say dont send any more money on it as it is a money pit and will keep costing you money until you scrap it or find some fool to buy it. Most of the parts for the SHO are impossible to get and expensive. Those cars are past there time and a waste of hard earned money. So if you like spending money on it all the time and have it in the shop all the time then go ahead and fix the trans.

^^^This
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 4:09 pm

This really sucks dude. I have no advice for you, but in my situation when the engine blew I put it back together as quickly/cheaply as possible and got as far away from it as fast as I could even though it was running great when it was done.

I hate problems/headaches with my daily. That's why I bought the challenger to be kept stockish.

Best of luck with it big boy.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:07 pm

I say cut your losses and run!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:22 pm

well i guess im going to have to change my vote when the ford guys that had these cars say stay as far away as possible/cut and run...... but i would have listened to them in the first place Dead Horse 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well.... its decision time.   Well.... its decision time. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well.... its decision time.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2