Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a state of mind...

Go down 
+11
ma70tt
408 4 Eye
JDMasfck
OJDAJUICEMAN
kthxbai
240sxguy
Disgustang
Blown91LX
STiedVR4Guy
Mclovin23
MikeyT
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:41 am

I've been thinking about this site a lot lately and to be honest I've got mixed feelings. For one, I really like the influx of new people from Janesville, and those guys we picked up from automotion. Its brought in some really cool cars and fun discussions. This being said a lot of the good feelings are destroyed by hostility and intolerance. Lets swithc gears for a bit. Lets not focus on what we don't like about other brands, but tell me about you!

Take a moment think about what you love about your car? Why do you love it? Why is it more then vehicle to you? Now share that feeling.

Mike

Oh for the record...

I for one love my 70 Coronet. I love it because its unique, fast enough for me, and sounds good. Oh it also has a back seat that is comfortable bed in need! The reason its more then a car to me is because I remember all the good times, and bad times we had putting it back together. I have made some great friendships through that car and it stands as a tribute to a lot of hard work.

Lets hear it folks?
Back to top Go down

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:49 am

not a touchy, feely, rainbows and butterflies thread. this is a car guy web site, car guys dont share thier feelings
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 am

Yes they do! I worked adult psychiatry for 7 years and I can tell you I met more "touchy feely" blue color types who were pretty good at telling people how they felt. it just means taking a risk to do it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:54 am

if you dont want to do it then dont waste our time twisted
Back to top Go down

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:59 am

Mclovin23 wrote:
if you dont want to do it then dont waste our time twisted
was that truly necessary? tell me how you feel about this
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:01 am

Its ok, twisted, you don't have to do it, but read along you might be willing after a few talk.

mike.
Back to top Go down

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 am

i love my car because everyone hates it. its a neon. lol

but in all seriousness, my first decent car, was a neon. it became comfortable to me. so when it came to buying a nicer car, the srt seemed to be the right choice. The fact i stumbled on the r/t was just chance. Why i say it was comforable to me was through high school ( when i got the neon ) i had the means to buy and sell a decent number of cars. just about all of them were magic cock pony. but it was a lot of fun. buy a car, tinker, get bored, and sell it. and the neon was always there if one of them broke down. now the last junker i bought was a 94 N/A Talon. i got my ass burned on that one.

Which is why i'm kinda mullin around the idea of getting rid of the neon to get another dsm. i've always liked em. got really good street potential. but idk.

and the bel air....well its a bel air. gotta love it.

.............end me sounding like a homo
Back to top Go down

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:05 am

the thing is i dont have emotions about cars, if i have five days with a car or five years it doesnt matter, once one project is done sell it and move onto the next
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:12 am

Nothing wrong with that, so for you cars don't have the same nostalgia feel as it does for me. This isn't wrong or right, it's just who you are, which is kind of why I made the post.

Vic, totally understand your love of neon's. Also, I agre the bel air is cool

mike
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:13 am

twistedpower wrote:
the thing is i dont have emotions about cars, if i have five days with a car or five years it doesnt matter, once one project is done sell it and move onto the next

If you don't want to participate no one is forcing you, kindly keep silent and read if you wish, otherwise you can just click on the thread and click off of it to mark read. Anyways back to the topic.

I like my car because I like pushing it to the limits in all types of weather and corners to see how far I can take it before it lets go. Winter was a blast for me and there are a few who can vouch for my crazyness while driving. I may not have the fastest car in a strait line but thats ok with me. some will spend money on drag slicks I spent it on snow tires. I have friends with a pretty wide range of cars and they are all very interesting in their own way so I try not to be bias towards anything until I have experienced it.
Back to top Go down

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:39 am

I love my car because parts are a dime a dozen.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:52 am

Im with mt on this one. When i started looking for a car i didnt have a plan. I just new i wanted something sporty. I took a camaro or two on test drives, even looked at a 240sx. Then i started looking at stangs. The aftermarket support for them is huge. So i picked my car up and went to town. Here we are 12 years later. It must be love.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:07 am

Thanks guys.....

I love the nova thus far because the body is straight is has so so power but mostly i have wanted one since i can remember this one seems to be pretty nice. The vette was the first car i really build i had always spent my time and money on our TDW pulling truck. when we quit that i needed something to do. yeah i played around with other stuff including my pt cruiser that went 12.3@116 but the vette was the first car that i built from the ground up. the nova will be a project. I'm going more for a fast street car with this one. tall gears so i can drive it find some power some place and have fun.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:13 am

I have a love hate relationship with my car. Now that I don't daily drive it.. mostly love.

