Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blackmage
Legit

Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Empty
PostSubject: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 am

When I bought the AR the rims were curb checked to all hell. The face of the spokes had deep gouges taken out of them and the coating was basically gone on most of the wheels. Instead of buying a new set of wheels, i spent the day on saturday cleaning them up and painting them. Turned out rather nicely.

Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zpsad37ae4e
Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zpsa3627289
Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zpsaf29cf1e
Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zps0dd35171

Sanded down the wheels with 320, layed down some bondo on the deeper gashes, knocked all that down, then eventually hit everything with 1500.

Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zps51c673d1
Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zps5eb935e0
Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zpsf2bc011f

Didn't have the tool to take the bolts out, so i left them in and just taped them off best as i could. I used Rustoleum hammered look, silver. I've had great success with this stuff sticking and being really resilient to chipping and cracking when used on some steels wheels i had. Ended up matching the original color pretty well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to paint the center caps at all, and I didn't.

Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zpscd7ca90b
Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zps0883495e
Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Null_zpsc0d3a0a7
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:58 pm

That's an improvement. Nice job.
Back to top Go down
blackmage
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:05 pm

thanks dude
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:06 pm

You still enamored with that car?
Back to top Go down
blackmage
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 pm

love it. having some boost leak issues im thinking right now, but all in all, im happy with purchasing it.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Glad to hear it.
Back to top Go down
blackmage
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:15 pm

I see you bumped your 240 thread, sad day. You more serious about trying to sell it now?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Yeah, I have very mixed emotions about selling it. If I can come to a reasonable deal with someone it's going to go though. I put maybe 300 miles on it in three years. It's fast and fun, but it's time for a change. I definitely won't buy another project. I just don't have the time.
Back to top Go down
MacGruber

MacGruber

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:14 pm

blackmage wrote:
love it.  having some boost leak issues im thinking right now, but all in all, im happy with purchasing it.

Check for cracks in the small 1/16" hoses from the intake. Those fabric coated hoses tend to hide cracking very well.
Back to top Go down
blackmage
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:27 pm

jiggle_billy wrote:
blackmage wrote:
love it.  having some boost leak issues im thinking right now, but all in all, im happy with purchasing it.

Check for cracks in the small 1/16" hoses from the intake. Those fabric coated hoses tend to hide cracking very well.

Thanks, ill check them out when it quits rainin up here. When I threw the boost gauge in to check things, I could tell those lines were pretty fragile, falling apart in my hands. Would I need to pull the intake to get to where the rest of the line goes?
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Good job looks good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes   Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixed and painted the AR's double spokes
Page 1 of 1