Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Subaru Nightmare

Go down 
+3
240sxguy
t0nyb0l0gna91
Disgustang
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:46 pm

My 04 STi likes to eat turbos. its on number 3 and im not sure why they keep grenading. the bearings keep going out. i know it has a knockoff hks bov. front mount i/c and it doesnt like to idle or run correct with the maf plugged in. i know its not the sensor ive put a couple brand new ones in and it doesnt change anything. i believe it may be out of calibration. i do not have a boost leak or a hole in my inlet pipe. im looking for input and a new turbo. let me know what you think and if you could help me out.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:58 pm

id check the oil flow to the turbo, and coolant if it has it, before id put another turbo on it.
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:23 pm

ya take the banjo bolt filters out if you havent already
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:58 pm

If the banjo bolt filter is clogged you aren't getting oil to the turbo. If the banjo bolt filter is clogged you may have some other problems though.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Yes what they said, id take the filter out of both the avcs and the turbo banjo bolt. Id probably also buy a stainless line for the turbo and change the oil as well. How many miles on the car?
Back to top Go down

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:08 pm

almost 100k Sad it sucks but its a car i go to work with everyday. i got the same answers on IWSTI.com and i have not looked at the banjo bolt filters. im going to put a 35r on it and hope everything works out. if not. another expensive mistake.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Jesus that would be another expensive mistake lol, If you need any help let me know I might be able to lend a hand
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:30 pm

If you do put a 35R on it, put an oil pressure gauge on the feed line to the turbo and make sure you have adequate pressure. Also make sure your return line isn't plugged up.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Don't put a 35R on it, fix the issue. with 100k on it its probably not a good idea to mod it especially when you have an with eating turbos. Next step with these cars is eating engines.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:55 pm

fuck it let him do it then we can all call him a retard for not checking what we told him next step is calling him little blackout
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:01 pm

brngrhd wrote:
next step is calling him little blackout

Thats what I thought when he said he was going to ignore all the advice and just throw a 35R on there
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Perhaps its getting too much oil pressure because there is no restrictor fitting in the feed? Just a thought. But like others said, check the banjo/oil lines before anything.

Also consider a turbo timer. If it is not water cooled and you are beating on the car and then shutting it off right away it you can damage the turbo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Subaru Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Nightmare   Subaru Nightmare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subaru Nightmare
Page 1 of 1