Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you giuys think?

Go down 
+11
t0nyb0l0gna91
347 LX
Petes71cam
soulcrusher
XSFTLBS
MacGruber
turbocripple
240sxguy
Disgustang
2jz-U-Ltr
MikeyT
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

What do you giuys think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 am

1969 Dodge Dart 440 built 727 with 4:10 gears 325 50 15 on back, 3200 lbs soaking wet.

opinions?

What do you giuys think? Ball_r11

What do you giuys think? Ballro10
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:21 am

The hood scoop is a bit mental but over all its bad ass and I've always loved those cars
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 am

Lol, I love how you put that! I do have to agree the scoop is a tad intense and sucks up small children I'm sure. The guy wants the bee straight up for it. Actually from near your old stomping grounds Peaches, upper state New York. Luckily the car is originally from Florida.

I am considering it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 am

Dollar for dollar your car is worth considerably more than a dart. He would have to put in a fair amount of cash.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:25 am

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:
Dollar for dollar your car is worth considerably more than a dart. He would have to put in a fair amount of cash.

Yes. I don't like buying out of state after dealing with the last two cars me and my dad have done It with
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 am

I almost reported that scoop as offensive content.

As for the car, I have no clue. Looks cool, but you have NO idea what's lurking under that paint either.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 am

To be honest Steve, your situation is one thing that really gives me pause. That and an 8 hour drive tug boating a car each way.

The scoop which is offensive actually has a lot of Mopar history behind it, just not my taste.

I appreciate this feedback and part of the reason I ask is I tend to lead with my heart sometimes instead of thinking about stuff objectively.

Mike
Back to top Go down
turbocripple
Legit
turbocripple

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 pm

The hood is a remake of the old factory 426 hemi dart isn't it? I think ours a neat trade if it id in good condition. Sites the guy have dyno numbers, time sips and build receipts?
Back to top Go down
MacGruber

MacGruber

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 pm

What do you giuys think? RMAA6902

As cool as it is, losing money is losing money, and that isn't even factoring in the drive.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:36 pm

2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

The dart was an awful car just like the neon was, trust me I owned one.

What do you giuys think? True-story

I say do what makes you happy. BUUUUT......

If it were me I'd keep the Bee.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:20 pm

turbocripple wrote:
The hood is a remake of the old factory 426 hemi dart isn't it? I think ours a neat trade if it id in good condition. Sites the guy have dyno numbers, time sips and build receipts?

You my friend, get a mopar shaped cookie for knowing that. In all seriousness David, I think you ask good questions. The motor has 5000 miles on it, now if those are 5000 milrs worth of spirited 1/4 mile romps, then it is less tasty then just tooling around to an from town.

I've seen the timeslips (that he claims) and it is a good honest 14 second car....

While I'll admit the big block Dart is my unicorn, I'm not sure I can pull myself to get it.

Miker
Back to top Go down
turbocripple
Legit
turbocripple

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm

With what you just said in mind,I would keep the bee, the dart isn't any numbers matching unicorn and it is almost 2 seconds slower than the bee. I would spray the bee and save yourself the possible disappointment and 16 hours of driving.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 pm

turbocripple wrote:
With what you just said in mind,I would keep the bee, the dart isn't any numbers matching unicorn and it is almost 2 seconds slower than the bee. I would spray the bee and save yourself the possible disappointment and 16 hours of driving.

I think he is fibbing about the 14 second slip.......
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm

[quote="StrokedZ"]
2jz-U-Ltr wrote:

The dart was an awful car just like the neon was, trust me I owned one.

I stand by what I said.

However if Mikey wants one then great, I just don't want to see you trade for a car that is of lessor value even if you do want it. Get cash on top!
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:17 am

I see everyone points and actually appreciate helping me think this out. To sum it up, a bee in the hand is worth more then a 440 dart in the bush,... or however stupid staying goes.

I talked the the guy tonight, and did some snooping. The guy doesn't have much for documentation other then the engine was built by Precision motors in Ct, which I know nothing about. It is a 10:1 motor with 509 cam ( a decent cam, but nothing revolutionary for mopars) manual brakes (good for the amount of vacuum produced by that cam), manual steering ( bad for the forearms, unless I want to look like popeye) He does have documentation on the tranny and stuff, not built bad, just not with parts I would use (TCI).

The thing that kind of concerned me tonight, is I looked up his post history. I just wanted to get a read on him as a member. Also to make sure their weren't any posts like "Hey my engine makes a funny noise what should I do?" luckily their was nothing like that on there. However, their were about fifteen different posts from him offering to trade this car. It just spooked me, and made me wonder why does he wants to get out from under this car so much

Maybe, I'm being paranoid, but something smells fishy.

Also for the record if true what he gave me for a time slip, it was fast, very fast.
Thanks all,

Mike

Back to top Go down
soulcrusher
Legit
soulcrusher

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 am

Whats the body like?
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:36 am

Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:37 am

Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Keep the Bee! And what is your version of "fast"?
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 pm

mid 10's

Mike
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:15 am

That Dart is awesome but like everyone else said make sure the trade is fair otherwise hold out and keep the bee!
Back to top Go down
soulcrusher
Legit
soulcrusher

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 pm

im not a mopar expert but if car goes mid 10s there is some money spent in the motor for sure. 410 for a street driver fine if your doing short driving but hiway runs for awhile you wont really like it.If a dart is what you want do it,if not then continue with the bee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
Vanilla Gorilla
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 am

Just give the bee some attention, you got a little guy to think about taking to shows. When I was a little dude I spent the majority of my summers touring different shows around the midwest from the back seat of my dad's A body 67 barracuda. Wish he would of had one of his B bodies toghether. As an A body owner I can tell you that comfort isn't there thing. And big cars going fast is always cooler than a paperweight. Maybe some day my guy does a bullet for you Very Happy Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Vanilla Gorilla wrote:
Just give the bee some attention, you got a little guy to think about taking to shows. When I was a little dude I spent the majority of my summers touring different shows around the midwest from the back seat of my dad's A body 67 barracuda. Wish he would of had one of his B bodies toghether. As an A body owner I can tell you that comfort isn't there thing. And big cars going fast is always cooler than a paperweight. Maybe some day my guy does a bullet for you Very Happy Twisted Evil

I like this advice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you giuys think?   What do you giuys think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you giuys think?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: