Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.

Go down 
+7
408 4 Eye
2jz-U-Ltr
saucemaxx
mr.johnson
tim85851
240sxguy
LOLZFWD
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LOLZFWD

LOLZFWD

go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Empty
PostSubject: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 2:57 pm

When I bought my car it had a fried fidanza 4 puck with mild PP and stock flywheel and oem TOB
So, i upgraded to a ACT 6 puck sprung hub disc with a XTHD 3200 lb pressure plate and Prolite flywheel, ACT TOB. ( MB7-XTG6 )

after 600 mile break in going about 400 city, 200 hwy. And another 1600 miles of daily driving including numerous pulls, i went to to the 1st launch on this clutch. I staged up and did a mild launch to see where in the pedal was the kick point. then went and drove around for 10 min letting the clutch cool down and shifted through (up and down) the gears 2 sets of times and then went to hit a REAL launch.
AND I DID. broke all four tires loose and got squirrely in the rear but went to 7K to shift and it failed at disengaging. So i slowed down to a complete stop and it wouldnt go into any gear at all, took a video through the bottom service hole and the TOB and PP clip was still intact, pressure still on the pedal and the PP was engaging/disengaging all correctly.

Yesterday i took it apart and DUN DUN DUN

go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. IMG_1034

go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. IMG_1033

go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. IMG_1032

go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. IMG_1031

go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. IMG_1029

affraid FML!

NEEDLESS 2SAY... this clutch is rated at 728 ft/lbs from the crank! 3200lb pressure plate!

im pushing 350 WHP, 350 tq currently. with drivetrain thats maybe 410-420 crank.... with 2200 miles on the clutch, 1.5 launches later?

So i sent in the detailed description to ACT with pics and the Customer Service dude MIKE said it should be covered under manufacturers defect but will need an ACT tech to inspect it for any sort of refund/exchange.

So before automotions im going to try to get a new clutch someway or somehow, get my injectors in, tune to e85, roll my fenders to tuck my wheels. bounce yay.me.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:13 pm

That sucks, I was going to put a southbend clutch into my car and was warned this could happen so I went a different route. Hope you get it back together quickly.
Back to top Go down
tim85851
Legit
tim85851

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:34 pm

ouch.

do as your title states. get a twin disk.
Back to top Go down
LOLZFWD

LOLZFWD

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:54 pm

tim85851 wrote:
ouch.

do as your title states. get a twin disk.

YEAaaa... if i would have done that it would have set me back a little more then i wanted to financially and twin discs you have to rebuild and i have heard of SOOO many lockout, TOBV clip issues with twins, so i decided to go this route and it worked and never missed a beat was so glad i went with the setup until, well, i launched it and this shit happened.

kinda stuck here now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:09 pm

and thats why we only run comp clutchs. everything else sucks.
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:13 pm

My Exceedy broke at the track after about 2 months of use. Twin disk had no problems. Except install problems and extortion on the part of the shop
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:51 pm

That sucks dude. That's a lot of work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:45 pm

wait i thought evo clutches were cake? right tye?
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Auto FTW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:27 am

38394Z28 wrote:
i figured out a way it takes me 2.5 seconds to seperate the TOB on them now Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tim85851
Legit
tim85851

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:59 am

simons3z wrote:
38394Z28 wrote:
i figured out a way it takes me 2.5 seconds to seperate the TOB on them now Laughing Very Happy

dude that was the fucking worst. we just took my clutch fork and forced it the opposite direction and it popped the TOB off...
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:48 am

408 4 Eye wrote:
Auto FTW!
This
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:45 am

tim85851 wrote:
simons3z wrote:
38394Z28 wrote:

dude that was the fucking worst. we just took my clutch fork and forced it the opposite direction and it popped the TOB off...

Yeah from where we were sitting that looked like a pain in the ass lol
Back to top Go down
noodles
Legit

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Go biggggg!
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
tim85851 wrote:
simons3z wrote:
38394Z28 wrote:

Yeah from where we were sitting that looked like a pain in the ass lol

i will second that lol
Back to top Go down
LOLZFWD

LOLZFWD

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Heh only shit part is,is that clutch was meant to be 'big' lmao... was rated at more power then ill be punching for a LONG time....in fact.. when I ordered it they tried to talk me out of it because they said it was way overkill on my car that I'd never tap into the capabilities quote unquote what Matt at act said lmao.... well lookie there.... overkill my ass. I need a clutch that can handle awdslides! Heh heh
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:52 pm

try a stock STI clutch Very Happy mine held up pretty well to some mad tyte drifting yo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:35 am

tim85851 wrote:
simons3z wrote:
38394Z28 wrote:

if you remember, ask at automotions and i'll spill the secret Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.   go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

go big or go home, or it just breaks anyway.
Page 1 of 1