Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

emissions testing. would you be screwed?

Go down 
+16
347 LX
Fuckin Schiller!!
JamesZ28
Tusk
GGevoX
408 4 Eye
MikeyT
Piro Fyre
2jz-U-Ltr
240sxguy
Thunderballs
Mclovin23
STiedVR4Guy
Overboosting
XSFTLBS
HoosierDaddy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

would you pass ?
Yes
emissions testing. would you be screwed? I_vote_lcap43%emissions testing. would you be screwed? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 15 ]
No
emissions testing. would you be screwed? I_vote_lcap57%emissions testing. would you be screwed? I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
HoosierDaddy
Legit

emissions testing. would you be screwed? Empty
PostSubject: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:46 pm

If Madison decided to do emissions testing like Milwaukee , would you pass ? And I'm not talking about daily s either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:47 pm

They just scan for trouble codes and that's it.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Fuck no I wouldnt pass.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:49 pm

I was told they did exhaust related things as well. Hmmm Idk
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Theyve been talking about this since I went to matc for auto tech class which was 3 years ago. If it does pass it will only be obd2 cars because the equipment for obd1 is too expensive so like franz said its basically checking for codes but they do a visual inspection too and thats where I might be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Thats what the teachers told me at least..
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:53 pm

2 and a half more years and I can put collector or hobby plates on my gofaster car. So I don't care.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:53 pm

It's a subject to think about since Madison is full of tree huggers.....

Last edited by nightrunner06 on Wed May 11, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:59 pm

"Im Gay-D. my car is from milwaukee and has cats so everyone can go fuck themselves when they fail emissions. See ya out there."
Back to top Go down
Thunderballs
Legit

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:00 pm

Technically speaking according to federal law it is illegal to modify your exhaust at all unless its to replace it, and that must be done with oem approved parts.

And don't even look at your cat converters.

But if its just a trouble code scan I will be good.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:00 pm

Mclovin23 wrote:
"Im Gay-D. my car is from milwaukee and has cats so everyone can go fuck themselves when they fail emissions. See ya out there."

Haha this is too funny to be corey
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Mclovin23 wrote:

Sorry dickhead , I was just trying to be active in a subject that may be affecting us in the future . I was hoping others would share their situation . Wink

Last edited by nightrunner06 on Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:02 pm

I'd pass, but I'd rather have a loud car and fail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:03 pm

I'd pass, but I'd rather have a loud car and fail.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:07 pm

I passed the tailpipe sniffer with flying colors when I lived in IL. I did have a cat on the car though, which is something I may revisit. The exhaust smells way better with a cat in place. My exhaust was loud as hell (as it is now) and my car is OBD1 for a reason.

My car isn't legal by ANY stretch... but I could pass if they didn't do a visual.

Evan
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm good to go
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:13 pm

If worse came to worse you could just set up a system with a Race pipe and a cat and just remove/replace every test.
Back to top Go down
Piro Fyre

Piro Fyre

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:14 pm

By pass you mean fuck with the ECU so it reads pass all the time even though the check engine light is on? Then yes, I'll "pass", in which, I did. I go to my local test station, who are car guys too, and all they do is scan. They knew I wasn't going to pass but when it did, man were they surprised. Said our byes and I was on my way to register the car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Piro Fyre wrote:
By pass you mean fuck with the ECU so it reads pass all the time even though the check engine light is on? Very Happy

If your check engine light is lit, they automatically fail your ass. They won't even hook up the scanner. Just disable the CEL........ Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Piro Fyre

Piro Fyre

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:17 pm

As I said, my local test station are also car guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Okay skippy. Cool
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:28 pm

I would laugh if the Coronet passed! I'm pretty sure that the Challenger would pass. I could reset my regular tune in a second and my exhaust would just fine.

Mike
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:06 pm

I would not pass. But I have " hobbyist " plates so I dont care.
Back to top Go down
GGevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:41 pm

I failed twice for a lean code back in Missouri on my lancer.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Bah..... I'm sure as some of the older folk have heard about emission testing coming to town for ages.... I'm still waiting.

My GTO should do fine on a sniffer.... if not just throw the stock tune back on it. Visually, I'm pretty damn stock. I hope to have some JBA stuff before the snow files, but it is all CARB approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

emissions testing. would you be screwed?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next