Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm about to give up. I need help.

Go down 
+8
cletus
kthxbai
Bod89lx
LLcoolJames
Blown91LX
240sxguy
Disgustang
XSFTLBS
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:18 pm

That IS a possibility, considering something in the ignition may be flakey. I also still think I may be off a tooth on Cam timing. That would also help it to build boost in neutral, especially if it was one tooth retarded.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Willie hit the nail on the head, 15psi of boost in neutral indicates a major problem. I know guys with antilag who don't make that much.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey Lilwillie:

Are you going to be around saturday morning? I'm going back over to My buddie Aaron's to re-set the Timing with the stock timing gear. If you are going to be around about 11 or 12 I caould be out there. I'm going to be working on the timing at about 10:00 AM or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:04 am

Blackout wrote:
Hey Lilwillie:

Are you going to be around saturday morning? I'm going back over to My buddie Aaron's to re-set the Timing with the stock timing gear. If you are going to be around about 11 or 12 I caould be out there. I'm going to be working on the timing at about 10:00 AM or so.

No, never around on Saturdays or Sundays. Finding me on a weekend will take a Dog with a good nose for Miller Lite.

That morning I've got two soccer games to coach Saturday morning then take my boys to a fishing event in town if we can manage to get the games done on time.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 am

What's the fishing event?
Back to top Go down
cletus
Legit
cletus

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 am

forgive my ignorance. does your distributor have an "igniter" ? have you swapped that out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bossandsons.com

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:35 am

cletus wrote:
forgive my ignorance. does your distributor have an "igniter" ? have you swapped that out?

I have some spares if you need one:

I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Thumbn11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm

kthxbai wrote:
What's the fishing event?

Lake Marion, they have free fishing for kids from 9am-2pm and the kids get free fishing pools. Doubt I'll make it in time since our Soccer is around 10:30....

Tomorrow is opening day of Trout season, so you'll see tons of car parked along county and highway roads.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:07 pm

lilwillie wrote:
Blackout wrote:
Hey Lilwillie:

No, never around on Saturdays or Sundays. Finding me on a weekend will take a Dog with a good nose for Miller Lite.

That morning I've got two soccer games to coach Saturday morning then take my boys to a fishing event in town if we can manage to get the games done on time.

What days would you be available this week? I am pretty much available whenever this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:45 am

Blackout wrote:
lilwillie wrote:
Blackout wrote:
Hey Lilwillie:

What days would you be available this week? I am pretty much available whenever this week.

Wednesday for sure.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:52 pm

I can be out there on wednsday.

Where is the shop, and what time do you want me there??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Blackout wrote:

510 Emily road, google it, you'll see it is pretty fast and easy to get to from Hwy 14. Anytime in the afternoon is fine, I'd like to be out of there by 6:30-7pm for sure, so well before that if it works for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Blackout wrote:

Just checking if you are coming this way. Be in and out running some errands (fucking off) so you might only find my Dad there, don't worry, he doesn't bite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks for stopping out! Car is very cool. Let me know how things work out once parts are on it!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:40 pm

so what was the diag DR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:23 pm

brngrhd wrote:
so what was the diag DR

PIP (hall effect) in the dist was dropping low, checked its freq and it was dumping down below 30Hz, suppose to be between 30Hz and 45Hz at idle. Every once in awhile, when it missed, the pickup was just slightly dropping down to 28/26 Hz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:25 pm

english please, lol. i got a lot to learn
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Pip Was gonna be my guess too! I would have called the hall sensor though. Not sure if they are the same?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:29 pm

doyle09 wrote:
english please, lol. i got a lot to learn

The signal in the distributor is skipping a beat, causing the miss.

When the hall effect spins it basically gets a signal off the stationary point and that tells the rotor to fire. You can see the signal as a Hz or Hertz signal with a oscilloscope and then you know if the signal is strong enough to fire properly.

If it is weak, then the signal could be slightly delayed and cause the miss he is feeling. I'd ass-u-me that with a stock engine, you wouldn't be very bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:32 pm

408 4 Eye wrote:
Pip Was gonna be my guess too! I would have called the hall sensor though. Not sure if they are the same?

basically the same. The hall effect on Ford sends the signal through the module to the ECU then the ecu sends it back saying it is ok and ready to fire.

Which is why the ECU threw a Code 14, PIP signal erratic. That wasn't a constant code, it was a memory code that some scan tools don't record. It was a nice chance to break out the old Red Brick Snappy scanner for a Ford. Funny how the old scan tool works better than the newer ones do on older cars.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:34 pm

So what is the fix for this? New dizzy?

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:38 pm

and the best bet is to replace the Dist instead of just installing a hall effect. The older they get the looser they get.

Yup, Mike, I didn't mention that. Just better to throw a new Dist in and be done. There are so many other issues that the old thing could have it is better to have a good, tight unit.

Last edited by lilwillie on Wed May 12, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:39 pm

MSD here we come!!!

Mike
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:05 am

LOL Thanks for the extra set of eyes man!

I'm going to try to find a motorcraft unit.

BY THE WAY Lilwillie......

According to the info I looked up, the signal from the PIP should be between 45 and 55Hz. If those numbers are correct, It is WAY fucked. I'm going to locate the parts, and put them in this week. Cross you fingers people!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:52 am

Blackout wrote:
LOL Thanks for the extra set of eyes man!

I'm going to try to find a motorcraft unit.

BY THE WAY Lilwillie......

According to the info I looked up, the signal from the PIP should be between 45 and 55Hz. If those numbers are correct, It is WAY fucked. I'm going to locate the parts, and put them in this week. Cross you fingers people!!!!!

Cool, then you know it is plain failed, not borderline. I wonder if they frequency for a turbo car is suppose to be higher? The Vantage loaded info for a 4cyl T-Bird, it didn't ask if it was a Turbo car or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm about to give up. I need help.   I'm about to give up.  I need help. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm about to give up. I need help.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next