Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy

Go down 
+6
240sxguy
XSFTLBS
HoosierDaddy
overblown
408 4 Eye
2jz-U-Ltr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Empty
PostSubject: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-25/gm-volt-is-target-of-formal-u-s-probe-after-two-more-batteries-catch-fire.html

General Motors Co. (GM)’s electric plug- in hybrid Chevrolet Volt is the subject of a U.S. safety probe after its lithium-ion batteries, supplied by LG Chem Ltd., caught fire in crash tests.

A Volt caught fire three weeks after a side-impact crash test May 12 while parked at a testing center in Wisconsin, leading regulators to conduct more tests. Volt battery packs were damaged in three more tests last week, causing two fires, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said yesterday in a statement on its website.

“The agency is concerned that damage to the Volt’s batteries as part of three tests that are explicitly designed to replicate real-world crash scenarios have resulted in fire,” NHTSA said in the statement.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:04 pm

But they're worth every penny!
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:59 pm

What a fail of a vehicle that thing has become.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:15 pm

It really sucks because it was promising and seemed well received by the blackouts of America unlike the Prius.

I wish everyone had cars that got 100mpg.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:40 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

I wish everyone had cars that got 100mpg.

Me too,

It would make up for my habits Laughing
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:09 pm

exactly
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

The "Blackouts" of America? The hell is that supposed to mean???
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:07 pm

YOU MAD? lol
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Really just because they burst in to flames? That's not THAT bad is it? Hell maybe it will burn up a few green freaks with them.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 pm

StrokedZ wrote:

It means that you are blackout and you love America, and that's good. You also instinctively hate foreign things like the prius and the lfa which is fine too. You either hate the Prius because of the people that drive it, the fact that it isn't that efficient or just because it's from toyota. All that is fine and there are A LOT of people out there like you, hence the Blackouts of America. The people that hate those cars are generally ignorant and then equate the prius with efficient cars and decide they hate all things fuel efficient and rebel by driving huge gas guzzling shit boxes just to commute in and diesels so they can blow smoke on all those fags in econo boxes.

Now here comes chevy with what is basically a little more efficient version of the prius and the blackouts of america love it because it says chevy on the front. People that normally would hate efficiency are now embracing it because this is efficiency from America. The Blackouts of America could now go buy a fuel efficient car and still be proud to be an American, which would lower national gas consumption and lower gas prices for everyone while leaving some good old fossil fuel for the weekend racing cars.

I hope they get these issues resolved and the Volt is a massive success.
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 pm

We could all get Fisker Carma's they get about 100mpg and have decent perfoance, and the wood trim comes from logs found on the bottom of lake Michigan, and they cost like 100k
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:
StrokedZ wrote:

It means that you are blackout and you love America, and that's good. You also instinctively hate foreign things like the prius and the lfa which is fine too. You either hate the Prius because of the people that drive it, the fact that it isn't that efficient or just because it's from toyota. All that is fine and there are A LOT of people out there like you, hence the Blackouts of America. The people that hate those cars are generally ignorant and then equate the prius with efficient cars and decide they hate all things fuel efficient and rebel by driving huge gas guzzling shit boxes just to commute in and diesels so they can blow smoke on all those fags in econo boxes.

Now here comes chevy with what is basically a little more efficient version of the prius and the blackouts of america love it because it says chevy on the front. People that normally would hate efficiency are now embracing it because this is efficiency from America. The Blackouts of America could now go buy a fuel efficient car and still be proud to be an American, which would lower national gas consumption and lower gas prices for everyone while leaving some good old fossil fuel for the weekend racing cars.

I hope they get these issues resolved and the Volt is a massive success.

Ah, I see. I hate the Prius for the three things that you mentioned, for sure. Plus it's butt ugly. Now the Volt, or lets say the Tesla, I actually like. But its not because of the manufacturers logo on the front. I don't instinctively hate anything Foreign, I just hate the choices people have made throughout the years that have made today's automotive industry produce boring ass cars. Like that fucking Corolla that I drove for a bit. But thats not limited to overseas vehicles, thats right here in the good 'ol US of A, in every single manufacturer. The reason I like the Volt over the other "fuel efficient" options is because it looks like a normal damn car, for the most part. It doesn't sport that Unique retarded styling that the others do that screams "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME! I DRIVE A CAR THAT I THINK SAVES THE PLANET AND I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS BECAUSE I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW PEOPLE I'M A HIPPEY FAG!!!!" I mean, make the damn car look normal, and I'd drive it. I don't need special attention because i drive a fuel efficient car.

Back on topic though, I always thought the Volt was WAY overdue. From what I'm reading, they crashed the thing, they let it sit (probably outside of their testing facility in a pen) and a couple of weeks later, it bursts into flame? Sounds a bit..... delayed. I wonder if any of the other cars with batteries like that have had similar problems, and if NOT, what they did differently. I agree with you though, once they get that issue fixed (and maybe drop the price a little) the volt will be a HUGE success. Just like if they made the prius look like a normal damn car, I'd consider buying one.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:03 pm

StrokedZ wrote:
I hate the Prius for the three things that you mentioned, for sure. Plus it's butt ugly. Now the Volt, or lets say the Tesla, I actually like.

Lol it's so predictable.

StrokedZ wrote:
"LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME! I DRIVE A CAR THAT I THINK SAVES THE PLANET AND I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS BECAUSE I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW PEOPLE I'M A HIPPEY FAG!!!!" I mean, make the damn car look normal, and I'd drive it. I don't need special attention because i drive a fuel efficient car.

No, you have a cutout and chrome wheels to say LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I DRIVE A CAR THAT WON'T SAVE THE PLANET AND I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS BECAUSE I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW PEOPLE I'M NOT A HIPPIE FAG.

When it comes right down to it, people are all the same with slightly different views.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:19 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

When it comes right down to it, people are all the same with slightly different views.

WRONG! People are all assholes. lol
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:28 pm

An american car manufacturer made a car that was electric and easy to recharge and was all set to go and then just got scrapped one day, probably because of bureaucratic bullshit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1

also, the prius looks the way it does for aerodynamics not so hippy's can say "look at me I'm a hippy."
So yes, you hate it just for not being AMERICAN.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:17 am

[quote="2jz-U-Ltr"]
StrokedZ wrote:

StrokedZ wrote:
"LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME! I DRIVE A CAR THAT I THINK SAVES THE PLANET AND I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS BECAUSE I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW PEOPLE I'M A HIPPEY FAG!!!!" I mean, make the damn car look normal, and I'd drive it. I don't need special attention because i drive a fuel efficient car.

No, you have a cutout and chrome wheels to say LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I DRIVE A CAR THAT WON'T SAVE THE PLANET AND I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS BECAUSE I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW PEOPLE I'M NOT A HIPPIE FAG.

Well....Rook to queen7 and..... Check fucking mate!

Mike

In all seriousness it doesn't surprise me. Same reason I usually don't buy the first model year of anything. Historically, issues arise.
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:03 am

StrokedZ wrote:
From what I'm reading, they crashed the thing, they let it sit (probably outside of their testing facility in a pen) and a couple of weeks later, it bursts into flame? Sounds a bit..... delayed

It just happened to 2 more of them durring the investigation. Chevrolet claims they arn't concerned about the Volt being unsafe, but if you own one they will give you a loaner car until the NHTSA gives its ruling, looks like its a good thing they only sold 5,000 of them.

It sucks for GM and for America that this is happening to the Volt, and no matter what the outcome of the investigation is, just like the Prius and the unintended acceleration scam (the guy was lying) and the (now fixed for 4 model years) GT-R trans problems, because of the news stories (that are being reported before the investigation is done) the Volt will be a joke for years, Chevrolet will probably have to re-design and re-name it before they get decent sales out of it.

Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:36 am

I did read that in an accident scenario GM dispatches a special team to disable batteries and things of that nature (I have no idea what they actually do) so the car is safe and stable. The cars that they crashed were just parked, and proper protocol wasn't followed.

I can't take these news reports at face value, we all know they can portray things just as they feel during that day.
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:38 am

^^ Thats because you can think, most people will see this on TV and decide never to buy a Volt.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:39 am

saucemaxx wrote:
^^ Thats because you can think, most people will see this on TV and decide never to buy a Volt.

Yeah, it's unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Ferraris start on fire from time to time, and people still buy those!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy   The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chevy Volt Sucks.......But You Knew That Because Of The Word Chevy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: