Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!

Go down 
+8
OJDAJUICEMAN
Disgustang
Rac3c4r
Blown91LX
overblown
MikeyT
roguestatus
Native
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:46 pm

ive a heard some V8 often in new corvettes run meth but not for performance but more for cooling. im sure not 100% meth because you would run rich but i thought i read that somewhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:12 pm

brngrhd wrote:
McMuffDiver wrote:
run meth to pick up where your fuel pump drops off Smile
If V8s do that. i dont know shit. lol

they don't usually do that on unboosted cars. not saying you can't but i'm betting they don't have the compression/cylinder pressures to make god use of any meth. not only that but that is not a safe thing to do yes people do do it but what if the meth pump fails or you run out and don't know it. also if his fuel pump was not able to supply enough fuel the a/f would be lean not rich. Smile badass car for sure buddy.

The last time I had it on the dyno was new the new fuel system. The very first time I had it on the dyno (with the original pump) it was lean, and I also confirmed it using a gauge so I didn't make and real hard runs.
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:43 am

z28_theantirice wrote:
The link above, if my car. Smile

Your going to be very happy with Lloyd's heads, he does great work and amazing customer support.

My car did put down 377 on Midwest Hybrids Dyno, I was pretty happy with the results. It was the first time on the dyno on a Mail order tune, it was running fairly rich 11.6 afr across the board so needless to say there is some power left in it.

That's cool man. Glad I was able to use your ride to support my argument. Cool
I take it you still have the car? I'll have to check it out some time over the summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Native wrote:
z28_theantirice wrote:
The link above, if my car. Smile

Your going to be very happy with Lloyd's heads, he does great work and amazing customer support.

My car did put down 377 on Midwest Hybrids Dyno, I was pretty happy with the results. It was the first time on the dyno on a Mail order tune, it was running fairly rich 11.6 afr across the board so needless to say there is some power left in it.

That's cool man. Glad I was able to use your ride to support my argument. Cool
I take it you still have the car? I'll have to check it out some time over the summer.

I sure do, really starting to get the itch to get it out. Have a couple of things I wanna get buttoned up and I'll be ready to pound some pavement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:19 pm

So what is up with this nasty LT car, did it get done or?
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:06 pm

mtperformance wrote:
It's done and running. I haven't gotten it on a dyno yet....don't think I will have time for that any time soon. But, I'm driving it around so I'm sure people will see me. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 pm

i beleive that heads and a cam with the right tune could easily make 400 , especially with the technology out now a days in heads and cams. lt1's can do some damage....... ask the green evo. sorry couldn't help it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm

t5stang91 wrote:
i beleive that heads and a cam with the right tune could easily make 400 , especially with the technology out now a days in heads and cams. lt1's can do some damage....... ask the green evo. sorry couldn't help it Smile

OH SNAP!!!!!
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:52 am

Native wrote:
mtperformance wrote:
It's done and running. I haven't gotten it on a dyno yet....don't think I will have time for that any time soon. But, I'm driving it around so I'm sure people will see me. Wink
Who does your tuning, if I maybe so bold?

t5stang91 wrote:
Dude your head is so far up your ass, LT1's aint shit. First off OPTI SPARK nuff said. Second LS1 nuff said. Third, well I cant think of a third but I am sure there is something I am missing.

To the point

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 8316

And as far as that EVO goes he missed 2nd or 3rd or whatever, not only that but I had on my Fuzion RACING TIRES that DEAD FUCKING HOOK. Not to mention everyone knows that RWD will work better than AWD especially with an unprepped surface.

OH YEAH

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Kool-aidman_t
Back to top Go down
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:35 am

The car looks sweet man, and the build sounds sick. I'll have to see it sometime.
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:49 am

JamesZ28 wrote:
The car looks sweet man, and the build sounds sick. I'll have to see it sometime.
For sure, hit me up when you are in town.
Back to top Go down
Native
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:53 am

mtperformance wrote:
Native wrote:
mtperformance wrote:

Speed Inc has done my last few cars but I might go a different route with this car. I have a pretty spot on tune (dyno) for my cam/bolt ons so I might make some tweaks on a street tune to add more fuel top end. We'll see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Native wrote:
mtperformance wrote:
Native wrote:
mtperformance wrote:

Speed Inc has done my last few cars but I might go a different route with this car. I have a pretty spot on tune (dyno) for my cam/bolt ons so I might make some tweaks on a street tune to add more fuel top end. We'll see.
I plan on going to Speed Inc. myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:41 am

Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:20 am

slightly confused.. asking price is 7500 but trade value is 9000?
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:55 am

not uncomon. some people will only trade if they can trade up....... or take cash.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:41 pm

i hate to thread stomp but i now have this car, ya its pretty quick but my 93 will beat it.

i have since added some top end fuel with the jet dst i have. and i am trying to make the idle quality better.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:47 pm

How do you like that Jet software
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:52 pm

its all right customer service actually really really sucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!   Tearing down the top end for some ported heads! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tearing down the top end for some ported heads!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3