Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Choose To Go Slow

Go down 
+24
LLcoolJames
347 LX
kthxbai
Bod89lx
Petes71cam
fokus83
Fuckin Schiller!!
Blown91LX
nasty187
Mclovin23
XSFTLBS
mr.johnson
bigbird94
Tusk
240sxguy
HoosierDaddy
408 4 Eye
Overboosting
OJDAJUICEMAN
MikeyT
WWevoX
Disgustang
eLetoR
2jz-U-Ltr
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
Legit

I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:24 am

While on the topic, have any of you guys ever put a cam into one of these 5.7s? I have never done anything but OHC motors.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:27 am

mtperformance wrote:
Not to fuck up this thread with a off topic question of sorts, but I have noticed that a lot of "import guys" after awhile have been jumping ship and go domestic as of late.

So not that I am judging your pick of a car (that is if you pull the trigger and sign the dotted line) but why the change of heart?

I know you were more of a domestic guy back in the day, than went to the Mazda now pondering going Mopar. But why not say a new import?

Personally in all seriousness I think that import car makers haven't had a exciting new car design that has captured the hearts and minds of the American car buyers.

I think you got it right, what nice new import car is there right now that's not a family sedan? You can get an evo or sti for the north side of 40k, but I see about 30 of each every day. I miss a good old fat, big motor RWD muscle car look and feel. I like cars that look ridiculous like ACR vipers and challengers with fuckin stripes all over them.

Plus, I'm just too old for the import fan boy cars. I'll still keep my turbo supra though and get that out at some point this summer.

The Mazda was just kind of an accident. I bought it when I first moved to Wi as a reliable daily to replace the 88 supra that was my only car. Plus they were able to finance me and my credit was shit at the time. I never intended it to be really fast, that's why I stopped modding at just intake and exhaust. I will never do turbo 4 cyl or FWD again. Yes I know horsepower per litre but you have to run it on the ragged endge of destruction to make enough power to keep up with a V8 that is barely breaking a sweat to make the same power.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:30 am

240sxguy wrote:
While on the topic, have any of you guys ever put a cam into one of these 5.7s? I have never done anything but OHC motors.
This car is getting exhaust, tint and that's about it. I will go fast in something else. I just wanna kick back in an awesome looking car and pimp wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 am

240sxguy wrote:
Yeah, they are nice cars. My wife's car is just about to roll over 90k miles and the suspension is getting tired.

Yeah, their are a lot of things you can do to the 5.7 for fun. Thier are quite a few guys on Challengertalk.com that have done cams and headers and it seems to really wakes it up.

First level mods on these 5.7 seems to be CAI, Predator tune, and exhaust. ( this is where mine is at.)

Like I said Pete, I had the same reaction with mine going around corners for the first time.

Mike
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:38 am

How about a new Cadillac CTS V?
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:44 am

get the dodge.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 am

bigbird94 wrote:

Dream car for me frankly.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:49 am

Quote :

this particular dodge is about half the price of a new cts v...but yes those are sweet cars.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 am

I didn't even mention the ridiculous deal that steve worked out for me. Thanks again man.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:02 pm

VERY good choice on the white man. You don't see too many of that color running around.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:17 pm

thats a really sweet car and i love the color. if thats what you want peach then thats what you want. cant wait to see it in person.

p.s. it looks so much better than that shitty blue r/t i see driving around Wink
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:08 pm

i like the challengers,not alot around and like you said peaches just nice to cruise in.The wifes Genessi was kind of one of them deals to waslooking for something fun,but driveable.And if still have it when warrenty is gone may get some mods.But for now the genesis is going to be my auto x car once in awhile.And i already got my 12 year waited for Buick,and that will be sold when i die...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
WWevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:45 pm

mtperformance wrote:
Not to fuck up this thread with a off topic question of sorts, but I have noticed that a lot of "import guys" after awhile have been jumping ship and go domestic as of late.

So not that I am judging your pick of a car (that is if you pull the trigger and sign the dotted line) but why the change of heart?

I know you were more of a domestic guy back in the day, than went to the Mazda now pondering going Mopar. But why not say a new import?

Personally in all seriousness I think that import car makers haven't had a exciting new car design that has captured the hearts and minds of the American car buyers.

Quite frankly now that the domestic manufacturers have had to pull their heads out of their asses they're moving leaps and bounds ahead of the foreign makers. For example I took my evo down to appleton couple weeks ago and saw a brand new evo SE and it looked exactly like mine and had the exact same motor/horsepower 4 years later.... Then you look at say the new muff stain and it has 400 and change crank horsepower while getting 26 to the gallon on the hwy lol. Who wouldn't buy a car that's faster, gets better gas mileage, and runs around a track faster.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Nice car peaches. Dont worry about being slow. I made that choice last year. The pain fades. Lol
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

That's I figured too. Just drive the Damn thing and have fun
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Mclovin23 wrote:
p.s. it looks so much better than that shitty blue r/t i see driving around Wink

LOL, Your mom didn't seem to mind! In fact she seemed to really like the back seat!

Mike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Lol

Spotted: Mikey T ripping a good Corys mom joke!!
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Peaches wrote:

I know, I was surprised too!

car looks awesome, did you get HIDs or navi or heated seats or any of that good stuff?
although I'm a muff stain nut and most people know it, your reason for not wanting one is definitely understandable.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
Peaches wrote:

I know, I was surprised too!

car looks awesome, did you get HIDs or navi or heated seats or any of that good stuff?
although I'm a muff stain nut and most people know it, your reason for not wanting one is definitely understandable.

two words: fully loaded
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:

Yeah buddy, all of it.
Back to top Go down
WWevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Niceee Congratz on the purchase!
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:44 pm

I choose to go STUPID !
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:00 am

I choose to go eat!
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 am

I choose you Pikachu!
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:43 am

Nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Choose To Go Slow   I Choose To Go Slow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Choose To Go Slow
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next