I chose my particular platform because I liked the body style and RWD, that is about the only reason. I have been on the Nissan scene since I could drive, my first car that I owned was a 240z that I restored. Long story but life, and money got in the way and it had to get sold/parted. I still get a pit in my stomach about that thing to this day.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:46 am

I hate my car.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 am

kthxbai wrote:
I hate my car.

ok if that is how you feel tell us why you hate your car and what you want in your dream car
Back to top Go down

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 am

I have always liked/loved the GM G-Body cars(Monte,GP,Regal,Cutlass) These are the cars I grew up with. When I was in highschool it was a Monte Carlo SS & G-Body craze. At one time there were 10 SS's, 2 442's, 1 regular Regal, & 3 regular Cutlass's sitting in the parking lot my senior year.

I never had one until after I graduated & worked for a couple years & could afford a nice one (SS that is) Mommy & Daddy didn't/wouldn't buy me one like alot of the other spoiled fucks.

I'm on my 4th G-body now (2 SS's, 1 Cutlass, 1 Regal) & it's my dream car. I have always wanted a TurboBuick, a Grand National to be specific ever since getting a ride in one 15 years ago. My closest friends know I've always wanted a GN, and one in particular has always said to "keep dreaming, you'll never own one of them". Well to him, I hold up a one finger salute now.Very Happy

I own it 1st and foremost because of my love for them. 2nd of all because of the history behind them. 3rd the reputation they carry. 4th not everyone has one. I enjoy being at car shows & hearing people say "Holy shit!!.... it's a Grand National!! And it's even better when Moparkid & me are parked together and you hear someone say "Wow two GN's!!" Cool

What I don't like about my car is when Jim-Bob compliments me on my nice Monte Carlo Evil or Very Mad and then proceeds to tell me all about how his cousin Cletus used to have one back in the day, but it didn't have the tiny V6, it had the big V8 with a four-barrel and headers Rolling Eyes

I guess this kinda goes back to the thread about "tuners" and why todays generation likes them. It's what they know.

P.S. Mikey T........ great topic.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:40 am

brngrhd wrote:
kthxbai wrote:
I hate my car.

ok if that is how you feel tell us why you hate your car and what you want in your dream car

It doesn't like taking long walks on the beach. I was a little disappointed when I found that out after the fact that I bought it on a 5 year loan.

My true dream car should LOVE to take long walks on the beach almost every day.

Attainable dream car: STI wago
Back to top Go down

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:41 am

I'm comfortable with my sexuality feelings, so I'll share.

Since I can remember, all I ever wanted to have was a bad ass car. In my hometown, everyone drove rusty jun k or trucks. I wanted something that was sporty, nice lines, and fast. There were only a handful of actual dudes with cool cars in school - Myself, Terminator, our friend Lucas with his '79 Trans Am (301 n/a), and another jock with a shitty '65 mustang. Though my car was only a 305HO Monte SS, to me it was the cats ass. For the first time in my life, hot chicks were talking to me. Mostly because of the car I had, but I was still enjoying the attention.

By the time I was out of high school a couple years, I had HOT, younger (legal) girls' attention. Your own apartment and a '68 Charger R/T will do that I guess Very Happy I enjoyed all the play that came with it, because for once I was now somewhat popular. I had become the man I wanted to be, the guy that hangs with hot girls and has cool cars.

Oh yeah, I'm sure I mentioned somewhere else that all I ever wanted was to have my very own '68-'70 Charger, and I ended up with two.

It's been a good life Smile
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 am

Let me start by saying, i never thought i would own a mustang. I talked more shit about them then anyone i knew lol. All the guys with two valves that thought they were the shit really turned me off about them. Didnt really know much about the 3 or 4 valve stuff but when the 05's came out i really liked the body style. My needs were a car with a good rear end, decent interior, manual, easy to work on (i have had cars that werent and its no fun anymore), domestic rwd v8. oh and 15K or less. the mustang happen to fit that bill perfectly.

my car isnt as fast as i pictured it would be by now in a straight line but its ok. but what a lot of people dont know is my car is based on the newer jaguar chassis and its a fantastic chassis. its more ridgid than a sn95 mustang with a full cage! this car drives and feels like nothing i have ever driven. its a stick axle car but ford really did a good job making it handle well. it has a high limit and its not scary at the limit and it has very predictable handling.

its got a bitchin stereo too but that was just a perk. but i guess, my car needs to do a lot more than straight line and my car does exactly that. awesome platform thats super fun to drive and makes me hapy everytime i drive it.
Back to top Go down
JDMasfck
Legit
JDMasfck

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:30 am

I like my ITR because you don't seen them that often and very very rarely in WI, and I know everything about it, so I can do all the work myself, plus it's a cornering machine that most other cars can't hang with.. ( other than David )

Oh and it's a hondah!!

Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:12 pm

I didnt really want a FOXBODY! cause there are sooo many out there. But my dad bought this car when I was 10 years old. When it became available, I couldnt think of letting one of my friends ( or someone I didnt know ) Molest it. I have owned it for over 8 years now and now that it is running again, my kids are already talking about the day that it will be theirs! I dont see that happening lol, but its the thought that counts.
Back to top Go down

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Ah..the love i have for my car...
Its great, the feel of the cam, the rumble of the exhaust at 5 am and pissin off the neighbors, the sound i t makes when the 4 barrels kick in. I have had many cars (37) i think and from spectrum to the other...But i wanted a clean G-body since my buddy built his 79 malibu. But have had a mustang a older malibu...but none were truly higher hp cars. So..this is my very build. I have spent alot of money so far and im goin to enjoy emptying my pockets in days to come to make this the one that puts me on the map...Plus i love sittin and talkin about it as well as chattin with others about there experiences with cars and the joys and pains they have had too...

Great topic....

Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:37 pm

hmmm, i have a place in my heart for that old black '74 z28 of mine i guess. it all started when i was little, dad in the shop restoring '50's & '60's vettes, building street rods. running his '58 vette at the track & east wash back when i was 6 or so years old puttin a whoopin' on pretty much everything except a couple hemi cars as he recalls. all i remember is the song of that aluminum rod 327 leavin' the hole at 8k+ the noise of the m22 and how quick it went through the gears with the 5.13 gears & side pipes, nose in the air, it was absolute bliss. what locked it in was when he would pull up to school to pick me up sometimes. all the kids would be in total deafening awe as they felt inadaquate getting on a big yellow bus. i remember sitting on the hard fiberglass tunnel with only a view of the wonderbar and the velocity stacks, lining up at first street next to a big block late '60's vette alot like steves blue one, my dad's buddy willie in the passenger seat sayin' no fucking way. well the ol' man blew his doors off pulled a u'y an parked it right out front of octopus.

that night really sticks out 'cuz a big block blown vega wagon was out that night. it was black an parked right next to the '58. willie got his striping kit out and striped the vette right in the parking lot in front of 50+ people. must have been a '70's thing.

well when i turned 14 all i wanted was a z28 with a four speed and guess what, my grades were average and the ol' man said no way to anything cool. i had to pull the motor on this old mud/rust bucket k5 blazer and rebuid it with him an drive that before i could have anything. so we did that and at 15 1/2 i was driving the biggest piece of shit blazer on the planet with a fresh 350 and duals. god i hated that thing but i had bigger plans. there was a local '80 z28 that i always had my eye on but got sold off out of town when i was about 15 but i found it sitting in cambridge with an oil burning monza 262 v8 in it. $400 later and a push start it was mine. hid it from my parents in the church parking lot downtown marshall for at least a year/till that 262 popped & i needed help. dad said were moving to spring green in a week and you either swap the motor or it stays behind. so i hit an old ladys garage sale and bought her cherry '72 impala 2 door. pulled the motor, swapped it in an kept it for a few more years/till i found the '74. 5-6 motors & 20 years later i still have it plus alot more memories and cars along the way.

so many friends, girls, headaches, and lifes curveballs, wouldnt want it any other way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Lets see....

The first time I saw my car was at the Jefferson Swap meet in 2002. It was on the show field, and in real good shape. I had a thunderbird at that time and realized that I wanted mine to look like that one. Fast forward two years, My old blue t-bird still ran great, but the body was falling apart. I e-mailed my wife from Iraq to call the number on the little "for Sale" card i had picked up and saved from that swap meet. Turns out it was still owned by the same guy and it was still for sale! I love this car because it was the ONLY thing I bought myself after comming back from Iraq.... and its been a hobby since. I love that it turns like a slot car, and I also appreciate thaqt it doesnt sound like your typical 4 banger turbo. Working on this thing has been pretty theraputic.... its nice to go pick up some tools and wrench for hours on end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a state of mind... Empty
PostSubject: Re: a state of mind...   a state of mind... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a state of mind...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next