Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.

Go down 
+6
LLcoolJames
GGevoX
Petes71cam
STiedVR4Guy
Disgustang
Tusk
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Empty
PostSubject: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Anyone have any recommendations on a trans builder..... 4L65E. I'm not looking for a pissing match thread, just good information.

Sunday, it was shifting a bit odd from 2-3 / 3-2. I didn't think too much of it. During the week it was really slipping on the same shifts. Wednesday it was slipping in gear... on the way to class that evening it shifted REALLY weird and that was the end of 3rd and overdrive. I only have 1 and 2 now.

It goes in tomorrow to see if my extended warranty will cover it. It should, there is no reason why it shouldn't be covered, but I tend to freak out a bit with this kind of stuff.

If it is not covered, I need to take it somewhere decent. I don't think I wanna pay dealer prices for a trans job.

ALSO................... there is a slight chance that I may want to sell it. You know all about it and my OCD issues with it.

Any advise or offers are welcomed Smile
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 pm

I know a guy who does trans work.......
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:45 pm

brngrhd wrote:
I know a guy who does trans work.......

Move to thread killers!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:38 pm

No there is ATD that will be doing my th400. They did the th350 that's going in ky dads car. They do Meister trans work and did some for Don...... My dads th350 was about 600 with a new converter and mine should be about 450.....
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:28 am

steve.....450??? as in dollars? I think your gonna be in for a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:29 am

charlie said if there are no hard part problems and it is just a clutches seal and steals overhaul with a dyno test the cost is 450..... I'm sure something will pop up to make it more but......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 am

brngrhd wrote:
No there is ATD that will be doing my th400. They did the th350 that's going in ky dads car. They do Meister trans work and did some for Don...... My dads th350 was about 600 with a new converter and mine should be about 450.....

Didn't the trans you got from the co-op work?
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 1:37 pm

brngrhd wrote:
charlie said if there are no hard part problems and it is just a clutches seal and steals overhaul with a dyno test the cost is 450..... I'm sure something will pop up to make it more but......

Oh ok, I was gonna say mine cost just over 1500 with trans brake and without a converter.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Blue Knight wrote:
brngrhd wrote:

Didn't the trans you got from the co-op work?

yeah it seemed fine when dad went for a ride bu when we pulled the pan there was some stuff in it and rather then install it and pull it back out again dad said might as well spend the money to have it gone through now........
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Well it went to dealer yesterday and they confirmed there was no 3 or overdrive. They started the teardown. I just need to wait until the insurance adjuster can take a look at it and we'll go from there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Good luck. If it is not under warranty are you going to have them fix it or have it built?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:34 pm

I'm not too sure. Gonna cross that bridge when I get to it. Most likely repaired. Things are a little different and priorities have changed a bit since my separation. I'm also too concerned with this girl I've had a couple of dates with. She's flipping fantastic and fucking SMOKING hot Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:53 am

oh boy....... well let me know when you need to move your stuff again. Razz
Back to top Go down
GGevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Lulz

Priorites. Love em. Hah
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:30 pm

better buy a mustang. Bitches love mustangs
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 am

Might have too. I think I got dumped tonight Sad Bleh, I truly hate people. Fuck 'em Smile
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:38 am

Quote :
Bleh, I truly hate people. Fuck 'em

life's a bitch man. Shit like that seems to always happen, just gotta make the best of it.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:53 am

Tusk wrote:
Might have too. I think I got dumped tonight Sad Bleh, I truly hate people. Fuck 'em Smile

wow, what a fucking cunt...Well look at it this way , at least she dumped you before you had to buy her a Christmas gift or something.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 am

MikeyT wrote:
Tusk wrote:

wow, what a fucking cunt...Well look at it this way , at least she dumped you before you had to buy her a Christmas gift or something.

Mike

Generally I'd say this, but this one is diferent.... far from it. Without getting into it, I think she is just a bit scared. We're both quiet and shy. We have since planned another date, but we'll see. I hope she comes around.

So, if any of you have some single friends that aren't 12, send 'em my way Wink I still hate people....
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 pm

if you have any single friends that are twelve send them my way...
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Well, 3-4 clutch packs are gone along with "some other internal transmission parts". I'm suppose to have it back by Friday. Woot!
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Sounds familiar..... Good luck with it man!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm

I have lots of single friends......have you met peter and tye? LOL
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:07 pm

I've been waiting for you to introduce me on that level. I knew you had the hookup Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.   Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tusk's long awaited rant.... smoked transmission.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: