Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada

Go down 
+3
LLcoolJames
XSFTLBS
2jz-U-Ltr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Xlarge

Since the greater Las Vegas area only has a copy of Paris, New York, Venice, and alien-occupied ancient Egypt, it's still a good ways away from having a copy of all of Earth's good stuff. Luckily, Bruton Smith, CEO of Speedway Motorsports, is working to fix that, starting with a copy of the Nürburgring.

In this interview on Sirius XM Sports, Smith reveals that he's been talking to "some Germans" about the possibility of creating an exact duplicate of the Nürburgring in Nevada, likely 10 or so miles away from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Smith is very confident he can produce an exact replica, and has been talking to both the Governor and the Nevada Bureau of Land Management, who he's hoping will donate 8,000 acres of land for the project. And why wouldn't they? Nevada has plenty of open dirt without any Nürburgrings at all— this could take care of that situation.

The Nevada 'Ring wouldn't be used for racing, just test track use, though individuals as well as manufacturers could use it.

So what you're saying is that I could be a four hour drive from the Nürburgring, and then moments from $4.99 lobster and the loosest slots in town? Yes, please.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:41 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

So what you're saying is that I could be a four hour drive from the Nürburgring, and then moments from $4.99 lobster and the loosest slots in town? Yes, please.

Loosest sloots*
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:35 pm

wow if this comes to be I will hopefully be taking a road trip if our country doesn't go to hell before then!
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:58 pm

I'm in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:34 pm

Yet one more reason to go to vegas. As if we needed more!
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:53 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

Good luck finding $4.99 lobster. Food was expensive as fuck when I was out there last spring. No cheap buffets either.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:15 pm

roguestatus wrote:
2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

Good luck finding $4.99 lobster. Food was expensive as fuck when I was out there last spring. No cheap buffets either.

You don't need luck. You just need to know where to go. That goes for drinks too. Noobs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Drinks were easy. I sat at a craps table and drank for free. I also don't really think 4.99 lobster sounds all that good anyways....
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Dude when I used to go I would always stop at the showboat and get 1.99 all you can eat breakfast. The food deals are out there if you go to the right places.

But yeah man, cheap seafood is suspect!
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Never been there..... I need to do that some day. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada   Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1