Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New developments with the bird

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

New developments with the bird Empty
PostSubject: New developments with the bird   New developments with the bird Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:30 am

Hello,

I made some significant progress with the Bird, so I thought I'd let you guys know.

The air meter that I have is flapping, causing the A/F ratio to go all over the place. i tried adjusting it, but it didnt work too well. I set it back to where it was and put in a Moates chip so i could have the computer read the average signal instead of a direct signal. I can tell it cleaned up what the computer is seeing quite a bit, as i don't have as much hiccuping when the door on the air meter bounces. I put a known good air meter on it and even though it still bounced, it wasn't as bad as the replacement I had. I have another good air meter on its way as we speak. I finally got the car to idle relatively nice.... but with the cam I have installed, its going to be a bit rough. I finally had the O2 bung installed (thanks Nate) and now I can monitor the A/F ratio. The car idles and cruises at the correct AFR, but while boosting it goes into the 10's fairly soon and pegs out at 9.6 under WOT and 20PSI. Because it adds so much fuel, I build boost and not a lot of power until I get almost full boost, and then the car pulls like a freight train. I still ahve to work on that a bit.

Anyways, After I get it running right, its on to sruts and the c&c plates..... and then it will be on the road.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: New developments with the bird   New developments with the bird Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:50 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: New developments with the bird   New developments with the bird Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:53 pm

lmk know if ya need roller time to simplify getting that afr tuned
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New developments with the bird   New developments with the bird Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Good to hear.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: New developments with the bird   New developments with the bird Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow, I know you've been battling it for a long time! Nice to see you have some progress.
Mike
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: New developments with the bird   New developments with the bird Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:50 pm

LOL One step forward, and about 5 back. FML.

I found out today that I likely have weak valve springs, causing the lifters to pump up with the more aggressive cam. I need to change out valve springs now.......... Oh well, its only about the 5TH TIME ive had the valve cover off.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New developments with the bird   New developments with the bird Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New developments with the bird
Page 1 of 1