Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think I could buy....

Go down 
+13
LLcoolJames
Blown91LX
HoosierDaddy
kp116
Disgustang
MikeyT
Tusk
OJDAJUICEMAN
saucemaxx
bigbird94
Fuckin Schiller!!
STiedVR4Guy
XSFTLBS
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

What do you think I could buy.... Empty
PostSubject: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:53 pm

For around 4500 bucks? I'm talking about a relatively fast summer car. Something that just runs and doesn't need any work. Wouldn't be opposed to a Fox Mustang, must be a 5 speed..... NO HONDAS. Sorry, just don't like them. Older cars are okay. Just testing the waters......
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Only buy something if you're selling that tbird. You don't need another car that will take a shit.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:01 pm

maybe an older 4th gen F body. but yeah for the love of god please sell that t-bird and buy something that won't explode every time you turn the key.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
maybe an older 4th gen F body. but yeah for the love of god please sell that t-bird and buy something that won't explode every time you turn the key.
I was going to say Fbody but we really dont need anymore of those on here.
Maybe a Grand Prix GTP?
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:10 pm

this

or this

or this

Just llok it up on autotrader, v8, manual, choose your maxilum distance, 5k at max price, 450 cars and trucks within 200 miles
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:17 pm

i vote GTP. cause if he makes a fail thread about that car i will know exactly how to fix it!
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:27 pm

^ Heh.

Dare I say a 1G DSM What do you think I could buy.... Wall
Have to go over it with a fine tooth comb though. NM I couldn't find squat in a hundo miles.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:33 pm

How about this old duster?

I actually checked it out last year. Its not going to be a world beater, but it is cool and something I know a lot about. The interior looked pretty good, the engine bay would need some work to get ready. They will also deal with you.

http://madison.craigslist.org/ctd/2323530662.html

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:38 pm

5000 and my car is yours.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:54 pm

The bird is up for sale. if it doesn't sell, I may end up parting it out. I was going over it today, and realized the body is just simply too rough for me to spend any more on. I would be willing to swap the drivetrain over into a Notch or hatch.... its fairly straight forward. I know I can get near 4K for just the parts on it alone, since damn near the whole car is new parts LOL

It figures.... Ive lost interest just as it starts running great.

I wouldnt be opposed to an f-body..... but definitely no convertibles. I'd like a hard top, but I'd go for a moonroof.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Just for reference, the T-bird IS running good now. Its actually never failed to start or blown up, thats for sure. The only thing even close to blowing up was when i threw a rocker arm unexpectedly, and that was an easy fix. Its simply a matter of I've lost interest.... and it sucks.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 pm

The thing is, it won't stay that way. Get rid of it. buy something NA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:00 pm

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
The thing is, it won't stay that way. Get rid of it. buy something NA.

like a 380 wheel Camaro
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Its up for sale for 3300 right now as it sits. I have a lot more into it, but i don;t care. I want something different. If it sells, i'll drive the wife's SHO for meets until I can save up for a better vehicle. I have a 1500 check coming soon, plus whatever I can save up between now and later on this summer. If I get 3K out of the bird, plus the 1500.... plus a bit of cash saved, i think I can find something relatively fun that looks good. I'm willing NOT to drive a fun car for a while so I can save up and find something nice.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:21 pm

that duster is in rough shape as i remember it.... that night we left te cruise thing peter you and i took a look at it......
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:02 pm

ls1 f-body. Sense it has a ls1 you won't even need to do anything and you will kill everybody! Smile
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Exactly ........... I guess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Chris' car would be a good fit for you. New engine that's been proven, and now a new transmission also. I'm sure he'd toss in the C6 wheels also if you asked him nice. $5k is good money for that car.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:08 pm

That all depends on if I can sell the t-bird. I know I'm going to take a big hit on it, but its just not moving at all. Its kind of depressing, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:21 pm

Nice looking 86 gt on chicago's craigslist. A bunch of mods. $2700.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:52 pm

i know your not going to want to hear this but it is what i would do if i were in your shoes

pay off any and all debt sell the SHO and the bird buy that wife a nice reliable car then save for the toy you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 pm

brngrhd wrote:
i know your not going to want to hear this but it is what i would do if i were in your shoes

pay off any and all debt sell the SHO and the bird buy that wife a nice reliable car then save for the toy you want.

+1

If you keep buying $5000 cars you don't really like... you will continue to get bored with them. Get her a civic.... or awd something since wisconsin winters suck balls. Save save save till you can afford something you truly want. You will be much happier.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 12:15 am

You know big guy for 4500 that could be a cheap car or a marvelous night in Vegas! Just another way of looking at things!

Mike

PS J/K got to agree with Steve about practicality.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 am

brngrhd wrote:

The SHO will be fine for her. Motor is good, trans is good too. We are keeping the thing at least until the warranty on the trans is over with. Might as well, considering what we have into it. It WILL go up for sale for 4500 though, just in case I run across somebody that wants to buy it. Either way, shes got a reliable car.

I've been saving for something else, but I want to get rid of the bird before buying ANOTHER car. My truck is okay for now, it will eventually need the VB dropped to replace that solenoid, but again, its reliable.

The whole purpose of selling the T-bird is to get into something else. Something that I don;t need to touch for a while. I wouldnt be selling the bird unless I intended to buy a different summer driver for me. We paid off 99% of our debt already, and all we have is a single credit card left which doesnt carry much of a balance. By the time I'm out of school, we will have enough saved up for a decent Down Payment on a NEW car for the wife. The SHO will last until then.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:04 am

MikeyT wrote:
You know big guy for 4500 that could be a cheap car or a marvelous night in Vegas! Just another way of looking at things!

Mike

PS J/K got to agree with Steve about practicality.

LOL you DO have a point there Mike..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think I could buy....   What do you think I could buy.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think I could buy....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: