Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area

Go down 
+9
ma70tt
tim85851
MikeyT
Mclovin23
Blown91LX
Disgustang
LLcoolJames
2jz-U-Ltr
STiedVR4Guy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Empty
PostSubject: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Hello I'm new to the site and the car scene since all I've owned for the last 15 years has been trucks and just purchased an 08 MS3 from my friends brother out of TN for a play car and to save some money on dumping diesel into my D-max all the time. Looking for some pointers from other MS3 owners in the area (Madison) and other car enthusiast. Yes I have been reading all of the Mazda forums (mazdaspeed & mazda247) and getting a shit ton of ideas and learning a lot about the cars, but It's always good to see things first hand on other cars as well as you just never know about the BS some people put on line.
As for the my car right now it has:
Cobb AP Tuner
HP Fueling pump update
TRZ rear motor mount
TorboXS+mid pipe with both cats removed
Rota torque 18X8 rims

I'm going to do the the intake first but can't decide between the Corksport power series SRI set up or Cobb SRI / plus turbo inlet pipe. The Cobb stuff seems to be a little more expensive than the CS but they both seem to be quality products. Your thoughts? Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Welcome,

Not sure if there is anyone else who still owns one but Peaches had a fun time with one until it exploded. He might be able to help you.

only advise I can give is make sure it gets tuned properly after modding it.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Welcome.

Make sure you tune that fucker every single time you add or remove anything. Ask me how I know. Then watch both the videos below from my failspeed 3.

I have a turboxs intake around here somewhere with a k&n filter I'd let go pretty cheap if you're interested. I think I have a triple gauge pod too.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:07 pm

welcome guy
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Welcome. Is the truck stock?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:36 pm

NO she's been tweeked:
Kennedy Diesel 2- stage tune
full 4" cold air intake
updated turbo inlet
EGR blocked
PCV reroute so it's not recycled back through the turbo
4" SS BRMP exhaust with cat deletion pipe
Kennedy Diesel lift pumps
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Nice. Ever dyno it?
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:00 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:00 am

Welcome to the site

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:51 am

Welcome.

pic's of d-max?
Back to top Go down
tim85851
Legit
tim85851

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:38 am

welcome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:49 am

welcome. MS3's can be a real quick car if you do it right
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:57 pm

welcome & much more interested in the truck/post up some pics & such.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Welcome, trucks are gay
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Welcome, who tuned your ms3?
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:02 pm

I just saw that we took a speed 6 in on trade.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:35 pm

The tune on the car right now is just what you can down load from Cobb Tuning stage 2 set up. Just trying to deiced on the full Cobb intake or Corksport.

As for the truck I never got it Dyno'd since it's my daily drive and I still need to finish the lift pump install as well. I'll have to take some pictures of the truck tomorrow and get them posted as well. I never know people would be more interested in my truck than the car! LOL
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Truck is probably faster. Lol
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 pm

edge_232 wrote:

As for the truck I never got it Dyno'd since it's my daily drive and I still need to finish the lift pump install as well. I'll have to take some pictures of the truck tomorrow and get them posted as well. I never know people would be more interested in my truck than the car! LOL

the truck is just cooler Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:54 pm

and it's a 4x4 rabbit
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:05 am

rollin cooaaalllllllll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Trucks are bad ass.

u've got a couple of us hick on here....

but we're USUALLY pretty open 2 anything. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area   New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the site and the MS3 game in the Madison area
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next