Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trans Go Ka Bang.

Go down 
+6
Disgustang
HoosierDaddy
Petes71cam
LLcoolJames
tatumrae
MikeyT
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:20 pm

So like always when things seem to finally be going good with my car, something breaks surprise surprise. Anyways the story is like this. Driving down the beltline sunday night in cruise my car decided to stutter. This led me to believe that something was fucked with the cruise control, yeah right like i could be that lucky. When i got the car home it was to dark to do shit so i waited until Monday to check into it at school(about 20 miles after the initial stutter. Come to find out the piece of shit had sprung a trans leak. Ha looks like I will be putting in a trans.

Hear are some pics of the fluid that i drained Monday after work.

Trans Go Ka Bang. IMAG0137

Trans Go Ka Bang. IMAG0138

Trans Go Ka Bang. IMAG0139
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 pm

uh oh, that isn't good! I'm sorry man! I know very little about Vw's. Are the tranny's weak?

Mike
Back to top Go down

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Well i have read alot about them taking upwards of 300hp and being beat to shit but i guess mine just couldn't handle it. This is my second vw trans that i have blown. but i wont know if its the same type of issue until i pull it out. hope to have the new one in by friday. so ill be sure to post more pictures and a slightly more detailed explanation as well.
Back to top Go down
tatumrae

tatumrae

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:56 pm

My tranny in my 2.slow went bad too. Just saying.
Back to top Go down

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Is it a Turbo 400?

Too soon, Steve?
Back to top Go down

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 pm

My Tranny went bad too! Check it out!

Trans Go Ka Bang. Shemal10

I'm just sayin.....
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:33 am

your second year at matc auto right? If so you should be about to do manual transmissions.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:58 am

Terminator wrote:

I'm just sayin.....

LMAO!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Yeah I'm in manual trans but no time to get it taken care of it there so I skipped class today and pulled the trans at work. Long story short the pin in the differential walked out and ate the case. I'll post pics later.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 pm

shitty dude. In for pics
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 pm

petes71cam wrote:
Terminator wrote:

I'm just sayin.....

LMAO!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:15 pm

only your second one? fucking pussy. im on my third in less then 20 miles
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Steve, wanna see who has had more in this year? Smile
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Damn it Dwight Smile
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:19 pm

trans per miles i bet i win, total you win.
Back to top Go down

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Tusk wrote:
Damn it Dwight Smile

Trans Go Ka Bang. Like-a10
Back to top Go down

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Well got the new trans put in and it drives and shifts smoothly. So that's good.

Now time for the pic of doom.

Trans Go Ka Bang. IMAG0142

My gut sank when i saw that fuckin diff. considering its a 750 part. but what can you do.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:03 pm

buy a good LSD and it won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:03 pm

oh and a new case....
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 pm

^ Ouch Smile
Back to top Go down

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 pm

That was a Peliqun LSD and i didn't pay for it so I'm not all that concerned. i was just hoping that it wasn't magic cock pony so i could put it in the donor trans.Bbut it looks like I'm going to have to get a new one. From what we could tell the retaining clip for the pin was never installed. which means that the previous owner either installed it himself and fucked it up or had a shop fuck it up for him. Either way I was lucky that it lasted that long.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 pm

well im sure it is an open diff and when you spin one tire that causes a lot of heat in the center pin and it locks on to the gears then breaks the pin that holds it in and starts walking out. walks out so far and blows the case up. min-vans had this problem for a few years come winter we would see trans leaking fluid and hole in the case.
Back to top Go down
Poncho Racing

Poncho Racing

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:52 pm

^ Yeah listen to this guy he knows all about wrecking transmission Laughing
Back to top Go down
MacGruber

MacGruber

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Depending on your power level and how much you beat on VW 02A/02J transmissions, they tend to get case flex where the pinion bearing presses into the back of the bellhousing. APTuning copied some canadian guy's design of it after he trashed 8 or 9 SQS gear sets @ 700whp in a Mk3 drag car.

Trans Go Ka Bang. 03082011001

Also: if he re-used the bearings when he put the diff in it, you could have had the pinion gear/shaft walking around inside the diff housing.

edit:

Another thing people fail to do when installing an LSD in these is to set proper endplay. Since most VW folk already spent their hard earned bucks on their Schmidt TH-Lines, they lack the proper funding and knowledge to shim the diff into place properly (avoiding premature bearing failure...)
Back to top Go down
MacGruber

MacGruber

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Watch your 3rd gear shifts too. 02A/02J transmissions tend to do this:

Trans Go Ka Bang. IMG_1124
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trans Go Ka Bang. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans Go Ka Bang.   Trans Go Ka Bang. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans Go Ka Bang.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next