Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Choose To Go Slow

Go down 
+24
LLcoolJames
347 LX
kthxbai
Bod89lx
Petes71cam
fokus83
Fuckin Schiller!!
Blown91LX
nasty187
Mclovin23
XSFTLBS
mr.johnson
bigbird94
Tusk
240sxguy
HoosierDaddy
408 4 Eye
Overboosting
OJDAJUICEMAN
MikeyT
WWevoX
Disgustang
eLetoR
2jz-U-Ltr
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

I Choose To Go Slow Empty
PostSubject: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:09 am

So the Mazda blew up. Then Nightrunner and I put a new engine in it and it runs great, but it's gotta go.

So what are the choices......

I came down to a 5.0 muff stain, BMW 335, and a Challenger RT Classic Edition.

BMW - Sweet car, expensive as hell to mod and can be tempermental.

muff stain - Fast car, responds great to mods, not too bad of an interior.

Challenger - Great looking, fastish, rides and drives awesome

I got down to the muff stain and challenger. I was driving the challenger around today when I saw a new 5.0 and all I could think was oh hey it's another muff stain. Then I saw two v6 muff stains and about 14 new edge/2 valves and decided there's no way I ever wanted to answer the "So what do you drive" question by saying "A muff stain." No offense meant to muff stain owners, it's just not my thing.

So chances are I will go sign papers for the challenger on Monday and make it a done deal.

I Choose To Go Slow Imagejpeg_24

I Choose To Go Slow Imagejpeg_2-1

I Choose To Go Slow Imagejpeg_25

I Choose To Go Slow Imagejpeg_23

So everyone can hate and tell me how I'm gonna get my dick kicked in and that the new 5.0 is way faster, and I make bad decisions, but I really don't give a shit. By the end of the summer the roads will be polluted with muff stains. The Challenger will not be a fast weekend racer, and neither was the Mazda. But it will be one of the best looking and driving cars you'll see on the road, especially when I'm done with it.

Oh and project Supra is back on.
Back to top Go down
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 am

Better choice than the muff stain IMO, and the white looks good.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:32 am

god damn man those are some sexy pics Razz
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:50 am

Nice work Ansel Adams
Back to top Go down
WWevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:21 am

Does this one have the 6.4 in it? I'm a bit of a tard when it comes to what motors are in the newer dodges.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:22 am

Nope, 5.7
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:32 am

I think its a great choice! They are unique, look awesome, and have decent power. Plus most importantly they cause women to leave snail trails every time you drive by one. What the fuck else could you want?

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:59 am

Nice Peter, Fits you
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:37 am

damn u steve...lol

but life is all about what makes ya happy bro and you gotta do what makes you happy and if that makes you happy, then im happy. someone told me that once Smile
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:15 am

3vs197 wrote:
damn u steve...lol

but life is all about what makes ya happy bro and you gotta do what makes you happy and if that makes you happy, then im happy. someone told me that once Smile

yea but you drive a muff stain....fag Smile
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:24 am

I like it the only thing im not crazy about is the wheels, not a fan of polished wheels on a white car...
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:10 am

They do drive nice though! A buddy has an SRT-8 with the 6 speed, handles and brakes awesome. Just kinda fat and slow, but a very nice cruiser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:01 am

Not to fuck up this thread with a off topic question of sorts, but I have noticed that a lot of "import guys" after awhile have been jumping ship and go domestic as of late.

So not that I am judging your pick of a car (that is if you pull the trigger and sign the dotted line) but why the change of heart?

I know you were more of a domestic guy back in the day, than went to the Mazda now pondering going Mopar. But why not say a new import?

Personally in all seriousness I think that import car makers haven't had a exciting new car design that has captured the hearts and minds of the American car buyers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:43 am

I like it, nice choice Peter. I was debating on getting one before I got my Gto. Really liking that color scheme. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:02 am

Ive said in previous posts that the Heritage Edition Challengers are the best looking car on the market today. True, they are not the fastest, but anything can be made to go fast. I really like Mikey's Challenger, the dark blue is a nice color on them. The white reminds me of Vanishing Point (real muscle car guys know what I'm talking about). I like the wheels, and the vintage '71 R/T stripes on it.

They are reliable, quick for what they are, and look good. Congratulations on your new purchase.

Once a Mopar guy, always a Mopar guy Cool
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:10 am

this may have been partly my fault LOL but only because i really think they are great cars.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:42 am

Overboosting wrote:
I like it the only thing im not crazy about is the wheels, not a fan of polished wheels on a white car...

its a muscle car look, you wouldn't understand subawoo boy

408 4 Eye wrote:
They do drive nice though! A buddy has an SRT-8 with the 6 speed, handles and brakes awesome. Just kinda fat and slow, but a very nice cruiser.

not everyone wants a clapped out , light , drive like shit , street racer,

moparkid wrote:
Ive said in previous posts that the Heritage Edition Challengers are the best looking car on the market today. True, they are not the fastest, but anything can be made to go fast. I really like Mikey's Challenger, the dark blue is a nice color on them. The white reminds me of Vanishing Point (real muscle car guys know what I'm talking about). I like the wheels, and the vintage '71 R/T stripes on it.

They are reliable, quick for what they are, and look good. Congratulations on your new purchase.

Once a Mopar guy, always a Mopar guy Cool

exactly , very nice looking, quick for what they are, rides nice , nice suspension and brake set up.

brngrhd wrote:
this may have been partly my fault LOL but only because i really think they are great cars.
Or maybe because you get a kick back at the dealership for referring.

Very Happy to all
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:07 am

We have a ford dealer too so i could have gotten him one of those........
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:10 am

Hey dude, my wife's car is a 2005 dodge magnum R/T with the 5.7, which I really like. I would buy that car again in a heartbeat. She likes the challenger a lot as well of course. The hardest thing about the Magnum is finding wheels that don't make it appear as if you live in the wrong side of the tracks.

Once you get some miles on it, you may consider modding it. They seem to pick up hp in n/a form fairly easily.

Congratulations dude!

Evan
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:02 am

I'll tell you for the money it would be hard pressed to find a better cruising cars. THE LX model to which the Challenger, Magnum, and Charger all share borrowed heavily from Mercedes Benz when Daimler was involved in Chrysler. This may of been the only thing good about that partnership, but I digress, it makes for a good clean feel even around corners.

Mike
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 am

Mikey, I am installing bilstein front shocks and a rear eibach swaybar on the magnum today. Already have the front bar installed. Makes a world of difference.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 am

mtperformance wrote:
Not to fuck up this thread with a off topic question of sorts, but I have noticed that a lot of "import guys" after awhile have been jumping ship and go domestic as of late.

So not that I am judging your pick of a car (that is if you pull the trigger and sign the dotted line) but why the change of heart?

I know you were more of a domestic guy back in the day, than went to the Mazda now pondering going Mopar. But why not say a new import?

Personally in all seriousness I think that import car makers haven't had a exciting new car design that has captured the hearts and minds of the American car buyers.

^ That is why I bought my GTO, just something about RWD V8 you can never shake....... Still kind of wish I had my DSM for the weekends though.

Peter, awesome decision. That white scheme looks killer and those have enough power to get you a nice ticket. I can't wait to see what you have planned for it Cool
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:16 am

I was actually surprised how well it went around a corner the first time I took one with any speed. I don't mean it did it well as in road course style but it did it without smashing me up against the window. It was perfectly comfortable.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:22 am

Yeah, they are nice cars. My wife's car is just about to roll over 90k miles and the suspension is getting tired.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:22 am

Peaches wrote:
I was actually surprised how well it went around a corner the first time I took one with any speed. I don't mean it did it well as in road course style but it did it without smashing me up against the window. It was perfectly comfortable.

Old Mopars of any kind were made for one thing, and thats to go in a straight line. 40 years of technology makes the new cars more responsive to handling and comfort.

Its hard to believe that the 1968 Dodge Charger was rated the most aerodynamic car that year, but its true.

Congrats again on the purchase, Peaches. You won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Choose To Go Slow
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: