Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In need of some input

Go down 
+8
LLcoolJames
Fuckin Schiller!!
Disgustang
408 4 Eye
Blown91LX
Tusk
Srauls
kp116
12 posters
AuthorMessage

In need of some input Empty
PostSubject: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Hey guys, i'm still lookin at tires, i've got three brands picked out and was wondering if anyone had any input on them. They are, Hankook
Ventus V4 ES H105, Kumho Ecsta ASX, and General Exclaim UHP.
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Have you looked into yokohama s-drives at all? Those are some really nice tires for the price.
Back to top Go down
Srauls
Legit
Srauls

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Just installed the General Exclaim UHP's on mine two weeks ago. Real meaty tire and very quiet. Plus cant beat the price and they have a warranty of wearing 2/32's or more within a year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/srauls

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Just my .02 here, but Generals are magic cock pony. I see them on many new GM vehicles and no one gets any mileage out of them. I had a set of XP2000's back in the day and they were total shit also, lots of wear issues and they would never balance out good. I don't know much about the Hankook car tires, but I have a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's on my truck and they are hands down the best truck tire I've ever had. I've got 10k on a set and they still look brand new!!! I had a set of Kumho's on my IROC for a short period of time, I wasn't impressed with them and replaced them with BFG G-force TA's.

I hate to say this, but if you're looking for a street tire check out Fuzions or the Firestone Precision Sport. Otherwise I've always had good luck with anything from Uniroyal on cars also. Uniroyal and BFG is a sister company of Michelin Cool
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:03 pm

General Exclaim UHP were a big booner for a while on my GTO forum.... until people got other tires..... I never ran them, but not high on my list.

I really liked the BFG g-Force Sport on my old car for a cheaper tire. They replaced some Kumho Ecsta from back when. I was never really thrilled with the mid line Kumhos, cheap but so so performance.

My Nitto Invos aren't too bad, W rated with the ability to actually rotate them.

FWIW I'm getting Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs or a Nitto NT05 / NT05R combo next spring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:41 pm

i have hankook v102 or something like that. and i love them. they bite hard, but don't wear the best
Back to top Go down
Srauls
Legit
Srauls

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:56 pm

Generals are now made by Continental so their supposed to be alot better now. I needed tires bad and was on a very tight budget already so i figured id give these a shot. So far these are pretty good compared to my BFG G forces which lasted all of not even 15k.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/srauls

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:00 pm

I really liked my BFG g force tires.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Nitto 555's are a good tire. Fairly cheap to.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 pm

I like the M/t radials! you dont get many miles out of em though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:16 pm

andy V6 stang IIRC so i don't think he needs them. IMHO generals are j unk never had good luck with them. I am a bridgestone/firestone kind of guy had good luck with them.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 pm

kp116 wrote:
Have you looked into yokohama s-drives at all? Those are some really nice tires for the price.

I had a set of them and they perform incredibly well but I wore them out pretty quick (less than 15k).

I've always loved Bridgestone Potenzas. the RE760 Sports on my Subaru have held up really well for the way I drive it. about 15k on them and they still have 50% tread if not more and they were under $200 a piece for my 245/45R18. otherwise BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW's are great tires with a higher speed rating that were dirt cheap (under $90 a piece) last time I bought them for my 17" Mustang wheels.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:51 am

I have General AT2's on my truck, They look cool and have awesome grip but ive only got about ten thousand miles on them and the trads half gone.

I recommend Uniroyal tires on every thing i can at work, they wear well and are a great all around tire.

Conti's suck- nuff said
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:11 am

LLcoolJames wrote:
I have General AT2's on my truck, They look cool and have awesome grip but ive only got about ten thousand miles on them and the trads half gone.

I recommend Uniroyal tires on every thing i can at work, they wear well and are a great all around tire.

Conti's suck- nuff said

^^ amen to that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 am

I was the assistant store manager of west side Tires Plus for about 4 1/2 years (owned by Bridgestone). I had to quit selling that General UHP tire because of the balance issues, (I sold a LOT of wheel/tire packages), pretty much all continentals in general were bad about it. The Kumho has a lame tread pattern. I personally lean towards Bridgestone products, they make a good tire, so does BFG, but they tend to be a bit pricey. The Fuzion ZRI's (Bridgestone product), and the Yokohama ES100's are probably the ones I had the best luck out of, when selling all those wheel/tire packages. They always balanced out well, wore pretty decent, and didn't break the bank. Just my .02.......
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:53 am

My goat came with Potenza RE050As....... so not worth it for what they cost. That kind of turned me off of their mid line tires.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:49 am

Personally, my wife runs the kumho's on her mustang in the summer and has really liked them.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Imho...buy whatevers on sale and rotate them on a regular basis. I've have decent luck with all them.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Fuzion ZRi, around $110, 1.76 short time. nuff said.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:08 pm

the fuzions are great for the $$

they dont look bad either

In need of some input Trans
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:13 pm

3vs197 wrote:
Fuzion ZRi, around $110, 1.76 short time. nuff said.

Hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Fuzions on my 'vert and they've been great. Quiet, handle rain, and hook decent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 pm

hey thanks for all the replies, it's gonna be Fuzons :-)
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:11 pm

good choice. I notice we all failed miserably as far as giving you input on the 3 tires you had originally asked about.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:26 pm

DavidESchiller wrote:
good choice. I notice we all failed miserably as far as giving you input on the 3 tires you had originally asked about.
We work as a team!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In need of some input   In need of some input Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In need of some input
Page 1 of 1