Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cobb Tuneing or Corksport

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Cobb Tuneing or Corksport Empty
PostSubject: Cobb Tuneing or Corksport   Cobb Tuneing or Corksport Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Looking to get a cold air SRI / turbo inlet pipe for my 08 MS3 and I've done all the research on both companies and both products. No bad responses on either one except that the Cobb set up would be about $80 bucks more. Cobb has down loadable maps for both set ups so that's not an issue either. So does anyone out there have a thought or used either of these?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Cobb Tuneing or Corksport   Cobb Tuneing or Corksport Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:48 pm

I ran a turboxs cai instead of the cobb because I did not like that it mounted to the strut tower and has issues with the mount breaking due to engine movement. The turboxs mounts to the transmission which moves with the motor and avoids these issues. I have it for sale on the mazdaspeed forums for 75 bucks but if you want to pick it up you can have it for 60. Comes with k&n filter and recharge kit.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Cobb Tuneing or Corksport   Cobb Tuneing or Corksport Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Dam good deal...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobb Tuneing or Corksport   Cobb Tuneing or Corksport Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:48 pm

really late reply here but i just signed up today. what did u end up buying? i have the corksport SRI (not the cold air) and turbo inlet setup with the cobb AP tune for it and i like it so far. i put up some good numbers on the dyno too so i know it isnt hurting anything lol. happy to see another speed in town though. However if you still have that turboXS CAI for sale i will definately take it off your hands.
Back to top Go down
FenixTX717

FenixTX717

PostSubject: Re: Cobb Tuneing or Corksport   Cobb Tuneing or Corksport Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 pm

I kinda wish I still had my MS3 though I wouldn't give up the Evo by any means. The MS3 was definitely a fun car and pretty easy to work on.

I had the turbo inlet and a MS3 CAI, with a test-pipe back exhaust. Loved the sound and made good power, just wish I had the Cobb AP to tune it.

If you are interested I still have a Turbo XS down pipe I'd sell cheap. It's just taking up space in my garage and I bought it and never got a chance to put it on before a drunk driver totaled it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.widsm.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobb Tuneing or Corksport   Cobb Tuneing or Corksport Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobb Tuneing or Corksport
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: