Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My slow ricer

Go down 
+11
Thunderballs
Disgustang
XSFTLBS
408 4 Eye
MikeyT
Mclovin23
Tusk
Bod89lx
Fuckin Schiller!!
overblown
HoosierDaddy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

My slow ricer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah the mustang dyno uses real road compensation, assuming the shop has that enabled. This shop does have it enabled. As the car builds speed, it's loaded even more, matching what happens on the road. 3rd or 4th gear, it shouldn't be much difference.
Usually you want to run in the gear that's closest to 1:1
On my car, 3rd gear is the closest 1:1 gear (tall gearing ftw)

I'm planning to do more pulls and simulate a 1/4 mile run on the dyno to check for knock.
I'll also do separate pulls in 3rd and 4th gear to compare the numbers Smile
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 pm

why didnt you ever get tuned on e85, those hybrid turbos like mine really seem to wake up when you throw some corn at em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:55 pm

My original plan was to run E85. Then I moved to Waukesha. Hardly any stations around.
Plus, I take my car out to road courses regularly, and there are no E85 stations around. Considering I go through over a tank of gas on track, I would need to bring 30 gallons of E85 to the track, which is more hassle than it's worth for me right now, since I'm renting and no good place to store a bunch of fuel cans. lol

It's a bummer because our E85 tunes have turned out awesome on Clint's and Cody's car.
Back to top Go down
GGevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Great numbers. Sucks about the e85. I'm seeing quiet a bit of it around here in Madison now. Excited to get my tune in. That shop looks pretty legit. What's the next mod then?
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:30 pm

meth!! it smells better. lol
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:43 pm

th3franz wrote:
My original plan was to run E85. Then I moved to Waukesha. Hardly any stations around.
Plus, I take my car out to road courses regularly, and there are no E85 stations around. Considering I go through over a tank of gas on track, I would need to bring 30 gallons of E85 to the track, which is more hassle than it's worth for me right now, since I'm renting and no good place to store a bunch of fuel cans. lol

It's a bummer because our E85 tunes have turned out awesome on Clint's and Cody's car.

Yea for the type of racing you do I think running E85 would be extremely hard to keep the tank filled. I probably got about 5-7 mpg when I did that lapping day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Next mod is some brake ducts and then just having fun on-track making people go "wtf was that red thing"
Also one of my good friends agreed to let me co-drive his 400+ whp STI for track days. So that will be fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:40 am

I'm beginning to love subarus .Nice classy looking car, and nice numbers. Just did a Vf-39 swap on a WRX and the car is incredible vs. factory , hybrid subarus FTW!!!!!!!!!!!nice car
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:49 am

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
th3franz wrote:

Yea for the type of racing you do I think running E85 would be extremely hard to keep the tank filled. I probably got about 5-7 mpg when I did that lapping day.

That was at shawano right? Road America really sucks down the gas. haha I was getting 7 mpg there as Stage 2 on pump gas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My slow ricer   My slow ricer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My slow ricer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2