Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

emissions testing. would you be screwed?

Go down 
+16
347 LX
Fuckin Schiller!!
JamesZ28
Tusk
GGevoX
408 4 Eye
MikeyT
Piro Fyre
2jz-U-Ltr
240sxguy
Thunderballs
Mclovin23
STiedVR4Guy
Overboosting
XSFTLBS
HoosierDaddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

would you pass ?
Yes
emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 15 ]
No
emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap57%emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:47 pm

No way I would pass. No cats, but only a year and a half and it'll be eligible for collector/hobbyist plates so I'm not worried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Old cars like Mikey's Coronet would be exempt since Catalytic Converters didn't exist when that car was new.

I've never owned a hot rod that would pass emissions testing, and I'm not planning to anytime soon. Like Andy, I have Collector plates so I say "Fuck off you eco-nazi fags."
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:05 pm

my car would pass. but they'd probably laugh at my garbage catback.
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:20 pm

My car would not pass. It's older and will have hobbyist plates on it this year.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:24 pm

nightrunner06 wrote:
Mclovin23 wrote:
"Im Gay-D. my car is from milwaukee and has cats so everyone can go fuck themselves when they fail emissions. See ya out there."

Sorry dickhead , I was just trying to be active in a subject that may be affecting us in the future . I was hoping others would share their situation . Wink

didnt mean to hurt your feelings sweety. if it makes you feel any better i contributed and voted no on your poll Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:06 am

Here is a curious mathematical question. How many prius's would it take to equal the emissions of say Andy's mustang, or Zac's Buick or even one of our F bodies? Would it make a tree hugger cry?

Mike
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:11 am

I always wanted a bumper sticker that said something along the lines of " My exhaust is loud so you can hear me killing the environment."

Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:51 am

This has been one of my favs....

emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Buyahybrid-1
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:17 am

i wouldnt pass. i will have hobbyist plates on the hatch soon. its 20 years old right?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:36 am

MikeyT wrote:
Here is a curious mathematical question. How many prius's would it take to equal the emissions of say Andy's mustang, or Zac's Buick or even one of our F bodies?

Mike

Only one if they drove like an asshole and Andy drove like a grandma.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:49 am

emissions are usually measured to CO2 lb/mile. A prius is about .4 and a LS3 vette is about 1. so i would bet a car w/o cats and a big cam would be 3-4 lb/mile maybe?
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:38 am

Peaches wrote:
MikeyT wrote:
Here is a curious mathematical question. How many prius's would it take to equal the emissions of say Andy's mustang, or Zac's Buick or even one of our F bodies?

Mike

Only one if they drove like an asshole and Andy drove like a grandma.
I do drive like a grandma! On the interstate, I drive 60 MPH.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:23 am

'48 chevy 4100 doesnt apply
74 z28 doesnt apply
96 civic/stock=pass
dually/stock=pass
ex cab/stock=pass
supra/not stock=fail

MikeyT wrote:
Here is a curious mathematical question. How many prius's would it take to equal the emissions of say Andy's mustang, or Zac's Buick or even one of our F bodies? Would it make a tree hugger cry?

Mike

depends how ya look at it, if its mpg the prius looks good. andys mustang is made up of alot of recycled or old parts & a prius is made up of new and some precious materials. so right off the bat the prius is an offender. then consider the battery that prius is gonna need in a few years, the disposal of that battery, the fuel it was using the whole time and worst of all the fact that when a prius is 10 years old no one will give a fuck and its going to the dump. whereas the mustang or said gn or f body will quite possibly be loved by someone to the end of time. my 2cents

Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:27 am

Yep. I have cats too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:15 pm

'94 1500 duals no cats OBD1 - fail if tested, it runs fairly rich
'89 Prelude - No cats, looking at collectors plates, doesn't apply anyways i dont think

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:48 pm

If, and it is a big if, Dane County goes to a emission test it won't just be a code scan and a visual inspection.

From the rumors, reading and people I talk to it would likely be hooking up and making sure the CE light works proper, there are no codes and all Readiness Monitors found using any Global OBD2 scanner have passed. Those monitors can't be fudged without some programming knowledge. So just clearing codes and going to get checked won't cut it because the Readiness Monitor will read "Not Run". If all the monitors read "Ran And Passed" you are good to go.

They'll also piggy back a safety check. Tires, Brakes, Glass all good, Seat Belts, Horn, Lights, no leaking fluids, no rust that could cause a failure. Exhaust factory approved or 50 state legal.

They'd also do this on anything 20 years old and newer. So everyone rolling older iron would be goodtogo.

If they get really nasty they would set up the testing so it gives direct results to the DMV/DOT and State so they could see if we, the shops, are cheating the system for our good customers/friends/ourselves.

Now don't go firing with both barrels at me. I'm just the messenger. As Hugy Bear would say, "I just know some people who know some people who robed some people." Personally I'd like Madison to keep its nose out of my business out here in the sticks.

I doubt it will come because the tree huggers in Madison and the County guberment are the biggest hypocrites I know. Once they find out this will cost them time and money it will die a death. Their interest is telling the rest of us surrounding la-la-land what to do and what to pay to keep feeding the beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: emissions testing. would you be screwed?   emissions testing. would you be screwed? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

emissions testing. would you be screwed?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2