Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shop to do a Cam swap?

Go down 
+8
OJDAJUICEMAN
408 4 Eye
MikeyT
JamesZ28
Overboosting
Rac3c4r
mdanielp
XSFTLBS
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

Shop to do a Cam swap? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shop to do a Cam swap?   Shop to do a Cam swap? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:58 pm

intake valve open? ABDC divided by 2, plus any ground in advance then subtract 180 gives you your number to enter into the wallace racing calculator.  Matts dynamic compression on his TA is 7.8 and mine is 8.4.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Shop to do a Cam swap?   Shop to do a Cam swap? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Kevin, I'm coming up with about 7.4 dynamic for you, does that seem right?  Thats not awesome but its not the worst thing in the world either.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Shop to do a Cam swap?   Shop to do a Cam swap? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:59 pm

It seems  around the ballpark at least.  It might be a smidge lower than that.

Lloyd Elliot says that the LSA is a bit much for the compression, he'd only go as far as about 110.  The GM847 isn't exactly the best cam for nitrous anyways, wheras the Lloyd Elliot grind should respond well to a decent sized shot.  It should bring that dynamic compression ratio back up too.  I'm excited to take it to the track this Sunday, so I can see where its at.  I'm most interested in my trap speed.  That should be a better indicator of how much power the car makes than the dyno numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop to do a Cam swap?   Shop to do a Cam swap? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shop to do a Cam swap?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2