Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make Empty
PostSubject: Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make   Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 pm

So on top of replacing the entire valvetrain in the AFR heads, I'm looking at figuring out my compression ratio.

According to all the measurements that I have, the motor currently sits at 10.49:1 CR. This is with stock 53cc heads, .020 (in the hole) pistons, and I think a .041 head gasket.

The AFR heads are 65ccs.

If I angle mill the AFR's to 55ccs, and use a .026 thick head gasket, I'll be right at 10.7:1 CR. I can't find a steel shim that will work for the LT1... If I could find a .015 thick shim I could bump compression to 11:1......but I'm hesitant to run that thin of a gasket.

Has ANYONE hear bad or good things about Mr. Gasket MLS style gaskets? I found a set of 4.1 X 0.26 Mr. Gasket head gaskets for a real good price. I've only ever ran fel-pro or cometics. I know cometics would do the trick but 100 bucks a gasket is a bit steep, and the finish on the deck and heads has to be just right in order to get them to seal.

Hopefully I get this pig done by Automotion LOL
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make   Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Okay, never mind. I'm going with custom made cometics. Should be interesting.

Fuck me I'm confused right now LOL
Back to top Go down
Blackmount
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make   Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:10 pm

I've never done anything with v8's but I've never stepped outside of Felpro/Cometic with any of the engines I've ever built.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make   Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheww.... Lots to do, decisions to make
Page 1 of 1