Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fiero engine swap this winter

Go down 
+6
91tsi
bigbird94
mr.johnson
overblown
408 4 Eye
LLcoolJames
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Fiero engine swap
As is
Fiero engine swap this winter I_vote_lcap6%Fiero engine swap this winter I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
3800s/c
Fiero engine swap this winter I_vote_lcap59%Fiero engine swap this winter I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Sbc
Fiero engine swap this winter I_vote_lcap35%Fiero engine swap this winter I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
3.4 dohc
Fiero engine swap this winter I_vote_lcap0%Fiero engine swap this winter I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

Fiero engine swap this winter Empty
PostSubject: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Hello a little history of the car bought it about a year ago with a blown motor put a 3.1L in it just to get it going. It was garage kept most of its life its rust free paint is almost perfect condition still going to paint it a different color. Put a nice system in it 320 watt head unit, 8 speakers ( the headrests have speakers in them Twisted Evil ) not much room for subs.

I'm thinking no to a SBC only because i plan on it being my daily driver and want a little bit better then 12 mpg lol. Im thinking about a 3800 s/c series 2, keeping that stock until i get all the things i need to swap it into a turbo charged 3800....

If you guys have any inputs let me know...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 pm

To bad there isn't a sell and buy a real car option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Ouch....
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:58 pm

I believe he has a pontiac allready!

A non-fiero one I mean
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:34 pm

The 3.4 is garbage! A suped S/C 3800 would be cool
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:35 pm

mtperformance wrote:
LOL
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:47 pm

mtperformance wrote:

A, if you want A roll. If I went to a baker and said "hey, I want to roll", he would look at me like I was retarded and I would deserve it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:28 am

overblown wrote:
mtperformance wrote:

A, if you want A roll. If I went to a baker and said "hey, I want to roll", he would look at me like I was retarded and I would deserve it.
What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

That and I feel like you could have done better at give me shit than you did, come on now you are better than this.

But to the OP, spray the engine you have and see how much it can take.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 am

put a LSX in it
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:06 am

mtperformance wrote:
overblown wrote:
mtperformance wrote:

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

That and I feel like you could have done better at give me shit than you did, come on now you are better than this.

But to the OP, spray the engine you have and see how much it can take.

If I was trying to give you shit, you would have got green evo'd. I was really just trying to help you as I am a fan of funny sigs and yours would be funny if it were correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:14 pm

408 4 eyes- the 3.4 ain't that bad it has 225 hp and i planned on boosting it. Not the F-body 3.4 the dohc one
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:33 pm

mtperformance wrote:

i would say this but i drive a honda civic. Wink
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm

domestic killer wrote:
408 4 eyes- the 3.4 ain't that bad it has 225 hp and i planned on boosting it. Not the F-body 3.4 the dohc one
I was talking about the POS 3.4 that they put in oh GrandAm's and everything else. Enormous POS's those things are. Prone to popping intake gaskets every couple months due to GM's stupid idea of using plastic gaskets. Then if ya put in real gaskets they pop the head gasket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Yeah those are no fun... to be funny i should put a ford 427 side oiler 425 hp stock dang that would be sick but good luck getting your hads on one of those there crazy rare Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:15 pm

mr.johnson wrote:
mtperformance wrote:

i would say this but i drive a honda civic. Wink
Maybe you could hook him up on one of those crazy vtec motors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:18 pm

why a vtec motor when i could just rip a vtec head off of one and bolt it onto my stock motor lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:28 pm

domestic killer wrote:
why a vtec motor when i could just rip a vtec head off of one and bolt it onto my stock motor lmao
Well there go problem solved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 pm

I'd be running 10's all day unless my car got a little cold and my vtec didn't kick in ha ha
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:31 pm

overblown wrote:
If I was trying to give you shit, you would have got green evo'd. I was really just trying to help you as I am a fan of funny sigs and yours would be funny if it were correct.

I could be wrong but the take your ass to the baker thing started with one of the vids on forum. The cartoon does say To although A Roll does make more sense
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Oh and the 3.8sc swap gets my vote. My buddy has a GTP and the supercharger whine is pretty cool and I know Ive seen them run low 13s with bolt ons in a really heavy car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Thought about a Lsx motor but every one is doing that and my tranny is only good for about 325 horse... Plus i'd have to buy a adaptor plate ($1,000) or fabricate one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:22 am

bigbird94 wrote:
overblown wrote:

I could be wrong but the take your ass to the baker thing started with one of the vids on forum. The cartoon does say To although A Roll does make more sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yImCca7DTvs&feature=related

https://wistreetandtrack.forumotion.com/call-outs-hidden-f22/calling-out-nate-t1677-40.htm

And now we are all up to speed.
Back to top Go down
91tsi
Legit
91tsi

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:54 am

ok so i say small block chevy due to my current build
car as this so far

beefed up frame
removed rear firewall
have 01 LS1 out of trans am WS6 bolted to a pontiac G6 F4hoof0 manual 6 spd with adapter kit from v8 archie
motor as a custom headers, Mild cam, edelbrock performer heads, edelbrock intake manifold, and a custom intake that uses te factory fiero filter location,
AS long as the car is off and the hood closed, and ur blind to the huge mickeys out back it looks like a stock 84 fiero indy pace car
this link may help u http://www.v8archie.com/
Back to top Go down
91tsi
Legit
91tsi

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 am

correction: pontiac F40 tranny, i need a new lap top my key board is fucked
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:13 am

domestic killer wrote:
I'd be running 10's all day unless my car got a little cold and my vtec didn't kick in ha ha

my car hits vtec mad hard when its cold. i dont know what your talking about. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fiero engine swap this winter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: