Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fiero engine swap this winter

Go down 
+6
91tsi
bigbird94
mr.johnson
overblown
408 4 Eye
LLcoolJames
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Fiero engine swap
As is
Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
3800s/c
Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 I_vote_lcap59%Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Sbc
Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
3.4 dohc
Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 am

A guy with a Civic coupe raced my buddy's (4g63powa) 97 eclipse GST at Rock Falls last year said the only reason he lost is because he shut his car off at the lights cause they were cleaning some coolant off the track... so when they took off his car was to cold to hit Vtec.....
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:25 am

Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Images12
Is for kids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:30 am

Actually the guy with the civic, for all you guys from Madcitytuners remember about a half a year ago you guys kicked his ass off of there he had that green civic coupe ha ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:30 am

Oh yeah and that mexican riced out trans am
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:11 pm

FYI

New 5.0>vtec>LS>everything else>lt1's
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:21 pm

mtperformance wrote:
FYI

New 5.0>vtec>LS>everything else>lt1's>Nitrous lt1s
Back to top Go down
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:23 pm

mtperformance wrote:
FYI

Lol...wait... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:40 pm

bigbird94 wrote:
mtperformance wrote:
FYI

New 5.0>vtec>LS>everything else>lt1's>Nitrous lt1s

TRUTH
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Haha I hope your facination over the bs hype of the new 5.0 never ends. It's pretty entertaining.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:26 pm

ok so i say small block chevy due to my current build
car as this so far

beefed up frame
removed rear firewall
have 01 LS1 out of trans am WS6 bolted to a pontiac G6 F4hoof0 manual 6 spd with adapter kit from v8 archie
motor as a custom headers, Mild cam, edelbrock performer heads, edelbrock intake manifold, and a custom intake that uses te factory fiero filter location,
AS long as the car is off and the hood closed, and ur blind to the huge mickeys out back it looks like a stock 84 fiero indy pace car
this link may help u http://www.v8archie.com/

91tsi- just wondering y your using a Ls1 motor to me its way to much for a fiero plus im sure the guy's on here who drive 4th gen firebirds agree with me and think that there alot better looking then a notchie fiero... just saying i have three fiero's a 85gt, 88formula, 88gt and non of them are worth the time and money of a LS1. When you can pick up a 3800s/c cheap as shit.
Back to top Go down
91tsi
Legit
91tsi

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:30 pm

i realize financially it makes no sense at all but im not into cars with sensible performance lol. This whole build was just to see if i could do it and what the results would be, current issue is finding away to hook up and then when i do hook up keep the front end down. I would either way suggest a v8 no matter which one even though many shy from the LS1 i enjoy it. BTW im not a fan of the GTP so i wouldnt use its motor. dont get me wrong great cars theres just to many fags in my town that think they are the most amazing veichle ever built
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:59 pm

If you can find a way to hook up the computer for the LS1 its great but if your going for performance and really don't care about the money y not get a sbc for cheap and make it to 500 horse for pretty cheap... that way all you need is fuel coolant and a dang wire to the starter lol
Back to top Go down
91tsi
Legit
91tsi

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:11 pm

lol i know what i did was slight insanity, but i got the whole ecu setup and directions on how to wire it from v8 archie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:07 pm

LOL you should of put a GN motor in it that would be really cool to see....
Back to top Go down
91tsi
Legit
91tsi

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:40 pm

fuck never thought of that, i did contemplate a 4G63, K20, and a B18C5 but i quickly threw those ideas out. way to hard to wire up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:43 pm

I thought of a 4g63 but i was like na lol
Back to top Go down
1BADT
Legit
1BADT

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:38 pm

domestic killer wrote:
LOL you should of put a GN motor in it that would be really cool to see....

Now your thinkin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
91tsi
Legit
91tsi

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:49 pm

The GN motor would be the most bad ass sounding choice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Thats what i plan on doing to the 3800sc after a year.... They have low compression like 8:1 so im putting a F-body intake on it then turbo'ing it.... oh yeah its going to be one sick ride
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:30 pm

i have seen a few with gn motor setup in it they are sick.There is a guy in madison with a northstar v-8 in it,that thing was just crammed in it.The gn motor would be my choice....not that im partial...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:30 pm

If you can find me a GN motor that would be really awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:47 pm

domestic killer wrote:
If you can find me a GN motor that would be really awesome!!!!

how much you want to spend they are for sale on a few buick site all the time i can put a wtb i add on there with a price looking to spend...watch craigslist i have seen complete one on there for sale to...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:11 am

Thanks man i don't think i want to spend more then 500 cash i can find 3800s/c all day for that... ill keep an eye out on craigslist to, i don't really care if its just a t-type motor.. Smile
Back to top Go down
1BADT
Legit
1BADT

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:49 pm

The only TR motor your gonna find for 500 is a good "109" block and maybe a stock crank LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm

LOL ik thats why im sticking with the 3800s/c motor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiero engine swap this winter   Fiero engine swap this winter - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fiero engine swap this winter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2